First Clan Champion 'Mech Build Competition

317 replies to this topic

#281 Evex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4bf2662c281fd85

A Timber wolf C variant with a Gauss Rifle mounted in the left arm w/ 3 tons of ammo, 2x er larges for long to medium range combat, both arms having lower arm actuators to help with aiming. The mech has two srm four launchers both feeding of one ton of ammo. This makes room for ams with one ton of ammo for missile protection in case ecm isn't around. The range of weapons allow for a decent heat curve, which won't punish new players.

#282 Aroru

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:57 AM

Timber Wolf Prime with one part from Timber Wolf S.
2x UAC10 and 4x ERSL

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5157e14cab64c1e

#283 TheWopolusa

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...777407a434bfa47

1x C-Gauss Rifle (35 ammo, 3.5T)
2x C-ER PPC

17 DHS

#284 BanditFly

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

The TBR-Attitude Adjuster is a solid mech at all ranges. The longer ranged weapons are usable at close range as well, allowing the firepower to be increasingly dangerous at close to medium range. Defensive capabilities are just as important as having enough firepower and the armour on this mech will allow it to stay in the fight longer. Allowing for flexibility and power, this mech boasts the following loadout:

2x C-LPL (R & L arms)
1x C-Ultra AC/5 (LT) w/1 ton ammo
2x C-SRM/6 (R & L Torsos) w/4 tons ammo
17 C-DHS

Edit: Formatting

Edited by BanditFly, 21 June 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#285 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Since, Champion Mechs are should be usefull for brand new players, and they are used sometimes for Trial Mechs too (in both case they should be able to fight even under "zero-basic" conditions)... It is very important, that they run near cool and could be used for more than just one playstyle in the same time. So, my "Champion Mech Build" would be:

TBR-S (CT), 2x C-LRM-15, 1x C-LPL, 4x C-ER-SML, 1080x C-LRM Ammo, TC-MK1, CAP, +4x C-DHS

The C-LRM-15's with 1080 Ammo are for LRM-Boating, the C-LPL for peeking/sniping, the 4x C-ER-SML for close combat. The CT-JJ for easy move, TC for faster targeting, CAP against ECM.. (And for new playes, to see how many different "things" can be build in a Mech :D )...

PS: I'm sure, when new players see the pictures from the Timber Wolfs, they think first something like: "Oh.. Nice big rocket launchers and many lasers in the arms..".. They should become just exactly that..

PS2: And for God sake... they shouldn't overheat for just one Alpha!

Edited by Sky Hawk, 21 June 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#286 Nomad Radick

• Pip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOn the warpath to Terra.

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7a9b0cead4a78dd

This one works really well and still has the classic TBR look. It runs a little hot, but anyone with more than 10 games can handle.

#287 Steve Ward

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOxford

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

TBR-B

not a Meta-config, it is Close to Lore of BT.

#288 Apollo 42

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

It was towards the end of The battle of Tukayyid, supplies were hard to find and at a remote supply base a Lone warrior returned, with a heavily damaged Timberwolf, knowing that the IS forces would soon come back and wipe out the base, he took a look around at what was available, a salvaged Jagermech, with both ultra 5s and 4 tons of ammo, and 4 elementals that were not of use but the srms still worked. and a couple of clan lasers.  Clan Warrior Lang, of the noble clan Wolf then ordered the other castes at the base to combine what they had to make one functional mech in a bid to restore the supply lines, this is what he had them do....
L Arm
  IS Ultra 5 (2 tons ammo)
R Arm
  IS Ultra 5 (2 tons ammo)
L Torso
  1 ER Med Laser
  2 SRM 2s ( 1 ton ammo)
R Torso
  1 ER Med Laser
  2 SRM 2s (.5 Tons ammo)
R Arm
  1 IS Ultra 5 (2 tons ammo)

(This is on a no jump-jet Timderwolf I would have done it on Smurfy, but the mech does not have dual ballistics for each arm, I figured it could be stuck to the IS ultra 5s to go with the story, with a negative heat quirk due to the jury rig nature of this build and would fit better with a Hero Mech that makes sense to me as the Clans had a shortage of supplies and had to make due with what they had.   The warrior made it and restored supply lines and brought his clan honor and glory, in a heated battle against an entire lance of enemy mechs.

Edited by Apollo 42, 21 June 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#289 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 20 June 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

Was one of the most famous mercs and the most sought-for, he was rather mysterious and his true identity was never found, people do not even know if it's a he, her, or multiple people.
Read up on the Bounty Hunter, very interesting read!
Oh I didn't mean unknown by no-name, I meant literally the person's name is unknown.

#290 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

View Postreddevil, on 21 June 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Oh I didn't mean unknown by no-name, I meant literally the person's name is unknown.

I see what you did there...

I would be proud if it didn't make me type more then I needed to. =P

#291 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

Here you go.

TBR-PRIME
  • 18 DHS
  • 3xERML, 2xLRM-10, UAC/10
  • Plenty of ammo
  • Weapons on both sides to prevent any 'well now what' moments.
  • Can easily be run 2-group (Lasers+AC and LRMs) or 3-group (Lasers, AC, LRM).
  • When not firing the LRMs, 25-second overheat time helps new players manage to not shut down constantly.
  • Only four energy hardpoints, so not hit too bad by recent heat/duration antiquirk hammer.
  • Functional at all ranges.
  • Comparable range profile on AC and Lasers for ease of 'can I hit it'.

#292 Manikin Fartwalker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...76120783bb8ef17

1x Gauss
5x med laser

#293 Kenneth Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

EBON JAGUAR EBJ-A

This was my Konfig in the Classic Battletech

Edited by Kenneth Osis, 21 June 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#294 MonkeyButler

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ffced59eae9ede6

1 uac20
4 mpl

Nearly constant fire from the MPL grouped two each arm and torso and punch with the UAC20 as necessary. No problems with overheating as long as you dont alpha all the time and easy 750-900 dmg.

Edited by MonkeyButler, 22 June 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#295 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:06 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c67281aa98812f0

A versatile support-Timby with the ability to somewhat brawl when the 36 shots of LRM's are depleted. The arm-mounted dual Large Pulselasers are fast enough to keep harrasing lights away while also being able to support the dual LRM15's at range. A TAG provides the ability to target ECM mechs, but could easily be replaced with a Medium ER-laser or Small Pulselaser as a last-resort weapon. Finally a AMS helps the mech and the nearby teammates to withstand enemy missile barrages. All weaponssystems are supported my a MK-1 Targeting Computer for faster target acquisition and lock-ons.

Edited by Radbane, 22 June 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#296 Manikin Fartwalker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 21 June 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Here you go.

TBR-PRIME
  • 18 DHS
  • 3xERML, 2xLRM-10, UAC/10
  • Plenty of ammo
  • Weapons on both sides to prevent any 'well now what' moments.
  • Can easily be run 2-group (Lasers+AC and LRMs) or 3-group (Lasers, AC, LRM).
  • When not firing the LRMs, 25-second overheat time helps new players manage to not shut down constantly.
  • Only four energy hardpoints, so not hit too bad by recent heat/duration antiquirk hammer.
  • Functional at all ranges.
  • Comparable range profile on AC and Lasers for ease of 'can I hit it'.

Thats a nasty build

#297 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostKael 17, on 17 June 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

It takes one year for PGI to decide the Clans need a Champion mech for people to spend money on.

The first mech they choose is the one they just got finished hammering with a scaling energy penalty despite that its cannon configurations are overwhelmingly energy-intensive loads.

Here is another energy-intensive design. I call it: "Nerf Bat"
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...75e95810b238679

1 Lg Pulse
4 Med Pulse
Target Comp Mk I
16 tot heat sinks
2 Jump Jets

I don't give you a like for your build, but for your overwhelmingly true statement about PGI's practices. It sums up my thought exactly. Good to see I'm not the only one still pissed about the nerfing.

#298 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f6b120b9fe5b2c8

Timber Prime Build - Pulse Laser Vomit

Very cool, lots of damage, good range, Good Armor, CLAP and Targeting Computer 3. Perfect CW 'Mech - I don't worry when I see Sulphurous Rift with this one.

#299 tammo

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

I dont think this competition works as intended.

Your TBR has Long-Toms guns,
an aerotech hangar and transforms into a dropship?

You would still have zero chance of winning
if you have posted that build two hours or later after the anouncement.

Because no one will read 16 pages of Mech builds before voting.

Thats why all the winners are on page 1.

#300 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:09 PM

many have suggested UAC/5 dakka, and i agree the these weapons are easy to learn, with good damage up front, while still having solid DPS, however most of the suggestions do not quite have enough alpha damage in my opinion,

so i present one of my first dakka wolves: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...047af51af56ed5c

with
  • C-ULTRA AC/5 x2 @3 tons ~90 salvos
  • C-SRM 6 x2 @2tons ~16 salvos
  • C-ER MED LASER x4
this includes 2xJJ to overcome small obstacles and fall damage.
nearly max armor @ 440 points (of 462)

teaches heat management well, not fully ammo dependent, and formidable in a brawl @18.77 dmg/s for 12 seconds elited, SRMS make for a strong finishing blow.

has all range capability, while not sacrificing itself to a "generalist" playstyle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users