- - - - -

Not Really A New Player, But I Have A Question...

4 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:15 PM

Concerning Hunchback - 4J model, I recently changed its weapons loadout from 2x lrm 10 (artemis) and 2x large lasers to 2x medium lasers, 1x PPC (regular, not ER variant) and equipped only 1 LRM 10 (artemis) so that I could switch battle tactics from being just a longrane support mech to a long range and medium/brawler 'Mech and was just wondering if anyone had done anything similar to this and found if it worked for them?
I have been to smurfy but none of the configurations I have seen there I really liked all that much, so if anyone has anyone has any great thoughts about bringing a mastered Hunchback-4J to its prime battle configuration, would you let me know how it turned out for you?

Thanks in advance.

(House Liao 'Servitor) Leif Tanner)

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

If you're looking for something more all-around, it actually has enough energy quirks to be a full energy boat with 2 LL + 4 ML.

HBK-4J

#3 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

If you want to sue only a single LRM10 then take 2 LRM5's, that will save you 1 ton. Normally it would also give you a better colldown but because of the LRM10 cooldown quirk on the 4J that doesn't apply in this case. Personally I''d probably ditch the PPC for some more cooling or engine speed as well. (try and get a Standard 250 in there, it will really help)

#4 Chaos Strike

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 22 June 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

If you want to sue only a single LRM10 then take 2 LRM5's, that will save you 1 ton.

With Artemis installed, 2x LRM 5s have the same weight and take one slot more than the LRM 10.
You might try something like: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8f11403a29b4d32
Gives you LRM and LL for range and 3x ML and LL for close in work. This setup also spreads out your weapons. You can also load everything on the RT if you are good at twisting to take incoming on your left side.

#5 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

Why would you use Artemis on LRM5's? They form tight groups regardless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users