3 replies to this topic

#1 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

Hi all,

I am unhappy with the current quirk system. So I tried to figgered out how to benefit non meta mech players without removing all quirks.

If we transform the quirks into items that can be unlocked like weapon modules but have a specific weight, non meta mechs can benefit. Also you save some weight for unused quirks on meta mechs.

We need some free slots for this items as well. There we can introduce half slots. So non meta mechs without quirks doesn't gaine to much slots.

Some very strong items could be unique to some chassis.

If PGI is going to introduce some new weapons, they could easily introduce a neww pack of the correspondenting quirk items.

With a unlock system there would be a new challange for veterans and maybewe could make the old weapon modules obsolet.

Welcome weapon modules 2.0

#2 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:04 AM

the problem aren't quirks itself - the problem are some specific quirks which are way too powerfull + the combination with modules. That is what makes the Dragon1N so powerfull - its -50% cooldown on AC5 + the cooldown reduction from the weapon module.

Replacing quirks with items (espeacially in addition to modules) would not fix that - it would actually make it worse since people would start choosing quirks and combinations with respect to weapon hardpoints. Imagine a King Crab with cooldown reduction on AC5 and its 4(!) AC5s ...

imho the only way to fix unbalanced quirks is:

1. accept that some mechs are not as effective as other mechs - espeacially since the mechs where originaly designed for a TT game which is totaly diffent to a game which runs in real time and allows players to take controll

2. reduce quirks effect drasically - at least the ones on heat and cooldown. I would rather see quirks increasing mechs speed (remember that's one of the main complains IS-players bring up against Clan-Mechs) or armor - just not DPS (at least not like its now allowing a 60ton mech to have higher DPS than a 100ton mech over a longer period of time)

3. PGI needs to actually play Clan-Mechs for once so they see what a mess they have done with the quirks

4. playere need to vote with their wallet - means: stop buying mechs for real money (yes I actually did preorder clan wave 3 and canceld it when they announced the nerf to TBR, SCR)

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:08 AM

The best option would be the role warfare skill tree, as described in 2012. Basically the same as the "modules" you talk about, but with a deeper and wider impact, and paid for with XP instead of C-bills.

But PGI isn't changing either quirks or modules - let's face it.

#4 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:52 AM

I have no problem with some mechs being less effective than others. Some mechs are hundred of years different in technology.
But If you do this you have to calculate battlevalues for every mech and drop teams with nearly equal battlevalue. I think this won't happen.
So I'm happy with my OP Awesome quirks.

The problem with most games is, that developers are not looking for the best way to do something, they are looking for the easiest/cheapest way. It's just business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users