13 replies to this topic

#1 Manei Domini Krigg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

I believe that we need to limit the search for ELO.
Let matchmaker selects team Elo for 1 minute and then gets all the players and the battle begins.

I dont need waiting for 5 min. Stop to waste my time!

Edited by Krigg, 10 June 2015 - 07:40 AM.

#2 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

Perhaps you are also queueing with the weight class everyone else is playing. Normally the heavy class has the largest population and therefore takes the longest to find a match, especially solo drops in public queue. Try running a medium or light, those usually drop in under 30 seconds.

You can also go into the CW queue, wait 60 minutes and still never find a drop, than go back to public queue and feel like the 5 minute wait is near instant! ;-)

#3 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

Why does it take so long anyway. It'll just be another stomp regardless.

#4 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostTaffer, on 10 June 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Why does it take so long anyway. It'll just be another stomp regardless.

Weight balancing + not enough playerbase = current tragedy.

#5 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

The system already gives up on elo after a short time. This is what causes ggclose. It builds a low elo team and runs out of players, then selects anyone available for the other team which ends up with a much higher elo average. The alternate is that it is trying to build a high elo game and runs out of players which causes it to expand the search for the other team by taking low elo players. The low elo player always gets the short end driving new players away.

#6 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

When the population gets too low, Elo fails. When Elo fails, the population gets lower. :blush:

#7 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,965 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

Light mechs are the fastest que, then Assault, then medium, then heavy.

Been that way for a while, sometimes you get lucky, othertimes you're sitting there waiting 5-6 minutes.

I wish MM was more flexible in getting games put together quicker too.

#8 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostInnocent, on 10 June 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

The system already gives up on elo after a short time.

To oversimplify: This.

#9 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

So... play lights and drop fast?

#10 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostInnocent, on 10 June 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

The system already gives up on elo after a short time. This is what causes ggclose. It builds a low elo team and runs out of players, then selects anyone available for the other team which ends up with a much higher elo average. The alternate is that it is trying to build a high elo game and runs out of players which causes it to expand the search for the other team by taking low elo players. The low elo player always gets the short end driving new players away.

this

Just had a match where most of my team were guys I knew were badasses, other team was nobodies. It was the dream team.

#11 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

View Postlordtzar, on 10 June 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

this

Just had a match where most of my team were guys I knew were badasses, other team was nobodies. It was the dream team.

It happens, but not as often as some like to claim. More often than not when my team has players I know to be skilled besides myself, so does the enemy team. I can count my matches where one team ended up with all the best players on one hand.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 10 June 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#12 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

LOL elo complaints make me laugh, because everyone thinks theirs is highest :P

Really though even though many do not pay attention to it the mech you choose also can be causing this. Like when it says 40% Heavy maybe pick one of the other two that are not the lowest % will help. But do not pick the lowest % because it will cause you to have a low pop to be countered up with (so may take longer). Also match modes ... if you are having trouble getting a match maybe play some other match mode you do not play already because it could be slowing you down if you are only looking for one mode (mind you % are for all modes not just those you have selected).

Edited by clownwarlord, 10 June 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#13 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:50 PM

Despite the wait times, I find, usually, the clsest games are when I take a mech with the highest "waiting" %.

I see it, with that many people in that section, odds are when the match is being put together my own heavy lance should be made of players somewhat close to me, and the enemy team should also get that. The poole is bigger, so MM has more choices.

there is some flexability, depending on what is second highest. ALSO, it is important to observe your first few matches and see if any of the weight classes have some solid match ups. Your light squad and enemy light squad both roll high match scores? Odds are the light poole has some vets running in it tonight. Same for assault, etc. THEN, you can take a class to compliment it. For example, assaults wrecking the place tonight? Pick a light or medium and adjust tactics based on the premise the assaults will pull their weight. Assaults total DERP squad, mediums wrecking? Run an assault, knowing some of the mediums should be able to help you focus fire and protect your flanks.

It isnt foolproof, and if you are just going to run like 5 matches, you wont get the chance. Basically though, it doesnt take long to know when MM is trying to tell you to run a different weight class, your forehead will be red from all the facepalms.

#14 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

Uh... stop playing heavy mechs?

I run lights and mediums (speed is love, speed is life) and I drop in about 30 seconds in solo queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users