• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostAveren, on 11 June 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

stuff

Yes yes, how dare the clans have a damn good mech that fits the totally different feel of play style they offer. Damn dirty Clans that broke all the game and made everything unfun.

though I do have to agree, if PGI screwed up an extensively player designed UI, I have no hope for this game.

#22 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostAveren, on 11 June 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

The mech isn't exactly something i'm looking forward too. This is the first clan mech with an acutally low silhouette, isn't it? If that thing is at the level of a timber, then i'll probably just quit the game, at least for a while. MWO has quite a few unique and cool elements you just don't find in other games, but all it's issues, all that broken balance nonsense and p2w just isn't worth bothering at some point.

Whatever, sorry if I spoiled the mood.

Well if all it takes for you to quit is Kiiyor to make a few screenshots how have you stayed through the Holy Trinity?

Please explain to me how this is P2w? You can get it for FREE! Just not in 5 days.

#23 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 11 June 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Well if all it takes for you to quit is Kiiyor to make a few screenshots how have you stayed through the Holy Trinity?

Because i'm tired of it, also played less during the original trinity hype. MWO can be a really fun game, but the broken balance is just annoying in a game that can be complex and punishing. Don't get me wrong, i've got crows mastered and timber/dire in my bays, but the way you can sometimes die regardless of skill, just by meeting the wrong mech on the battlefield, is really annoying to me. Or how some mechs are just obsolete, crows are basically supperior to 90% of all other meds in the game.

Please explain to me how this is P2w? You can get it for FREE! Just not in 5 days.

Well that's how it works, isn't it? Wouldn't be a 'viable' model if you can't get people to stay forever with their strong mechs, most people wouldn't buy other mechs otherwise. PGI has a history of nerfing mechs after making them CBill, the original clan invasion pre-quirk/old clanlaser/full trinity was a disgusting joke. The worst case of P2W, basically serving all other players as weak 'content' for those who buyed the current supermechs.
Recently there were smaller things, like the improved omnipods for timber, dire and crow (which are now free), or the first IS ECM heavy, the cataphract with it's unexplained 96 additional hp (not that they couldn't deserve a buff, but PGI seems to think they are god tier).

Worst of all, PGI has absolutely no clue how to deal with this stuff. They do not dare to nerf mechs too hard to not drive away players. Just look at the timber, so long after release it got a not exactly insubstantial nerf to it's lasertime, and it still remains the strongest mech in the game by a margin (mind imo the margin is the issue, not having a strongest mech). As for fixing the crow, that's something we can dream of, probably won't even fix the technical side.
As cool as the cauldron borne might be, it might well make the game less fun for everything else. Even grasshopper ran around in droves after release, and they weren't exactly devastating.

#24 Sir Immortal Shadow

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKenora, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

.... Timber Wolf.

#25 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

View PostSir Immortal Shadow, on 17 June 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

.... Timber Wolf.

This. It won't stop irking me.

It's either;
Ebon Jaguar Vs. Timber Wolf
OR
Cauldron-Born Vs. Mad Cat

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Holy Necro Batman?

#27 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

How do people find these ancient threads?

#28 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

Google takes you back way back.

#29 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy