Thinking Of Coming Back For A Bit.

17 replies to this topic

#1 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

So after playing MW4:M for countless hours, i got the itch to play. I played a bit during closed and open beta but not much after. Any insight that the fellow players could delve on to me, I usually played a brawler med or a missile mech when I did play. And even then with a new game I wasn't very good.

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

This is not MW4. If you expect MW4 type play, don't.
When did you play last? It matters based on how much has changed since you were here.

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

check out this thread

http://mwomercs.com/...ting-this-game/

and this thread for starters..

http://mwomercs.com/...n-frustrations/

I enjoy the game a ton, but it can have it's down days, and bad groups.. But over all i find myself playing at least once a week, some weeks a bunch of times. here and there i take a few weeks off.. But in 2 years i got about 5k matches.. so i think its pretty darn cool. Play, only way you will know

#4 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 09 June 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

This is not MW4. If you expect MW4 type play, don't.
When did you play last? It matters based on how much has changed since you were here.

Oh I know its nothing like MW4, I last played maybe 2 or so years ago just after the game released, tracked some updates here and there

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

a lot has changed since release,

there are many new Mechs and Maps,

Clans are in, and are not massively overpowered, most Clan Mechs are well balanced against IS Mechs

most Mechs have quirks which improve (or in a few cases reduce) some aspect of the Mechs performance, many are weapon based, some modify mobility, others improve durability

Community Warfare is in, in the form of Invasion game mode, where you can chose 4 Mechs within a 240ton weight limit, then you fight to destroy (or protect) a few objectives. depending on if the attacker of defender win the majority of "zones" on a planet it can change hands on our map of the Inner Sphere, to participate in CW you take a contract with one of 10 factions, the 5 great houses, the FRR and the 4 Clans who participated in the first stage of the invasion, as you rank up with a faction you get rewards, including MC, GXP, titles and Mechbays.

most Mechs are now released first as part of a pack, so the pack is opened up for preorder about 4 months before it is ready, then after those who paid for the preorder get the Mechs you have about 2-3 months before the constituent Mechs become available for cbills.

the UI had completely changed

PGI (the developer) split from IGP (the former publisher), PGI are now doing MWO on there own

there are now events most weekends (and occasionally during the week) usualy the events offer bonus income and oftern things like Mechs, MC, weapons, and Mechbays, however it is usualy a lot of work to get the top tier rewards

and MWO is still in no way pay to win.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 09 June 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#6 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 09 June 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Clans are in, and are not massively overpowered, most Clan Mechs are well balanced against IS Mechs

most Mechs have quirks which improve (or in a few cases reduce) some aspect of the Mechs performance, many are weapon based, some modify mobility, others improve durability

Community Warfare is in, in the form of Invasion game mode, where you can chose 4 Mechs within a 240ton weight limit, then you fight to destroy (or protect) a few objectives. depending on if the attacker of defender win the majority of "zones" on a planet it can change hands on our map of the Inner Sphere, to participate in CW you take a contract with one of 10 factions, the 5 great houses, the FRR and the 4 Clans who participated in the first stage of the invasion, as you rank up with a faction you get rewards, including MC, GXP, titles and Mechbays.

most Mechs are now released first as part of a pack, so the pack is opened up for preorder about 4 months before it is ready, then after those who paid for the preorder get the Mechs you have about 2-3 months before the constituent Mechs become available for cbills.

PGI (the developer) split from IGP (the former publisher), PGI are now doing MWO on there own

there are now events most weekends (and occasionally during the week) usualy the events offer bonus income and oftern things like Mechs, MC, weapons, and Mechbays, however it is usualy a lot of work to get the top tier rewards

What he/she said!

#7 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

Play, its free until you think the game is worth investing some $$$ into it.
Give it a shot and some time to get to know the game and see if u like it or not

#8 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostSN95Mustang, on 09 June 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

So after playing MW4:M for countless hours, i got the itch to play. I played a bit during closed and open beta but not much after. Any insight that the fellow players could delve on to me, I usually played a brawler med or a missile mech when I did play. And even then with a new game I wasn't very good.

If you can get on Teamspeak, I would be able to give you step by step help.

#9 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

That would be awesome, I was a founder I so I got to choose a specialized mech, I went with the catapult. I also have a k2 and a hunchback iirc dont remember which model tho. Im currently deployed so most my game time will be on the weekend, im +7 hrs east coast.

#10 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 09 June 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Exactly.

This game have a steep learning curve, could do with some proper tutorials for both new players and those who havent played in a while. But once you get the hang of it, this game is loads of fun!

#11 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostSN95Mustang, on 10 June 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

That would be awesome, I was a founder I so I got to choose a specialized mech, I went with the catapult. I also have a k2 and a hunchback iirc dont remember which model tho. Im currently deployed so most my game time will be on the weekend, im +7 hrs east coast.

Add me in-game, so you can see when I'm online, and PM me on the forums. My hours are exceptionally irregular.

In the meantime, these will help you:
http://mwomercs.com/...x-localization/
http://mwomercs.com/...-mech-building/
http://mwomercs.com/...e__pid__1492011

Those threads include the hitboxes of every mech in the game, a full guide on how to do mech construction right, and a comprehensive guide on the Hunchback (might be a bit out of date, but the tactics are still perfectly viable) respectively.

#12 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 June 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Add me in-game, so you can see when I'm online, and PM me on the forums. My hours are exceptionally irregular.

Little button on the bottom right of the display, looks like three silhouettes. Took me a month to notice myself, but you can friend folk with it, and accept requests, and use it to drop together with people. I am always willing to tank or tag for a newbie, but I'm often already dropping with others, so be patient. (Not like, 'wait for me while I run a match' patient, but more like 'I might get a match while we're chatting so let's pick it up later' patient.)

Honestly I believe the in-game chat feature could use a bit o work, but yeah, always happy to offer advice. (Also, I enjoy brawling, though I'm still learning to missile effectively.)

Edited by Leone, 11 June 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostLeone, on 10 June 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

Little button on the bottom right of the display, looks like three silhouettes. Took me a month to notice myself, but you can friend folk with it, and accept requests, and use it to drop together with people. I am always willing to tank or tag for a newbie, but I'm often already dropping with other, so be patient. (Not like, 'wait for me while I run a match' patient, but more like 'I might get a match while we're chatting so let's pick it up later' patient.)

Honestly I believe the in-game chat feature could use a bit o work, but yeah, always happy to offer advice. (Also, I enjoy brawling, though I'm still learning to missile effectively.)

Posted Image

Can't believe I forgot how unnoticeable that button is (gotten used to it after so long).

#14 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:50 AM

Ok will do iraqiwarrior. I noticed some people said it has a steep learning curve, I play eve online so I'm used to that I'm just wanting to get in and kick some ass

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

Steep is the word for it. I did not play EVE Online, but I believe some say that was worse than MWO.

I also accidentally rejected your request, instead of accepted it. Sent you a new one.

#16 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

I got it. Making some good progress in the game. Working on getting basic on the hunchback 4sp got the j and p already maxed on basic

#17 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostSN95Mustang, on 13 June 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

I got it. Making some good progress in the game. Working on getting basic on the hunchback 4sp got the j and p already maxed on basic

Friend me in game, I'll play a few matches with you :)

Besides gotta carry hard!!!

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 13 June 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Friend me in game, I'll play a few matches with you :)

Besides gotta carry hard!!!

Just be sure to help him with the group queues. It will be a more intense and advanced experience compared to solo queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users