Dropships

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Keep developing the Dropships? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Weapon loadouts

1. Yes (58 votes [87.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.88%

2. No (8 votes [12.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

More interaction?

1. Yes (60 votes [92.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

2. No (5 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

The weapon loadout for the Leopards in Scouting is a mix of lasers compared to the Large Laser only builds in Invasion. One of the recent changes that was discussed for Scouting was a duration timer to 'upload' the intel once the dropship had arrived. Given this means the scout/s have to sit in that little square as the enemy bears down on them, having a standard (from the book) loadout for the Leopard might be considered.

The change in the loadout was also to coincide with allowing us as players to attack the dropships so it's a bit of a trade.

If anyone hasn't already seen the MW5 pre-alpha trailer... spoiler alert..... how awesome did those Union's look!

That's the sort of thing I'd like to see happening in Faction Play or Assault. Big brute of a dropship lands and acts as the base for the attacking force.

#22 50 50

• 2,145 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

I keep watching the MW5 demo and seeing those Union dropship preparing to land, the AA fire directed at them, some missiles and lasers arcing down.
Very cool.

#23 50 50

• 2,145 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

Bouncing this topic as it has some relevance with the recent Faction Play discussions.

#24 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

Now these would be sweet.

#25 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

It might not be accurate, but I think drop ships Should be OP. It's the only thing that prevents spawn camping. You should at least be able to drop in without damage and fight inside drop gates without being instantly destroyed. The problem is the staggered drops, you can't fight back several mechs as you drop in, the drop ship is the only thing helping you.

Spawn camping is a viable tactic, but it takes away the sport of the gameplay. You know, aka. Fun. Like the only reason to play a game. Hell if I don't want to have fun I could go chop wood. Costs $0 to do that.

#26 50 50

• 2,145 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Certainly, but the better option for spawn camping is being able to change drop/deploy location.
The current setup of the maps and modes does not allow this too well at the moment.
I think Faction Play maps really need to be expanded so there is some significant distance from one side of the map to the other which will allow players to regroup safely and then push towards and objective.
For that to happen though the mode itself needs to change from the short timed 'matches' to a more open continuous battle that we can drop in and out of, fight back and forth over multiple objectives and spend hours duking it out.

However, if we up the firepower of the dropships then we should also be able to destroy them.
That in itself would be pretty amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users