Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:26 PM

...should be pug drop only...

#22 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

Is it just me or is there a big disparity among the heroes in this event. To place in the Sparky mech, one needs 1402 point to get 50th place. But the ST Ives Blues mech, 363 point will get you on the board. The Jester bracket needs 1436 to place while the IV-Four only needs 638 to place.

So, is this due to the popularity of the mechs or could there be some hero mech burn out with this event. What do you think?

Also, could it be the new Clan mechs are taking priority here as well?

#23 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostRushmoar, on 26 June 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

Is it just me or is there a big disparity among the heroes in this event. To place in the Sparky mech, one needs 1402 point to get 50th place. But the ST Ives Blues mech, 363 point will get you on the board. The Jester bracket needs 1436 to place while the IV-Four only needs 638 to place.

Not just you. Looks like some of the heroes don't get much love even if you throw some extra c-bills at them. I can recall seeing the Vindicator hero exactly once in my ~1000 games, and even this weekend it seems to be rare as hen's teeth.

Some of the others seem to be out in force, though, the Locust and Griffin heroes for sure at least.

Edited by jss78, 27 June 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#24 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

Well, Vindicators and Quickdraws suck. Why would people use them when they can take a good hero instead and earn even more?

#25 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

I really wish it was the best 10 of the first 15 games (or even a match score average over the event), because as it stands, it really favours those players that can keep playing match after match after match :/ But then again, I guess this is what PGI wants. Not really the best marker of skill....but it is what it is. :/

Edited by Redwo1f, 27 June 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#26 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostThrudvangar, on 26 June 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

...should be pug drop only...

No. But there should be 2 queues for group and pugs and only your best position in one count, so you can be fifth on 1 and second on the other, only your second is counted/showed.

#27 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

While I love these events, we really need to have separate boards for group and pug. These massive scores are coming out of the group queues.

#28 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

Off to a good start. Now to get 9 more of these games:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostQuintus Verus, on 27 June 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

While I love these events, we really need to have separate boards for group and pug. These massive scores are coming out of the group queues.

Pretty extreme right now in the Hellslinger section ... so that's only due to groups playing "for" their respective champion?

"HELLSLINGER"
# Pilot Score 1. Posted Image psichih0lic 4,566 2. Posted Image quantaca 3,894 3. Posted Image Tenmou 3,367 4. Posted Image Titus Ryan 3,327 5. Posted Image Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh 3,213

#30 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

View PostRedwo1f, on 27 June 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

I really wish it was the best 10 of the first 15 games (or even a match score average over the event), because as it stands, it really favours those players that can keep playing match after match after match :/ But then again, I guess this is what PGI wants. Not really the best marker of skill....but it is what it is. :/

Becuase what we need is the matchmaker deciding your best 10 scores

#31 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:50 AM

View PostQuintus Verus, on 27 June 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Yes there should be

But there isn't

To much effort I guess

#32 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:07 AM

Phoenix Leaderboards were solo only and I played crazy amounts of games with my BLR-1G to get better and better scores even though I was very busy in real life too.

Now that every other leaderboard has been solo+group I haven't even tried to participate. I haven't even started MWO for a while. Leaderboards are supposed to be about solo effort. Playing with group destroys that completely. Seriously. What is leaderboards about now? It is not about individual because group matches count. It is not about groups because only one player gets the score. What is it about now?

#33 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

I'd have to agree with the solo only thing.

For this event (running the Vindicator) I find the solo easier than team play anyway....in team play the ELO goes nuts. Opposing players are usually harder to kill, and team members also eat up a lot of kills. It's usually a rush to get as much as you can before the game is over, and also avoid getting killed at the same time.

At least in solo it's a mix. And when you are playing a Vindicator ya need all the help you can get. ;)

But ya....I have seen teams help people to get better points. So it would be nice if it could somehow be limited to solo play only.

Ahh Poo....I see that I was bumped outta the top 10 again. :blink: Back to the grind when I get home tonight. We'll see how it goes. Most of the best players seem to be out in the evening, so I'm not expecting much. But then there's still the 50% Cbill boost, so I'll grind it out anyway. :)

#34 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

I have been playing a lot this weekend, but did not see any of the top 5 pilots in the solo queue. I payed attention because i wanted to spectate and steal their configs.

Also... can we get tournament score added to the player stats at end of game...

#35 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostRedwo1f, on 27 June 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

I like that Idea, but have 30 games with at least one game on every map. So that if you have one map that you excel at you have at least one match on it, win loss or get PUG stomped. Or even the first 15-20 sounds good but with at least one match on each map. The one thing is they would need a counter to identify the maps needed and number of games that qualified.

From what I see is Sunday and Monday are days for Playing to gain 10 or 15 pts in a match. Unlike Saturday where you are jumping 100pts or more per match getting rid of matches below 200.

#36 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:25 AM

So apparently all matches don't register to the leaderboard? I played couple of pugs, just basic 1 kill 600 dmg and score went up by some. Then I went to group and got 4 kills with 770dmg at least one solo kill. NO SCORE RISE WHATSOEVER. Am I missing something from the formula?? Another was 650dmg with 7 kills. No score rise even though I'm sure I had worse matches. At least that stuff made me stop playing.

#37 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

ugrakarma, kills most damage are worth much more than kills, 600 damage is only 40 points. Assists are worth as much as non solo kills.
one

#38 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 29 June 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

Pretty extreme right now in the Hellslinger section ... so that's only due to groups playing "for" their respective champion?

"HELLSLINGER"
# Pilot Score 1. Posted Image psichih0lic 4,566 2. Posted Image quantaca 3,894 3. Posted Image Tenmou 3,367 4. Posted Image Titus Ryan 3,327 5. Posted Image Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh 3,213

Loved BLRs almost two decades.
Was one amongst my very favourite chassis.
Was extremely excited to see them in MWO.
Here, they became unbearable oversized, but later, being quircked, thy are shining in all their appropriate glory.
Dear PGI, for the love of Gods, please, RESIZE THEM!

Also, had high hopes for BLR hero and when it comes, 1GHE disappoints me a lot.
Still, grabbed him, only for my lovely Pokemon collection.
Spoiler

Up till today, I had no idea, WHAT THE BEAST HELLSLINGER IS.
Highly underrated and underestimated mech.
Alpha after alpha... just check the radar for next nearest target.

And still 4850 tournament scores!!!
My Gods, FOUR THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY freaking scores!!!
Spoiler

Anyway, all hail glorious Battlemasters!

Posted Image

#39 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:34 AM

I share your enthusiasm for the Hellslinger and have had some pretty awesome matches in it too. But I doubt that I could crank out ten games with score (way) north of 160 for this event.

Shockingly, the Top 2 Hellslingers have 5000 and 4000 point AVG respectively. That's borderline unbelievable. I am happy that I didn't have to play against them during this event.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 30 June 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#40 John Werner

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 29 June 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

I have been playing a lot this weekend, but did not see any of the top 5 pilots in the solo queue.

Actually i m No 14 in the Ranklist for Hellslinger. I played solo, only.

I didnt see any of the 13 Pilots above me. Never!

Also, how the Hell can someone do >5000 Score?

A Match-Result with 1000dmg and 3-5 Kills is ~ 300 Score. Ten of those is 3000 Score. So someone did ten 1800dmg Match with 5-8 Kills in a Hellslinger?! - (its not a Daishi!!!) I can t belive that!

John Werner / Kai Allard Liao and Deirdre Lear

Edited by John Werner, 30 June 2015 - 06:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users