Does Anyone Else Get Rusty To Fast?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Great Pumpkin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:29 AM

For me it's the lack of match confidence after a long break. Worse still, Mining colony and viridian bog came out while I was on hiatus and I felt like a lamb to the slaughter for the first few games.

#22 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:02 AM

Lol nah.

Mwo is an ultra slow mo shooter.

I played especially ut and ravenshield in clans for many years.

Mwo is so incredibly slow that it's quite relaxing.

You have ages to aim and shoot and big giant targets.

Its so slow even 100 year old ppl or 4 year olds will have an ultra easy time to control even light mechs.

#23 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

View Postoneda, on 20 June 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

Its so slow even 100 year old ppl or 4 year olds will have an ultra easy time to control even light mechs.

Yes...pressing W A S D, space, left/right mouse + a couple of other keys is a very easy task... even 100y olds or 4 y olds can do that.... but that's as far as it goes...

When it comes to cutting edge gameplay in ELO hell.... not so easy anymore.

#24 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:37 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 20 June 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

I often take long 2-4 weeks break from the game. I am always worried of getting rusty, but everytime I come back it feels like riding a bike.

That's the response i got from some of my unit members, but I never understood how. If it was muscle memory only I would get back into it fast, but the fact is it takes me a while to get back where I was even after very short breaks. Either I'm playing everyday, can even be a a minimum of three matches, and keeping my skill at the same level or raising them, or I take a small break and struggle to reach the bar where I left it.

I understand long breaks, like several months, and it will take a while. I just don't understand the psychological/physical logic behind small breaks that can last 2-4 days and you come back playing the game like it was your first game ever (exaggerated there)

#25 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 June 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

Yes...pressing W A S D, space, left/right mouse + a couple of other keys is a very easy task... even 100y olds or 4 y olds can do that.... but that's as far as it goes...

When it comes to cutting edge gameplay in ELO hell.... not so easy anymore.

Easy is a very subjective term ... like elite.

#26 Questia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn permanent 250+ ping mode

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:54 AM

Even playing almost nonstop, I feel rusty anyway. Say what you will about MWO's slow-paced gameplay, it has more tactical depth than the usual shooter, more options, and thus more ways to mess up in between building a mech and actually playing it (flameshield activated for those who will try to scorch me for even implying MWO has any depth at all).

Plus, it's a team-game... no matter how good you are, enemies are also good enough to match you and thus wear you down - teamwork is OP, of course.

I'm still trying to find out how to play better, of course. (looks enviously at the top-tier comp players)

Edited by Questia, 20 June 2015 - 09:56 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users