Which Tbr To Get For Cbills

9 replies to this topic

#1 Mayhem Williams

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

Hi guys, could you please help me a little here? I am overwhelmed, I am not sure which TimberWolf to get for cbills
There are P C D and S
Should I get all all 4 over time?
Which one should I start with and why?
Thank you.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

For a player new enough to ask, it doesn't matter. The C offers a CT energy hard point and the S a CT jump jet, but you can change all the rest of the omnipods anyways so... Yeah, it just doesn't matter.

You'll eventually want 3 to get elite skills, but there's no reason to buy 4 at all.

#3 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,819 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

The beauty of Clans is that you ultimately won't need any more than you want to play at a time in CW - two maximum. I bought the Prime just because, and the S because of the jump jets - I had another variant, but I stripped the omni-pods out of it and sold it back to buy my third Stormcrow. =) Though I recommend the S, it really doesn't matter what you get, so long as you select one that has weapons you've done well with playing Trial 'Mechs.

#4 Mayhem Williams

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

Great point Void :)

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

Well I just run the prime, but I've also got the Invasion variant for bonus cash back.

For the most part with omni mechs it really doesn't matter which you get.

#6 Glenn Cain

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

but if i had to swap out all the omni pods just to get the hardpoints, i'd gather 21% increased laser duration and increased cooldown or something like that. isn't that a cause of concern?

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

The P is the worst. The C/D/(and A, though it's only for $ so far) are identical, the S has unique uses.

I recommend going P,S,C/D

#8 Escaflow

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:21 AM

Basically what Terciel says..

You want the Prime/S and either C or D (flip a coin) to master and keep at least 2 for CW.

Personally i kept 3, Prime (because.. Prime) the S (named SpecOps for Artemis Builds) and the D (Dakka)

More Detail:
The S got a CT JJ so you don't need a S-ST for a JJ what get rid of the Neg Quirks for Missle Based Weapons.
The Prime got no neg Quirks and a free slot in the CT for ammo or a TargetComp.
The C/D got a Energy CT with neg Laser Quirks... well... its an E Point.

For the A (not part of your question yet) i don't even know why someone would buy it, its only outstanding pick is the ST but with the Big neg Quirks its useless in my eyes.

#9 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:09 AM

I would buy the C for the energy hardpoint in the center torso. I have the Prime and there is not much difference, but having that extra laser would help.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 09 June 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

I would buy the C for the energy hardpoint in the center torso. I have the Prime and there is not much difference, but having that extra laser would help.

That's true of the D&A too.

I own a P, S, C, 2xD and an A. CT energy was the best thing going until the recent changes. Now, it's still pretty good, but that single JJ of the S is a lot more appealing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users