#81 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Yeah but the 5SS will still be better at its job due to super quirks. The hero is going to get very week weapon quirks, probably like 5% energy range or something.

It's either going to be better or worse, time will tell. Depends on whatever armour quirks or other tricks they may give it. But I doubt it will offer a different playstyle.

#82 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:33 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 26 June 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

Good for you. I don't enjoy stomps even if I'm on the side doing the stomping.

I know what you are saying. My point is that it is too late. MM should've been in CW from the start but now it's too late. Like they said, maybe in steam release if game gets huge influx of players who start playing it. But probably not.

Yep - many of us had said this since day one of CW, and we were shouted down by the try-hards who so badly wanted everyone to believe that stomps were a required part of the "high skill" environment of CW, and that if people don't like it, they should "join a team." I assume joining a team magically fills my mech bay with fully-leveled meta-mechs for that month... and even if it did, so what? Now I get to do the stomping... gee... what fun... Next up - defeating toddlers in basketballs games, another test of "skill!" :rolleyes:

#83 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 26 June 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

Yep - many of us had said this since day one of CW, and we were shouted down by the try-hards who so badly wanted everyone to believe that stomps were a required part of the "high skill" environment of CW, and that if people don't like it, they should "join a team." I assume joining a team magically fills my mech bay with fully-leveled meta-mechs for that month... and even if it did, so what? Now I get to do the stomping... gee... what fun... Next up - defeating toddlers in basketballs games, another test of "skill!" :rolleyes:

Hate to break it to you, but no one enjoys stomping pug teams. No one ever said that stomps are part of the competitive environment, where are you getting this crap? People said TEAMWORK is required in a team game (so shocking right?). If you want to win, use communication.

Most enjoyable part of CW is going 12-man vs 12-man and heaving a close game that is neck and neck until the end.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 26 June 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#84 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Hate to break it to you, but no one enjoys stomping pug teams. No one ever said that stomps are part of the competitive environment, where are you getting this crap? People said TEAMWORK is required in a team game (so shocking right?). If you want to win, use communication.

Most enjoyable part of CW is going 12-man vs 12-man.

People don't get up and say, "I like stomping PUGs!" but when they vehemently oppose any changes to CW that would make the game worth playing for new players, small groups, or lower-skilled ones AND demand to be pitted against those players regularly based upon a lack of matchmaking, one can easily read between the lines and see what they want: free wins, so they can crow about their "skill."

#85 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 26 June 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

People don't get up and say, "I like stomping PUGs!" but when they vehemently oppose any changes to CW that would make the game worth playing for new players, small groups, or lower-skilled ones AND demand to be pitted against those players regularly based upon a lack of matchmaking, one can easily read between the lines and see what they want: free wins, so they can crow about their "skill."

Well you are very cynical. Not really. Its more because they are cognizant of the fact that if a matchmaker was implemented, they would never get to play. The organized groups want to play other organized groups, there just isn't enough organized groups. At least you can make money playing against pugs, and you can make money as a pug as well if you play smart.

#86 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:56 AM

My one concern about the Dynamic lighting - which is AWESOME by the way? The 6 hour time with only 4 light types. That functionally means people are always going to have the same rough 'times' whenever they play except on weekends when they don't have work/school and are able to get on at times they aren't used to.

I'd much rather see something like a 7 hour change schedule, so it is different every time you log on. Unless the 6 hour isn't a cycle of Dawn->Day->Dusk->Night, but instead randomly choosing each 6 hours. that wouldn't be so bad.

#87 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Well you are very cynical. Not really. Its more because they are cognizant of the fact that if a matchmaker was implemented, they would never get to play. The organized groups want to play other organized groups, there just isn't enough organized groups. At least you can make money playing against pugs, and you can make money as a pug as well if you play smart.

I disagree, considering how much schadenfreude there is in this community. Atleast when reading forums. Not sure if there is more level headed and considerate hidden community somewhere.

#88 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 26 June 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

I disagree, considering how much schadenfreude there is in this community. Atleast when reading forums. Not sure if there is more level headed and considerate hidden community somewhere.

Ironically, most of the Forum community are the folks you find solo dropping, especially here in the general discussion forum. CW forums there is more of the unit "12-man group" presence I suppose.

#89 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Ironically, most of the Forum community are the folks you find solo dropping, especially here in the general discussion forum. CW forums there is more of the unit "12-man group" presence I suppose.

Could be so but that just proves the point. 12 mans rather stomp than make CW more appealing to randoms/pugs/small groups. Since that's what the general consensus in CW forums is, which is the section I've been reading the most.

Problem with this mentality is that they are killing CW without realizing it. "I'd rather stomp than spend time in queue finding fair match" is basically the bottom line.

So don't say people don't enjoy stomping.

Edited by madhermit, 26 June 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#90 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 25 June 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

#East Indy - Recently you said on Twitter that you "personally" would love to see the group queue limited to 4 players in a party. Do you have a plan to implement the limit of 4 potentially in CW?

* Not at this time. 'Majority' of vocal players still want to play with large groups. Doesn't understand how its fun for stomping solos and small groups but that's how it is. BUT 6% of groups are 6- 10 ... Less than 1 % 11 - 12 93% are groups of 4 or less. Need to revaluate in the future to provide opportunities for both small and large groups

I find this reply very interesting. Sounds like there are many people out there loving stomps :(

I'm a bit suspicious of these numbers TBH. I wouldn't be surprised if they are counting groups as units of 1 rather than counting raw players involved in different group size. So instead of counting that 12 man as "12" it gets the same weight as one 4-man.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

Seriously, I have a blast playing as a solo. Why, you ask? Because I don't have to worry about my ******* teammates taking damage from me. Even as a solo playing in a group of pugs against a 12 man, most of the time I will do over 2000 damage (and there are many others like me). Just imagine if the rest of the pugs could just get above 1000, even the typical handful that don't break out of double digits in damage throughout the entire match, if those people could get in the 1000 range, the pug team might actually win.

I have recently started playing CW a little more and I have to admit I'm having some fun figuring out if I can design a PUG-proof-dropdeck. For example, one primary concern I have is that my mechs need to be fast. Pug teams will collapse all around you in seconds so it's critical that you are fast enough escape the slaughter.

It's a work in progress and so far I have nothing to show for it. However if I ever figure it out, it will be worth it just to shove it in the faces of some of these groups that treat CW as glorified seal clubbing.

Edited by Jman5, 26 June 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#91 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 26 June 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Could be so but that just proves the point. 12 mans rather stomp than make CW more appealing to randoms/pugs/small groups. Since that's what the general consensus in CW forums are, which is the section I've been reading the most.

Problem with this mentality is that they are killing CW without realizing it. "I'd rather stomp than spend time in queue finding fair match" is basically the bottom line.

So don't say people don't enjoy stomping.

So you would rather potentially spend 2-3 hours ghost dropping to find ONE "fair" (there are some 12-man groups that are worse than pugs) match? Good for you.

#92 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

So regarding Russ's comment on the unseen mechs not in game.... are we SOL on the Warhammer, Crusader, Phoenix Hawk, and Marauder being added to MWO??? :(

#93 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostJman5, on 26 June 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I have recently started playing CW a little more and I have to admit I'm having some fun figuring out if I can design a PUG-proof-dropdeck. For example, one primary concern I have is that my mechs need to be fast. Pug teams will collapse all around you in seconds so it's critical that you are fast enough escape the slaughter.

It's a work in progress and so far I have nothing to show for it. However if I ever figure it out, it will be worth it just to shove it in the faces of some of these groups that treat CW as glorified seal clubbing.

Yep the key is speed and being able to poke at range. For IS, LL/LPL and Gauss all day, doesn't matter what mech. For Clan, cERML, cLPL, and Gauss all day as well.

Brawling requires coordination, so I don't typically bring brawlers when I solo drop, maybe on Vitric forge.

#94 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

So you would rather potentially spend 2-3 hours ghost dropping to find ONE "fair" (there are some 12-man groups that are worse than pugs) match? Good for you.

So you enjoy stomping? Good for you.

#95 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

Yep the key is speed and being able to poke at range. For IS, LL/LPL and Gauss all day, doesn't matter what mech. For Clan, cERML, cLPL, and Gauss all day as well.

Brawling requires coordination, so I don't typically bring brawlers when I solo drop, maybe on Vitric forge.

yeah agreed. I don't think I would last long trying to brawl in a pug cw game.

#96 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 26 June 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

So you enjoy stomping? Good for you.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. I said I would rather stomp than not play.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 26 June 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#97 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 26 June 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

I missed half of it, but I did catch near the end, the discussion was about the group queue and mode selection. That very few 12 mans are on at one time and that they select different game modes ensuring they never meet was a problem. Removing mode selection would improve that, but there has been a big out cry from large groups about removing mode selection last time they tried.

Edited by Johnny Z, 26 June 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#98 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. I said I would rather stomp than not play.

So that's exactly what you say. Or are you saying you are masochistic and enjoy not enjoying the stomp games? Or why are you playing?

#99 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

Large teams farming creds and loyalty is a thing in this game..... So ya some like stomps and go through great pains to create them even.

#100 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 26 June 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

I missed half of it, but I did catch near the end, the discussion was about the group queue and mode selection. That very few 12 mans are on at one time and that they select different game modes ensuring they never meet was a problem. Removing mode selection would improve that, but there has been a big out cry from large groups about removing mode selection last time they tried.

That means such gamemode/content shouldve not been introduced into such game with so few players. More research shouldve gone into it before start of implementation.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users