Do Not Hold Back The Hit Reg Fix!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

The hit reg in this game is degrading to terrible levels....AGAIN. Do not hold back the 'fix' that is coming. This should be a priority.

#2 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostAbaddonis, on 26 June 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

The hit reg in this game is degrading to terrible levels....AGAIN. Do not hold back the 'fix' that is coming. This should be a priority.

https://youtu.be/TRTkCHE1sS4

#3 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:20 AM

Aww, you're cute. I guess you live on an island where this game has a huge player base and is thriving. I live on the mainland where I see the same players 3-4 matches in a row consistently. You know why? Microscopic player base. You know why? Ongoing game issues.

DO NOT HOLD BACK THE HIT REG FIX!

#4 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

The message here is really amusing.

Rushing features out before they're 99.5% ready is a big reason they end up broken.

So, what do we ask for? RUSH THE FIX OUT!! That'll solve everything guys!!

#5 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

Nope, put a priority on the hit reg fix. Ya know? Of course, it will be set aside for more mech packs. Mech packs I won't buy as long as the game sits in this state.

#6 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostAbaddonis, on 26 June 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Nope, put a priority on the hit reg fix. Ya know? Of course, it will be set aside for more mech packs. Mech packs I won't buy as long as the game sits in this state.

Do you honestly think that mechs are modeled by the same people who work on hit reg?

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

It's coming don't rush them. It always feels like if they rush they don't go back to fix it for a long time.

#8 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 26 June 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Do you honestly think that mechs are modeled by the same people who work on hit reg?

It's like people who complain about physicists working with the LHC instead of making water filters for poor people or some other stupid s**t. Doesn't work like that. People with specialized jobs aren't a plug-n-play resource. You can't take a 3D modeler and expect them to be perfectly proficient at coding too.

People need to get it through their heads that different teams doing different jobs, can do several different things at once, with no delay in production because of it.

#9 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

Did you just regurgitate internet argument #348?

Golly gee, I work on models and I have no clue who works on the other stuff, they keep me locked in this here closet until I'm done!!

There's more to mech packs than a 3D model. I'm sure you know that, with all of your software engineering background.

Yes, the constant churning out of redundant mech packs bites into the QA process. I'm sure you can figure this out.

#10 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

Mama always said stupid is as stupid does.

#11 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

Lugh is very knowledgeable when it comes to programming video games. His momma told him so!

#12 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:27 AM

We get it, Abaddonis. You're salty as hell and you want some pepper to go with it.

Whatever hitreg fixes they're working on will go out when putting them out won't require more effort to fix the fix than was put into the hitreg fix in the first place. Broken code does no one any good.

And no, you don't tell 3D modelers or other 'Mech Pack Folks to A.) learn an entire new skillset so they can do not-their-jobs with significantly less skill and experience than the people actually doing those jobs, or B.) sit on their thumbs and collect paychecks for nothing while your QA works on vetting a hitreg fix. You get your modelers to keep doing their modeling work and keep up a cadence of new 'Mech releases, because 'Mech releases are down to a science and don't actually need much attention from QA. Why do you think they announce a pack three or four months before it's actually ready? All the fervor, none of the developer crunch, and QA can continue to work where it's needed.

Seriously, dude. Settle your jimmies. Things will get fixed. In the meantime, use more chainfire.

#13 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostAbaddonis, on 26 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Lugh is very knowledgeable when it comes to programming video games. His momma told him so!

I am technically adept (in computer sciences field ) and I will posit Ive been doing it longer than you've been alive. Not just for video games, provisioning systems, networks, databases, system deployments and more. I'd hazard I have more project management experience than you for sure.

#14 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostAbaddonis, on 26 June 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Did you just regurgitate internet argument #348?

Golly gee, I work on models and I have no clue who works on the other stuff, they keep me locked in this here closet until I'm done!!

There's more to mech packs than a 3D model. I'm sure you know that, with all of your software engineering background.

Yes, the constant churning out of redundant mech packs bites into the QA process. I'm sure you can figure this out.

Well since you 'figured it out', how about you educate us all with a detailed explanation of exactly how and why the same people are doing both? Then we know for sure that your point is valid and you're not just spouting nonsense and guesses.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users