Last Alive Event

Exotic Out of this world Friendly

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

The average pugger will often shout insults at the last remaining player of their team.
-No longer will that last mech be scolded as spectators will be rewarded with a c-bill increase.

That last mech may wish to commit suicide after realizing the hopelessness of it's situation. With proper motivation: -Unique rewards for doing well alone against the odds.

[br]

So one of the things that often concerns me is when we have a match going on and only one mech is left alive. Often that mech is bashed even if it does well because players want their mechs back. Wouldn't it be awesome if players were rewarded for sitting there and watching the match progress? I'm sorry but that would be pretty sweet.

There could be rewards to the spectators if the last mech does well, and even a special reward for that last player to discourage in-game suicide. I just really want to remove the idea that being the last mech alive is a bad thing. There have been plenty of matches that I have been in where me or someone else takes on an ENTIRE TEAM.

Edited by F8Sealed, 18 June 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:11 AM

We don't really need an event based on this, but they could add a special c-bill bonus for "last man standing". Make it as high as for wining the match. Only the LAST man standing would get this.

And only if he does not suicide.

If he takes one or more enemy mechs with him - extra c-bills and xp.

#3 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

Yeah a permanent bonus wouldn't hurt.

#4 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

Actually, all scores should be doubled once you are in "last man standing" or "only hope" mode

#5 SCUD303

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

You will have players running to the furthest corner of the map and shutting down. Only to restart when all on his team are dead!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users