Will The Game Run Well On This Setup?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

Being a broke college kid, I can not afford a huge expensive rig to play all kinds of sweet games, but my friend built me a budget computer that we think will run this game nicely. for some background, I used to play on my Acer laptop with integrated graphics and I thought it was fine. after playing like that, I'm hoping this will be an upgrade.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 6-core 3,5 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750
500W power supply
6 GB ram

any insight from the tech wizards?

#2 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

Not a tech wizard, but I would only ever consider building my own PCs. I find the idea of a pre-built PC insulting.

6 Gb of ram? I would go for at least 8. Also, I think people have trouble getting good-great fps without intel processors (newer i5 or i7). Either way, playing on a proper computer will change the game for you. You will instantly get higher scores and if you go back to the laptop, you won't believe it was ever playable.

Edited by DoctorDetroit, 26 June 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#3 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

I figured as much. to be honest, I'm not a huge video game person to begin with. this will be my first desktop. I don't know if my scores will really go up, I consider myself decent at the game, I just want to be able to play again. what's great is that this whole setup including shipping is under $400. which is as high as I can go. does it seem decent enough?

#4 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostEziekiel kadorov, on 26 June 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

I figured as much. to be honest, I'm not a huge video game person to begin with. this will be my first desktop. I don't know if my scores will really go up, I consider myself decent at the game, I just want to be able to play again. what's great is that this whole setup including shipping is under $400. which is as high as I can go. does it seem decent enough?

Sounds like a good deal for $400. What sized case (mid or full tower)? I would suggest an after market heat sink. hyper evo 212 if you have a full tower or some liquid cooler if you are using a mid tower. Also, if you really are stuck with using an AMD processor you could do better with the AMD FX 4350 4.2 quad-core.

#5 Mightyrant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

Ill look into th cooler and the processor, thanks for the help

#6 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

The thing with AMD CPUs is they lack the brute power (IPC) of Intel CPUs so to keep up they require higher clock speeds. If you have good cooling and can OC it, it will serve you decently. The 750 is a decent low-mid card, too.

Here's the real stick: the case and power supply will affect how far you can go with this system. You may be able to upgrade the GPU and CPU down the road when you have more cash, but as with any pre-built you will need to pay very careful attention to the hardware specs, quality, and support of other parts. The better the overall airflow design of the case, the more you can probably push the parts in it. You will have to start upgrading fans+heatsinks pretty quickly, though.

Bad for the price? Meh. Bad for the game? Meh. If that's your budget, that's your budget. When more budget comes, more horsepower can be acquired. Right now you'll probably settle on low+medium mixed settings and get a playable but not amazingly fluid frame rate. If you get the system and give us a run down of how it runs the game, we can try to help optimize.

#7 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:32 PM

I'd Recommend Getting this to Start, Then Get a Cooler, Upgrade CPU & GPU Later once you get more Money:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($97.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) ($93.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $583.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-26 16:32 EDT-0400

#8 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

the 6300 isnt bad and is a good over clocker, you will want a better aftermarket cpu cooler though as getting that cpu to 4-4.3 will make a gigantic difference in MWO. you can get a cooler for like 30 bucks. [color=#A4A4A4]Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus[/color]

if you can push your budget a bit then take a look at lord lettos post above, though i see it lacks an aftermarket cpu cooler as well.

#9 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,685 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

pro tip: you can build your own computer for less money than a prebuilt of the same or worse quality, you have no reason not to build.

#10 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

Letto is the man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users