#121 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

Russ (Townhall 6/25) said:

# AdamBaines - STEAM Update? * Nothing new.. high probability that we are going to STEAM. Late Summer / Early Fall... Sept/October * Need New Tutorial before then. * Completing Tutorials will provide rewards * Need to revisit ELO before too. ELO only really only goes up in group, else it stays roughly the same. Russ and Paul have been talking redoing the ELO system from scratch.
#Alistair Winter - Russ can you give us any update on when the pilot skill tree will change and if you have plans to do more than replace the pinpoint accuracy skills? * No, Resource are tied up with July 7th Expanded Mech View work for 720p resolution, then hopefully in August Mech Select Screen and Custom Selected Paint jobs will display in New Mech Select Screen. Then after that Skill Trees and Decals. UI Scaling needed but not ETA at all. Needs a couple months of work, too many other needed first.
#New Clan IIC Mech Pack * Same Price Point as IS Packs 20/40/60/80 * Adjust the same way as IS Mechs * Jenner * Hunchback * Orion * Highlander * Art is all original.. not just adjusting the IS mech versions * Release Dates - Late in the Year * May be able to tease images as soon as tomorrow
I am looking forward for the IIC Mech Pack :wub:
It is clear that they need to take the Orion and Hunchback, as both are ICONIC IIC mechs.
The Highlander IIC is also a good selection, but instead of the Jenner the Locust would have been a better choice.

But the EXPANDED Mechlab View in 720p (1280x720 resolution) is more important for me ...

The most important news for me is that they are revisiting their ELO system ... which wont work at all UNLESS they factor in a "MW0 Battlevalue" to compensate for a mechs advantages and weaknesses !

Edited by M E X, 27 June 2015 - 05:48 AM.

#122 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostZeece, on 25 June 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

#RogueJedi - Non-Omni Clan mechs? or IIC mechs?

* Hero Mechs for July 7th Thunderbolt 'Tallman' Energy Boat no JJ 9 energy hard points, quirks might be just range, but probably armor or mobility..
* Wolverine is a created variant All Right Side weapons, Arm 1 Ballistic 3 Energy, 2 Missile, 360 engine, Jump Jets
* 1st of Redesigned Champion Mechs coming? Probably 21st

Think he got this question confused but answered it later.

#123 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

Hate stomps, I pugged a lot in CW and got stomped plenty.

However if there's a MM in CW then you kill a fundamental aspect of it. You end up meta-gaming who defends or attacks worlds. How can you say you beat faction X when you never had to play against their best units because all you attacked with were scrub pugs?

A MM in CW would have to be incredibly loose and as such will still involve nearly as much stomping as exists now, as such it won't really change anything. Everyone in every queue still needs to drop and needs to drop in essentially the same order they queued up in.

3 teams on each side. Side A is 3 teams of scrubs, side B is 1 scrub team, 1 intermediate, 1 pro team.

No MM is going to change how that's going to play out.

Even more to the point; Side A may have 1 pro team but they queued 5 minutes ago and are in a match stomping Side Bs scrub team (who was the only one queued at the time). Do you force the side B pro team to wait 30 minutes for the Side A pro team to finish and queue while the side B scrub team drops immediately against side A scrubs? That's bull$hit and won't fly (nor should it).

CW isn't a universal queue. It's planet specific and only drops in pre-built teams. A MM could try to balance pug members on teams to an Elo value or something and if there's multiple teams waiting in queue it can shuffle a bit but that's uncommon to begin with.

Still needs to drop everyone who is there approximately in the order they queued in on the planet they queued for.

#124 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 25 June 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

#East Indy - Recently you said on Twitter that you "personally" would love to see the group queue limited to 4 players in a party. Do you have a plan to implement the limit of 4 potentially in CW?

* Not at this time. 'Majority' of vocal players still want to play with large groups. Doesn't understand how its fun for stomping solos and small groups but that's how it is. BUT 6% of groups are 6- 10 ... Less than 1 % 11 - 12 93% are groups of 4 or less. Need to revaluate in the future to provide opportunities for both small and large groups

I find this reply very interesting. Sounds like there are many people out there loving stomps :(

The stomps in group play happen because of poor team work.
The same in the solo queue..
No one likes stomps but until the playerbase sorts it's self centric poor attitude out, they will keep happening constantly in ALL modes.

#125 NEWater

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:58 AM

Gamer from Singapore here. It is my duty to point out that the claim of 100ms from Australia to Singapore is either going to be onerously difficult, or an utter fabrication.

Australia's telcos have this weird habit of routing all traffic from Asia to go through California or Colorado before reaching Australian shores. Based on my experience in playing Insurgency and Day of Defeat in Aussie servers, the lowest ping I've ever seen in an Australian server is 110ms. And that was like finding Moby ****, because that server's ISP was with Optus - an ISP owned by a Singaporean state-owned enterprise. Gaming servers on Optus are extremely rare. Aussie pings are typically at 330ms after being routed through the US, which is ridiculous considering how pings to US servers max out at 250.

PGI has either managed to get Aussie ISPs to march to its tune (which is very unlikely), or has made a promise which is extremely difficult to keep.

Edited by NEWater, 28 June 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#126 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:05 PM

Thanks Zeece!

Personally, the new TDR Hero is a let-down. Another energy boat? Really? :(

I'm also not terribly excited about the prospect of the 12-mans getting broken up. I don't drop in them often, but they are fun. I would say that, if the percentage is as small as Russ says it is, then it shouldn't be a "problem" at all. Instead, 4-mans should be allowed back into the solo queue to even things out. It worked great back in the day.

Everything else looks okay-ish. Nice to see JJs getting a little attention. Would like to see them actually jump instead of levitate. Wish Russ would wave the magic wand already and be done with it instead of goose stepping around the issue.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic while feeling a bit deflated all at the same time.

#127 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostNEWater, on 28 June 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Gamer from Singapore here. It is my duty to point out that the claim of 100ms from Australia to Singapore is either going to be onerously difficult, or an utter fabrication.

Australia's telcos have this weird habit of routing all traffic from Asia to go through California or Colorado before reaching Australian shores. Based on my experience in playing Insurgency and Day of Defeat in Aussie servers, the lowest ping I've ever seen in an Australian server is 110ms. And that was like finding Moby ****, because that server's ISP was with Optus - an ISP owned by a Singaporean state-owned enterprise. Gaming servers on Optus are extremely rare. Aussie pings are typically at 330ms after being routed through the US, which is ridiculous considering how pings to US servers max out at 250.

PGI has either managed to get Aussie ISPs to march to its tune (which is very unlikely), or has made a promise which is extremely difficult to keep.

You can test how good (or bad) your potential connection will be by looking at this thread and reporting your results to Mike Forst:
http://mwomercs.com/...rver-locations/

#128 NEWater

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 28 June 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

You can test how good (or bad) your potential connection will be by looking at this thread and reporting your results to Mike Forst:
http://mwomercs.com/...rver-locations/

I've done that because I'm at Singapore right now and those are Singaporean IP addresses. I'm getting 5ms latency, and reporting my results wouldn't be helpful at all, especially when it pertains to Australian gamers. Go to the thread itself and you'll see how many Aussie gamers who are not from Perth and are getting terrible pings to Singapore.

#129 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:01 AM

Thank you for making this thread with all the infor from the Town Hall with Russ.. that REALLY helps understand everything that has been said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users