Share Or Full Equipped Mechs ?

46 replies to this topic

#21 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

I have a lot of Mechs, and a LOT of hardware collected for quite a while now, and I have a lot of my Mechs sitting in Mechbays without engines or without weapons and sometimes without both. I either own or have owned almost every Mech so far, a few Clan Mechs I didn't get, and the only Hero I have is the YLW. I've Mastered all of them, bought more XL engines and STD engines than I can count, sold lots of both, STILL have too many of certain engine sizes.

I try to keep my CW dropdeck Mechs loaded out and ready to roll at all times, including modules and cockpit accessories, otherwise, I don't tend to worry about it, I check my Mechs and their loadout every time I select them before a drop. I may want to change up a weapon or put in a different speaker, or just change the camo/colors, change my modules, always SOME reason to get the Mech in the lab before I drop though.

I've still dropped without ammo for a weapon or without a weapon for ammo :)

I love pistachios myself, and they aren't really cheap here in the US.

#22 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

I have fully equipped and upgraded all my ~80 mechs. They're also all mastered. My OCD drives me up the walls if I see a red 'Invalid' sign in my mechbay.

I have picked 3 chassis per weight class and purchased all C-bill variants available for those. So tomorrow, I'll be buying the new Locust and Highlander to complete my collection (I've already got the new Griffin and Cataphract)

It's really very relaxing to have reached this goal. I'm not grinding at all now, I just play whatever mech I feel like, whenever I feel like it, because I have no goals except to have fun.

#23 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

Do what I do Alister, try to get the Elo for all chassis types the same! I can pick any of my Mechs and expect to see the same names at some point during my gaming that I'll see in any of my Mechs, it's fun and it's a challenge that's never ending.

#24 Jabilac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ohio, USA

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

I share a few XL engines between mechs and I share a few of the 6 mil modules. When I started out it was share what needed to be shared until I could buy the standard items to keep everything equiped.

#25 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

I have weapons engines equipment in all 200 plus of my mechs

plan is to have the modules fitted for each one as well so I don't have to go hunt for them when I swap mechs, something to aim for and complete my ever growing pokemon collection

#26 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Modules and most clan equipment is shared, everything else stays on the mechs.

#27 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Started with sharing stuff between mechs early but once I was happy with the number of mechs I have I bought more engines and stuff.

If you are into CW you just need 4 ready mechs anyway. The rest can play the swapping game.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostTitannium, on 15 June 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

How is it by you ? (im asking because i see very often, someone in chat said, uh , i forget ammo, for this... uh i forget this weapon.....)

Do you strip engine/weapons/modules from each mech, and configure only the mech you are playing ?

I personaly prefer to have all mechs fully equiped with everything on max tonnage. All of them.

Most of my mechs are fully equipped, save some modules, and there might be a few I engine swap. But I have a handful of unequipped chassis waiting meta changes, quirks, etc, to give me a reason to try them again.

#29 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

All my mechs are fully equipped, with the exception of modules. Where possible I permanently assign modules, C-Bills permitting. The whole idea is that all my over 100 mechs are battle ready at all times.

#30 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

152 'Mechs, only 6 are Clan. Apart from the duplicate Loyalty Cent/Atlas/King Crab which I stripped to avoid picking the wrong ones, aside from modules all are fully equipped and ready to go. Too set in my TT ways, engine swapping always rubbed me wrong.

#31 RedlineHunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGPS said I'm here, but I think I'm over there...

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Most of my mechs are fully fitted and ready to go with the exception of a few that are sharing some expensive XL engines. I only have a few modules that I share between my mechs since they cost so much.

#32 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

These days I only strip two things out of 'Mechs. Modules, and cockpit items. Everything else stays where it begins or else I lose it one of over 100 'Mechs. I think I have a problem.

#33 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

205 or so mechs, most mastered. I keep the ones I play equipped and strip the rest. No need to have a TDR-5S loaded, but quirks or meta shifts might make the TDR-5SS great, so I don't sell them either.

Brazil nuts or GTFO. ;)

Edited by Terciel1976, 15 June 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#34 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

View Postprocess, on 15 June 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

In the beginning when I had limited funds and equipment, I would strip and reconfigure as often as possible to conserve my precious cbills.

Now over a hundred mechs later, I've amassed enough equipment that I've been able to fully equip most of my roster. The exceptions are still XL engines and modules, cuz that shizz is still expensive.

^^THIS... I have 103 or more mechs.. (I dont know now because newest UI Patch took away my number of mechbays)
I would guess about half are incomplete still (missing engines or weapons,ect)..

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 June 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

"Save Configuration" feature is Lostech.

One thing the Steam horde will notice right away.

I agree
This will be Their number 1 Gripe... especially from a PC centric crowd....

#35 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

rarely do i gut a mech. only on that rare occasion when i need a high dollar weapon or engine and cant afford to drop the cbills new one at the moment, it which case i strip the mech, and pull the engine so it gets flagged as unequipped (for clan mechs i usually just pull the omnis). game wont let me drop with it after that.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 June 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#36 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 15 June 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

These days I only strip two things out of 'Mechs. Modules, and cockpit items. Everything else stays where it begins or else I lose it one of over 100 'Mechs. I think I have a problem.

yeye, and for that reason i suggested to have shared modules and cocúpit items, in other thread. But hey, that would shortened PGI income. They never do this, instead, we will MANUALLY switch it over, like monkeys.

GJ PGI... way to go (to screw people)

#37 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostTitannium, on 16 June 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

yeye, and for that reason i suggested to have shared modules and cocúpit items, in other thread. But hey, that would shortened PGI income. They never do this, instead, we will MANUALLY switch it over, like monkeys.

GJ PGI... way to go (to screw people)

Like just about every other online or even offline game out there where you have gear you can share between your characters you mean? And that's ONLY if the game will allow that, which quite a few F2P games with store item gear DON'T let you share between characters because it means you have to spend MORE money to get gear for each character.

Seriously, do some of you even play other online games besides Farmville or Angry Birds?

#38 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

I have made mistakes in the past, most notably back in the early days of closed beta when I forgot to put an engine in my Atlas-D which back then made the game crash on launch :wacko:

If I'm experimenting with new builds then mistakes do happen. If I'm dropping with my team for a CW match then I feel that making sure that my mechs are fully outfitted before the match is just a matter of professionalism.

#39 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:25 AM

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 130 mechs (more after the patch hits). All of my mechs have been fully customized and kitted out, the only thing any of them lack is dedicated modules. I own dozens of XL engines, enough medium lasers to outfit a regiment, etc.

#40 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 June 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

Oh man, almonds are like my favorite nuts.
That came out wrong.
That came out wrong too.

I think you guys had just best relax on the almond bit... ;)

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users