This game is making me crazy

27 replies to this topic

#1 Acis

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationsan francisco

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

A few weeks ago i bought the elite pack, one mech is all i need after all. The catapult looked fun so i got that, kept reading the forums because i'm not much of a poster. Kept seeing all the different ideas everyone has for different mechs.. Then i started to think maybe i made a mistake maybe i should have gone with the jenner, after all i love going fast, the excitement of everyone being bigger than you etc. And even the atlas looked kinda fun, for ambushes especially. But i was going with the catapult, i had already made that decision and i like being fire support. For some reason though I found myself purchasing the upgrade, cause i want to try all the chassis out there. I've really missed playing my mech games, I never really started playing online though, and i know i'm going to get crushed quite a few times but it's fun. I want to just play and i want to try out all 4 of those mechs and i want a collection damn it, a garage full of these things and everything i read is just hurting me. Doing this to me is like dangling a doughnut just out of reach of a fat dude, keeping it just out of reach of him as he tries to go for it. I can't say i have looked forward to a game as much as this in a while, and i really hope the wait is worth it, because the wait is driving me insane. Come out with it already, i wanna play.

#2 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

+1

#3 Nairdowell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 193 posts
  • LocationDeep in my hidden lab, atop a mountain, somewhere in the backwoods of Tennessee, USA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

er.....

Crazy - er

Crazier....

Yup, I feel your pain...

#4 Kottonmouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, Wyoming. AKA the Periphery

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

You havent gone crazy till you enter the "cult of Paul" stage. It's part of a prophecy or something. Hang on there buddy, we'll get through this. Together.

#5 Acis

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationsan francisco

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

lol, thanks for making me laugh at my own rantings.

#6 Aeryk Corsaer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

I feel for you...er...with you. Come on, August 7th!!!

#7 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostKottonmouth, on 11 July 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

You havent gone crazy till you enter the "cult of Paul" stage. It's part of a prophecy or something. Hang on there buddy, we'll get through this. Together.

We'll hold hands together, cry together and shoot up mechs together.

#8 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Indeed.. I am more excited about this game than I have been for a game in soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many years.. perhaps even a decade. And certainly not ever this far in advance of a new game. I might get excited for a new game when it is released and can't wait to get home to play it after I buy it and I've certainly tracked other games through development.. like say Torchlight 2 for instance.. but nothing like this.. this game has me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for even the smallest crumbs of information. :)

#9 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

This game is making me spend my spare time hanging around in a forum, waiting for august. That's totally crazy, i've never been much of a forum poster, but i just NEED battlefield input, slight as it is.

In the meantime, i play MWLL to practice joystick skills, checking back here for news, between matches. this is my first vacation in a long time, my girlfriend thinks i'm crazy, and i KNOW she's right.

Yesterday a friend of mine set up a two on two classic battletech match, which would have been like methadone, but then another friend got sick and it was cancelled.

I'm tired.

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 11 July 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#10 Stormcujo

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationst louis

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

I feel your pain I went to got get my ol joystick so I could dust it off and get it ready. To my fear I couldnt find it. SO at least looking for a new compable joystick is keeping me busy but man I wanna play NOW!

#11 Steelo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGuelph/On

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostMuffinTop, on 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

We'll hold hands together, cry together and shoot up mechs together.

Kumbaya my lordddd kumbayaaa

#12 Papertarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNo-where Kansas

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostKottonmouth, on 11 July 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

He spoke the anointed ones name. He must be brought before the group and pummeled with swizzle stiks and fluffy pillows till he is a gibbering mass of goo.

#13 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

My Madness has overtaken me, I've dug up my TRO's, started considering buying some of the new TRO, though only one (3039) will likely have any relevance to this game. I burned through MechCommaner2 in a few days (only having one of my pilots [Flash] die on me). Been searching like crazy for my MW2:Merc disks (We just moved) even looked at my MW4:Merc disks since I can find v2.

I'm on these forums more than is probably healthy, lost almost all interest in STO (my current MMO).

The only other things even remotely holding my attention besides by wife and daughter are any tid-bits about Wasteland 2 and my biopic screen play.

And let's not even talk about all the peripherals and upgrades I'm considering doing, just for this one game and trying to explain it to my wife!

Madness?! This IS MechWarrior!!

Edited by Monsoon, 11 July 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#14 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

LoL Ya, i been looking at accessories and peripherals too. I am super stoked about this game's arrival.

#15 TheHeater

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Posted Image

#16 bLitzLRC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSunset Beach, NC

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

I am changing my cable tv to basic because I know after Aug 7 I will not be watching any tv. This game is making me crazy for sure. I'll still make time to bonk the old lady, so I'm not totally crazy.

#17 Kottonmouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, Wyoming. AKA the Periphery

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostPapertarget, on 11 July 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

He spoke the anointed ones name. He must be brought before the group and pummeled with swizzle stiks and fluffy pillows till he is a gibbering mass of goo.

Not sure if terrified, or aroused... maybe both. But I too am a follower of the Great One.

View PostTheHeater, on 11 July 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

This picture made me spit out my whiskey on my screen. Since I drink only the finest Tennessee Highballs, I demand you give me 30 Canadian pennies to cover my loss.

Edited by Kottonmouth, 11 July 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#18 Kycer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

I logon Everyday to see the Pending sign LOLZ!

#19 StaticPappy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCentral USA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

YES .. life on hold till I'm in a mech!

#20 ksaar

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCzech republic

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

my f5 key is already gone....