Isn't It About Time To Fix The Gauss Rifles?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

With the introduction of new mechs and weapons into the game, I believe that it's time for PGI to return the Gauss Rifle to the way it used to be. I believe that the reason they changed it no longer applies. Anyone who uses one is at a severe disadvantage, since they have to expose themselves for several seconds just to get a single shot off. Please change it back.

Edited by Grugore, 17 June 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostGrugore, on 17 June 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

With the introduction of new mechs and weapons into the game, I believe that it's time for PGI to return the Gauss Rifle to the way it used to be. I believe that the reason they changed it no longer applies. Anyone who uses one is at a severe disadvantage, since they have to expose themselves for several seconds just to get a single shot off. Please change it back.

There are several reasons they changed it. One was PPC/Gauss sync, and that's different now... But the rest? Gauss Rifles are still pretty much the most used ballistic (at least at higher end play), and they were the premier broad spectrum ballistic: excellent sniping weapons AND excellent brawling weapons. With the charge, they're not good brawling weapons, which gives the AC20 and even the AC10 some room to shine.

You're not at a disadvantage using a current Gauss Rifle anyways - start charging as you move out of cover. Don't move out, aim, then charge. You absolutely don't need to expose yourself for several seconds to get a shot off.

#3 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

I'm in full support of removing the charge up.

If they give it actual nerfs. First thing i'd like to see is having its damage nerfed to 10 per shot. Then you can have your no-skill no travel time no chargeup gun. ;D

#4 Helaton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationStar Captain, Star Wolves

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:37 PM

Nerfing damage is against the btech damage. for that amount of tonnage, it has range (which AC 20/10 doesn't) and damage. Also low ammo per ton. There are trade offs for the gauss. Although I've always thought that a lot of weapons in the game fire too fast (too high of cooldown). Like Gauss/AC's etc. compared to other MW games

#5 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

Gauss is fine. Solved.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users