Wtfast & Mwonline...

8 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts
  • LocationDavao City, Philippines

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

I've read through many of the threads concerning WTFast and MWO's server/location and such like that. However, I've not found anything definitive that will help me utilize WTFast with the game.

Currently, playing from the Philippines I have on average a 266ms ping. It is a game killer. It's even worse when I get a lag spike that can last 3 to 5 seconds and in that time I'm dead.

When I try using WTFast with MWO it does not connect or work at all. I find this perplexing, very perplexing. Even though a new game like Armored Warfare, in Closed Beta Early Access, I'm able to connect to the server via WTFast and enjoy a far lower ping and latency issue. This is true when I play SWTOR on an East Coast server in NA. However, I have no success with WTFast with MMO.

So, my question is this; Is MWO allowing the use of WTFast to connect to their game or are do they have something in place to stop it because it is akin to a VPN masking my real IP address? I cannot continue playing this game if I am not able to use this program to connect. If I cannot get this resolved I'll have to uninstall, have my account deleted, and move on.

Edit 1: When I do connect using WTFast I login to battle and after a few minutes I'm summarily disconnected from the server. This is why I think they have a block on using this program.

Edit 2: When I turned off WTFast I was allowed into battle. So they are blocking the use of WTFast. That's the only answer to why I cannot get into battle. Thanks Piranha Games!

Therefore, any help from MWO's developement staff on this issue would be greatly appreciated. As I need the exact location of the server, any permissions to have WTFast to connect or something that will aid me in making a connection.

Thank you.

Edited by Dalton Dakota, 06 June 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

I would recommend e-mailing technical@mwomercs.com. As mentioned in a previous announcement, the average response time is about 8 days.

#3 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostDalton Dakota, on 06 June 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

I've read through many of the threads concerning WTFast and MWO's server/location and such like that. However, I've not found anything definitive that will help me utilize WTFast with the game.

Currently, playing from the Philippines I have on average a 266ms ping. It is a game killer. It's even worse when I get a lag spike that can last 3 to 5 seconds and in that time I'm dead.

When I try using WTFast with MWO it does not connect or work at all. I find this perplexing, very perplexing. Even though a new game like Armored Warfare, in Closed Beta Early Access, I'm able to connect to the server via WTFast and enjoy a far lower ping and latency issue. This is true when I play SWTOR on an East Coast server in NA. However, I have no success with WTFast with MMO.

So, my question is this; Is MWO allowing the use of WTFast to connect to their game or are do they have something in place to stop it because it is akin to a VPN masking my real IP address? I cannot continue playing this game if I am not able to use this program to connect. If I cannot get this resolved I'll have to uninstall, have my account deleted, and move on.

Therefore, any help from MWO's developement staff on this issue would be greatly appreciated. As I need the exact location of the server, any permissions to have WTFast to connect or something that will aid me in making a connection.

Thank you.

I'm from there too. Same Ping, sometimes higher. And I honestly don't see the "Game Killer" aspect...? I run all weight classes just peachy.

I'd like to see a video of what your gameplay is like.

#4 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 06 June 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

I'm from there too. Same Ping, sometimes higher. And I honestly don't see the "Game Killer" aspect...? I run all weight classes just peachy.

I'd like to see a video of what your gameplay is like.

I'm an average at best player in this game simply because I've not played it enough. However, in games like SWTOR, WoTs, GW2, or Armored Warfare, where I PvP all the time I'm not 'average,' I pretty good at what I can do. However, without WTFast to help limit the large ping spikes and latency issues it makes PvPing problematic especially playing against players who have pings in the 30 to 100 range. They have a huge advantage over higher pings. Philippine internet service is attrocious. They state an 80% reliability rate locally and less than 50% internationally (Globe and Skycable). WTFast helps improve game play 150%. While you might be okay with your latency, I am not. If I cannot use WTFast with this game I will not play it, simple as that.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

You could search a little bit more: :P

http://mwomercs.com/...e-with-mwo-now/

#6 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

View PostShinVector, on 06 June 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

You could search a little bit more: :P

http://mwomercs.com/...e-with-mwo-now/

What do you think I'm using here? They are blocking the use of WTFast even 4.0 beta

Edited by Dalton Dakota, 06 June 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#7 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

View PostDalton Dakota, on 06 June 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

What do you think I'm using here? They are blocking the use of WTFast even 4.0 beta

He does have a point. If you are using the 4.0 Beta version, things could work for you. Knowing Shin, the comment had nothing malicious in it, so no need to be hostile.

#8 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

I don't use WTFast myself. I suggest emailing MWO support to find out on its status.

You can actually play even without this program (i don't use it as already mentioned). Granted HSR can't keep up for us with 250+ ping but we can still perform well. Just yesterday i managed 4 kills 6 assists 799 damage with my Ice Ferret carrying 1 clan large pulse laser and 1 clan ER medium laser.

(yes this is just one game but it is proof that 250+ pingers can still achieve it)

So no, you don't need to uninstall even if MWO cannot support WTFast usage. You can still do well without it.

Edited by dragnier1, 06 June 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#9 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 June 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

He does have a point. If you are using the 4.0 Beta version, things could work for you. Knowing Shin, the comment had nothing malicious in it, so no need to be hostile.

Yep... MWO was only compatible with WTFast as of 4.0 Beta... Didn't work with the previous version as confirmed by email by the WTfast CEO Rob.. Can't get in-game.. Crash back to mechlab issue.

Did managed to get it to work with the latest beta 4.0 beta as advertised however.

Anyway.. OP should troubleshoot with WTfast than PGI though.
I didn't try it with the latest version of MWO but I did get it work for hours without dropping a month ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users