31 replies to this topic

#21 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

If you want to drop real money for a hero..... there are better heroes than the Arrow around here, imo

#22 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

Best part about the arrow is walking up behind an assault mech that put 8 armor in the rear CT.

#23 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

Given the sad state of machine guns, I prefer to just strip the arms and put 3 large pulses in it like this.

#24 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

I like the Arrow, and have way too much time in mine. However, MGs are non-competitive and have very limited circustances where they are useful. Until PGI fixes MGs and makes them worth their weight, I say the Arrow is definitely an ignorable mech.

The BJ-1X is still the best Blackjack.

Edited by Greenjulius, 20 June 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#25 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

i play mine with the old AC20, med laser, JJ build. That still has uses IMO.

#26 PR1VATEER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:39 AM

I love my Arrow!
It is an excellent mop up mech and have won a few games with it. (Once on mining collective, it was me vs. 4 mechs, and killed them all with 12 seconds to spare!)

My load out is 6 MGs, 2 med pulse and 1 large pulse. With jump jets. As others have pointed out, do NOT try to go toe to toe with anything higher than a heavy!

#27 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:02 AM

I dunno, dancing with Assaults is one thing the Arrow seems to do particularly well. It's the high-alpha Heavies and SRM-packing Mediums that give it the most trouble.

#28 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:20 AM

I like the BJs but for some reason I have trouble gettting good games when I drop in the Arrow. It's really not that different from the other BJs and you can set it up exactly like the BoomJack (AC20, med lasers) which is the trial BJ loadout and was the primary loadout of everyone during a medium mech event. Less than 4 MGs on any mech doesn't seem to crit well. Don't focus on the MGs as a primary weapon. It's still got 20% ballistic range and some laser or energy quirks. Using large pulse lasers only adds an extra -10% duration.

Oh, if you use a standard engine, it is the only BJ that can zombie though.

#29 KingDavid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 154 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the infos guys

#30 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

If Killing with style is as important to you as it is to me then the Arrow will not disappoint(awesome camo). Just don't listen to those who tell you to wait to mop the floor with it, 6 mgs 1LPL 2ML are more than enough to make anyone wish they werent in your line of sight.

#31 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

If "meta" is what you want, keep walking... If fun is the goal and a decent mech, buy this now. I'm a Blackjack lover and none disappoint.

-k

#32 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

The Arrow could benefit from a larger maximum engine size for triple pulse lasers plus six machine guns @ approximately 120 kph option. With its current maximum 235 engine size the arrow can reach a top speed of 93 kph.

The blackjack 1X can reach 117 kph (with no jump jets).

The trebuchet 3C can reach 139 kph (with no jump jets).

Wolverine 7K can reach 116 kph (with jump jets)

With 6 machine guns you need the additonal speed and maneuverability (and maybe some additional degrees of torso twist) as you're constantly facing your target while spraying machine gun rounds at them, and can't torso twist the way you normally would without compromising your DPS.

The Arrow is a good mech and it functions well with what it has. If someone practiced with it and managed to make every machine gun round hit the same component on a mech, it could be an absolute monster. Those machine guns are extremely underrated.

But it is irritating that you're paying real money for a mech that can't go as fast and might underperform other mechs in its class that you could purchase with cbills. PGI tends to be extremely conservative with anything that might be labeled Pay2Win, which is probably what the Arrow would be called if it had more torso twist and a larger max engine size and was absolutely wrecking people in game. So its unfortunate that people who complain about things that way wind up ruining things for everyone else, but I guess that is the harsh reality of it and the nature of things.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 29 June 2015 - 12:11 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users