So, Am I Bad Man Because I Kinda Don't Wan't The Urbanmech To Release For Cbills...... Ever?

145 replies to this topic

#41 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:28 AM

Worries about bad precedents aside, I'd love to see the a Urban remain package only.

#42 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

View Postcdlord, on 16 June 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Bad analogy is bad.....

It was as bad as PGI's treatment of the A1 Catapult.

#43 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

well, id like to, but they released ALL mechs for cbills after a time.....

uh, wait, someone said, founder mech for cbills, in which year was that ?

#44 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostTitannium, on 16 June 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

The variants have always been available. Just like Phoenix and Clan packages the only difference between the "special" variants and their freely available counterparts is the bonuses and a slight geometry change.

#45 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 June 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to cry and complain when it does.

I just kind of feel the Urbie is something of a special case.

It exists solely because some of us pestered Russ mercilessly until he finally capitulated, and even then, we had to put up or shut up, and meet a certain sales goal before it would even be made available.

And UrbieNation did just that.

We put our hard earned money, sight unseen, on the potential for our favorite sub-optimal, minimally viable product, because we loved the underdog. And even with it's "massive" (compared to canon) potential speed, it's still tied with the absolute slowest Light Mechs in the game at the best case, without the advantages of Clan XL, Endo and FF, or lighter, smaller clan weapons.

And we did. And Russ and company rewarded us with a fun Urbie Launch Countdown, and a better than anticipated, but still mid tier at best little trashcan.

So why shouldn't we feel a little protective, have a little sense of proprietary ownership about the one Mech in game that WE made happen?

If someone really wants to try the "P2W" argument? Now would be an excellent time to say nothing before you look really dumb. Yes, it spins like a top. A somewhat slow top. And in no way is remotely P2W because one has tons of options in the Lightweight class that are just hands down BETTER.

It may be "P2BeExclusive", but there is a distinct lack of "win" for it to be "Pay2Win".

So there. I said what I know a lot of Urbie owners have thought, but didn't want to look like the bad guy by saying. We made it happened, we paid for it, why should all the doubters receive it obamacare style?

*shrug* As I said, I won't really care when it inevitably does become available for the space poor (take a deep breath and grow a sense of humor), but if ever there was a chassis that was uniquely positioned to forever live like Heroes and Champs, as pay only, I would say the Urbie has earned that place.

Flame away, welfare nation! ;)

Yep, it'd make you a Richard Cameron. If they did that I'd forever have a blue icon beside Urby telling me there's a mech I've yet to master. Lol

#46 Roger That

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThe Brig on Ironhold

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

Don't own the Urbie. Will never own the Urbie. But I support your cause. It does seem a special case.

#47 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

I own an urbie and I actually like the mech. I run an R60L with 4 medium pulse lasers and two machine guns. I really think the urbie should become available for C-Bills at some point. I really do. If they want to make a hero variant and make that cash only and give a free one to everyone who ponied up money and bought pack that's fine, but the normal variants should be available for C-Bills.

#48 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostTitannium, on 16 June 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

No one ever said they relese ALL mechs for cbills, and Founder's are really not much different, its like a hero. They are not out for cbills, gonna whine about that too?

Why not be constructive or at least comment with something other then this trolly bologna.

You will never get them because that was part of being a founder if you are not a founder then no founder mechs for your. Same thing with the (I) Invasion mechs....even though its just camo and some roll bars for the most part.

But do you really think you should get for FREE what FOUNDERS paid for? (FOUNDER! not even just joe blow.....FOUNDERS!?)

Edited by DarthRevis, 16 June 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 16 June 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yep, it'd make you a Richard Cameron. If they did that I'd forever have a blue icon beside Urby telling me there's a mech I've yet to master. Lol

mwahahahaahaha!

#50 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

I would support this proposition if there ever was any hint at any point that the package being sold was in any way intended to be exclusive.

Making it MC/$ only at this point would likely slightly reduce PGI's projected Urbie income, as the people who don't buy mech packs would have less use for their C-Bills, and would thus have less demand for buying premium time.

I would heartily approve if there was a poll whether current Urbie owners would be interested to pay let's say 50% extra to keep their urbies exclusive.

#51 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

we're on page 3 and i still have yet to read a legitimate reason for content to be exclusive.

this is a dangerous mentality in my opinion. next thing you'll want exclusive paywalled content.

**** this thread and everything it stands for. no offense personally

#52 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostSoy, on 16 June 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

we're on page 3 and i still have yet to read a legitimate reason for content to be exclusive.

this is a dangerous mentality in my opinion. next thing you'll want exclusive paywalled content.

People wanting to feel more unique I gather, what else could it be really. And yes **** that way of thinking.

#53 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 16 June 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

It was as bad as PGI's treatment of the A1 Catapult.

Nothing can be THAT bad... ;)

#54 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostTorgun, on 16 June 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

People wanting to feel more unique I gather, what else could it be really. And yes **** that way of thinking.

You guys have no idea about the sacrifices some people made to make the Urbanmech a reality. Some of them actually took time out of their lives to tweet Russ in between games of Angry Birds while sitting on their toilet.

To let other people even own standard variants would be a slap in the face to the brave heroes who were willing to pay roughly the equivalent of 3 Big Mac Meals at McDonalds, knowing full well that the Urbanmech may be cancelled if there wasn't enough interest and they would potentially have to suffer the pain and humiliation of a full refund.

You don't know what these people have been through. Show some damned respect.

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostTorgun, on 16 June 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

still taking things way to seriously. Unclinch them panties, son!

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 June 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

You guys have no idea about the sacrifices some people made to make the Urbanmech a reality. Some of them actually took time out of their lives to tweet Russ in between games of Angry Birds while sitting on their toilet.

To let other people even own standard variants would be a slap in the face to the brave heroes who were willing to pay roughly the equivalent of 3 Big Mac Meals at McDonalds, knowing full well that the Urbanmech may be cancelled if there wasn't enough interest and they would potentially have to suffer the pain and humiliation of a full refund.

someone who appears to get the spirit of the thread! Thank you!

View Postcdlord, on 16 June 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

Nothing can be THAT bad... ;)

a few peoples reading comprehension on this thread appears to be..... ;)

Their uptightness is starting to make me think I should make this a "for real" push. SMH.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 16 June 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#56 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

i call for a spacepoor revolution
this mech was designed for the spacepoor and by god we will have it

viva la urbilution
urby for cbills
#spacepoor #onlyaffordanurby

#57 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 June 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

It exists solely because some of us pestered Russ mercilessly until he finally capitulated,

The rest of us had to live through your endless pestering.

As a result, no, we shouldn't be able to buy an UrbanMech for CBills.

We should be given one of the damned things free.

#58 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostAppogee, on 16 June 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

The rest of us had to live through your endless pestering.

As a result, no, we shouldn't be able to buy an UrbanMech for CBills.

We should be given one of the damned things free.

hah! Just like the spacepòor! ask Obama for one you entitled beggars! :angry: :P

#59 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostBurktross, on 16 June 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

i call for a spacepoor revolution
this mech was designed for the spacepoor and by god we will have it

viva la urbilution
urby for cbills
#spacepoor #onlyaffordanurby

in b4 CL4P-URBY

#60 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 June 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

I did show some respect, I bought the Urbs! xD

All I'm sayin is that making it exclusive for no other reason than to be a hipster is ******* shallow, and it sets a potentially dangerous precedent...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users