Wave III Faction Content And Selection Date

29 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

The Ebon Jaguar and Executioner Clan 'Mechs will be dropping onto the battlefield in today's patch!
Right off the production lines, these two 'Mechs will be ready to apply any of the standard Patterns. We're shooting for that kind of release-date functionality from here on out for all future packages.

As outlined in the Wave 3 Faction Content FAQ, all Wave 3 Faction Content is still set for release on July 21st when the last two Wave 3 'Mechs arrive.

Faction Content selections will also go live on July 21st.
Therefore, if you want to apply Faction Patterns to your new Wave 3 'Mechs, you'll likely want to wait until July 21st.

Once you make your selections on July 21st you'll receive those Patterns (and other Faction content) for free. Up until that date, applying Faction Patterns to your Wave 3 'Mechs will require MC.

'Too Long; Didn't Read' Summary
  • All non-Faction Patterns are immediately available for application on the EBON JAGUAR and EXECUTIONER
  • Faction Content will be available for selection and release starting July 21st
  • Equipping Faction Content onto your Wave 3 'Mechs before July 21st will cost MC

#2 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

That's what ai figured, but thank you for clarifying.

What about the early-early adopter reward Polygon pattern? Will that come with the mechs, or wait until July as well?

Thanks!

#3 FluffehBunneh

• PipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

Sadly, they didn't unlock the Polygon Pattern for Early-Early adopters even if it doesn't require any kind of "content pack choosing"...

If you want a custom camo for now, you're gonna have to pay MC for it.

#4 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

So the faction camo is available in game, and works on the EJ and Ex. Not only that - it was shown off as a preview during the countdown.

But you are going to make us play them for a month without the option of putting our faction camo on?

For the record I am typically a 'white knight' around here...

I am VERY disappointed.

Part of the "happy" of getting this pre-order pack was that I wouldn't have to stare at barely painted clan mechs for once. (My First Clan Wave) Now I won't get as much mileage out of those faction packs since I'll have a month of playtime (probably the most number of drops for those mechs) without any camo. Not even the polygon that was promised to ultra-early adopters?

Throw us a bone here...

#5 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

Not quite what I was hoping for, but I'll survive a few weeks without my delicious clan camo pattern unlocks.

Now if only I could put some decent camo on my Zeus :P

#6 ASHTAR0N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

So if they are ready in the game why not just give them to the people who pre ordered them???

This is completly senseless...

Edited by ASHTAR0N, 16 June 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#7 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

it makes no sense at all to keep us waiting until then. The functionality is clearly there already, just release it.

#8 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

Well that's not the best news but is what it is. How about poor gargoyle what is the hold up on getting unlocked camos for him? Not in a hurry just seems odd that brand new mechs have it and been waiting multiple months for gargoyle

#9 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Yeah I figured Russ's June/July road map claim that his understanding the faction camo would be unlocked for Executioner and Ebon Jag, was just bull **** to get sales.

Sadly and not to surprisingly I was right.

#10 Abel Enders

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

This will be the first time I've selected a faction content package. How is the actual selection made? Will we be prompted when we log in? Do I have to go to the website somewhere?

#11 Mordecai McTiernan

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostAbel Enders, on 16 June 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

This will be the first time I've selected a faction content package. How is the actual selection made? Will we be prompted when we log in? Do I have to go to the website somewhere?

HTH

Edited by Mordecai McTiernan, 16 June 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#12 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostASHTAR0N, on 16 June 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

So if they are ready in the game why not just give them to the people who pre ordered them???

This is completly senseless...

Actually, I believe it makes a good deal of sense...

Say the A/C and the S-Cat come out, and gosh, that Jade Falcon pattern looks amazing on them. But you skipped on it when you picked based on the Ebon Jag, and Koala because they looked like rubbish on those two chassis. What now? Well, you're screwed. And you'll be mad at PGI for not letting you have backsies.

I was expecting this, so perhaps that's why I'm taking it better than most. But, they never said the date was changed. And I had posted a couple times pointing out that the mechs would be CAPABLE of sporting the camo, but that we wouldn't likely see it until July 21st.

Now, on the other side of the coin, thanks to the way they did this... if you like your Franken patterns, you CAN get those right away.

It may suck a little bit, but I think the safety it affords everyone works out to make it a net positive.

EDIT: What DOES surprise me... is I don't have my titles/badges? Are they the 21st as well? I was really looking forward to changing myself to Caladbolg!

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 16 June 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#13 ASHTAR0N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 16 June 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Actually, I believe it makes a good deal of sense...

Say the A/C and the S-Cat come out, and gosh, that Jade Falcon pattern looks amazing on them. But you skipped on it when you picked based on the Ebon Jag, and Koala because they looked like rubbish on those two chassis. What now? Well, you're screwed. And you'll be mad at PGI for not letting you have backsies.

I was expecting this, so perhaps that's why I'm taking it better than most. But, they never said the date was changed. And I had posted a couple times pointing out that the mechs would be CAPABLE of sporting the camo, but that we wouldn't likely see it until July 21st.

Now, on the other side of the coin, thanks to the way they did this... if you like your Franken patterns, you CAN get those right away.

It may suck a little bit, but I think the safety it affords everyone works out to make it a net positive.

No one is forced to make the faction pack selection now, they can wait till the others are released if they are unsure about which packs to choose.

#14 Dezmo

Rookie

• The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Anyone else notice the Invasion (I) variants have camo patterns selectable?

#15 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

Whoohoo! But what surprises me most is that ALL the omni pods appear locked (not just the 4th variant ones). This severely limits the customizing capabilities and wasn't the case in other waves. How long do we have to wait to be able to swap omni pods around to be able to make the same builds we can on smurfy???

EDIT: (I can see the other omni pods and their cost but even if I remove the one for the variant I am editing I can seem to be able to add any omni pods, not even the original to my mech)

Edited by YUyahoo, 16 June 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#16 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 16 June 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Whoohoo! But what surprises me most is that ALL the omni pods appear locked (not just the 4th variant ones). This severely limits the customizing capabilities and wasn't the case in other waves. How long do we have to wait to be able to swap omni pods around to be able to make the same builds we can on smurfy???

No they're not o.o I've bought a few omnipods already o.o

#17 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 16 June 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

No they're not o.o I've bought a few omnipods already o.o

I cant add them or buy them and when I remove the original pod it disappears and doesnt even show as one owned, logged out and back in and I still cant buy or change any omni pods around. Is there some trick to it that I am missing?

#18 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 16 June 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

I cant add them or buy them and when I remove the original pod it disappears and doesnt even show as one owned, logged out and back in and I still cant buy or change any omni pods around. Is there some trick to it that I am missing?

Not that I know of? I bought the ballistic right torso for my energy-boat Ebjag... B I think? Just dragged the old pod off, clicked on the Omnipod tab, selected right torso, and pulled the one I wanted over.

#19 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 16 June 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Not that I know of? I bought the ballistic right torso for my energy-boat Ebjag... B I think? Just dragged the old pod off, clicked on the Omnipod tab, selected right torso, and pulled the one I wanted over.

Thats the same thing I tried, drag off the existing, grab a new one and drag it over but it wont stick it just disappears when I let go and then I cant even put the original back on, I have to exit the lab without saving to get the original pod back (very annoying)

#20 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 16 June 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Thats the same thing I tried, drag off the existing, grab a new one and drag it over but it wont stick it just disappears when I let go and then I cant even put the original back on, I have to exit the lab without saving to get the original pod back (very annoying)

You have to drag it to the slot the omnipod goes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users