23 replies to this topic

#21 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostBilbo, on 16 June 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Good luck with that.

To suggest LeBron needs luck would be disrespectful to our lord and savior. It's like saying Jesus needs luck to turn water into wine.

No but srsly, if his team wasn't on a 7 man rotation, series was already over. Or if JR Smith wasn't a mafia plant saboteur there to undermine LeBron and cover odds/spreads. Also if LeBron and Curry switched place that series was over last Thursday.

View Poststjobe, on 16 June 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

It's really more handball than football, isn't it?

handegg sux i hijacked this to leapfrog to basketball smack talk cuz so hyped

HYEP HYE HYEPHEYPEHY

Edited by Soy, 16 June 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#22 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostSoy, on 16 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

To suggest LeBron needs luck would be disrespectful to our lord and savior. It's like saying Jesus needs luck to turn water into wine.

No but srsly, if his team wasn't on a 7 man rotation, series was already over. Or if JR Smith wasn't a mafia plant saboteur there to undermine LeBron and cover odds/spreads. Also if LeBron and Curry switched place that series was over last Thursday.

He doesn't need luck, just a teammate or two. Unfortunately Cleveland is severely lacking in that department. I'm actually amazed they have done as well as they have in the finals even with King James on board. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it out one more time at home, but I don't have any confidence they have enough in the tank to take two in a row at this point.

#23 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostSoy, on 16 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

handegg sux i hijacked this to leapfrog to basketball smack talk cuz so hyped

HYEP HYE HYEPHEYPEHY

Hype? Oh, you want to talk Fallout 4?

Man, that game looks to be something I need take a loooong vacation to play. Or even better, just resign and play all day and all night. Who needs a job when you can play Fallout again?

So hyped!

#24 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostBilbo, on 16 June 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

He doesn't need luck, just a teammate or two. Unfortunately Cleveland is severely lacking in that department. I'm actually amazed they have done as well as they have in the finals even with King James on board. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it out one more time at home, but I don't have any confidence they have enough in the tank to take two in a row at this point.

Well it's about energy and guys like Delly are gassed, it's really simple. You can tell just by looking at the game flow chart. By halfway thru the third quarter, a 7 man rotation is tired and it's only LeBron left with any juice by that point. That's why Cle tryin to slow the game down to a glacial pace with only James runnin Iso, so the rest of the team can have energy to play solid D but you can't chase a guy like Curry around for 40 minutes and not get tired. At least not for 7 games as a backup scrub thrust into spotlight with little recovery time. So the dam opens up inevitably. LeBron has done a good job single handedly carrying a beyond-injured team to this point.

You realize, beginning of season, starting five:
Varejao - season ending injury
Love - season ending injury
LeBron - god
Waiters - traded for Shumpert, washout
Irving - season ending injury

And their 2nd best player this Finals is either Tristan Thompson channeling his inner Dennis Rodman (including the horrible offensive production, minus orebs) or undrafted random guy-who-could-be-playing-in-your-local-YMCA-last-week Delly... who needed IV fluids at hospital after game 3 was it..? Yeah...

Wars are a complete team, healthy, with depth, and a determined enthusiasitic coach.

Cavs are a hobbled team who look like the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail, carried on the shoulders of the most complete basketball player of all time who's only fault in comparison to Jordan is the lack of true killer instinct.

Curry being the MVP this season is a literal joke.

Edited by Soy, 16 June 2015 - 12:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users