Over Clanned Games

38 replies to this topic

#1 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:34 AM

probably been mentioned before. but it seems that most of the games I drop into anymore are almost always more clan mechs than IS. Has Clan tech destroyed pretty much the whole IS inventory? Are the clan omnis regulating IS mechs to the garage? I know during tourneys the number of IS mechs go up. For obvious reasons. Just an observation as I play a few clan mechs myself. In this game of Fotm builds the clans can pack some serious cheese builds. So I think that a ripple effect is happening and as the uber clan builds come out more people start playing clan almost exclusive to be competitive. Again not a complaint, or anything just an observation.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

Is it, by chance, because two Clam mechs were just released?

Under normal circumstances, they're generally pretty even in the PUG LIFE.

Events and new robots are not normal circumstances.

#3 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

People are trying to master the freshly released clan mechs.

#4 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

pity them for clan mechs are the worst of them all.

IS mechs are better then ever

#5 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

Yeah - 2 new Clan mechs released and 2 more coming.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostYanlowen Cage, on 26 June 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

probably been mentioned before. but it seems that most of the games I drop into anymore are almost always more clan mechs than IS. Has Clan tech destroyed pretty much the whole IS inventory? Are the clan omnis regulating IS mechs to the garage? I know during tourneys the number of IS mechs go up. For obvious reasons. Just an observation as I play a few clan mechs myself. In this game of Fotm builds the clans can pack some serious cheese builds. So I think that a ripple effect is happening and as the uber clan builds come out more people start playing clan almost exclusive to be competitive. Again not a complaint, or anything just an observation.

and a fairly false observation at that....

You may see more clan mechs right now because the EBJ and EXE were just released....also the TBR-A as well as the NVA-C have been made available for Cbills.

So there is a small influx of new variants and mechs on the Clan side, in another week or two it will normalize and then get skewed again when the Shadowcat and Cheetah come out.

Edited by DarthRevis, 26 June 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#7 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:23 AM

Yeah, because the heavy queue hasn't been dominated by Timberwolves for months.
The medium queue hasn't been dominated by Stormcrows for months.
The assault queue hasn't been dominated by Dire wolves for months.

Nope, never happened. Nope.

#8 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

Gonna have to mark down a day in September to whine about how clan mechs got left behind. booohooo

#9 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostAbaddonis, on 26 June 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Yeah, because the heavy queue hasn't been dominated by Timberwolves for months.
The medium queue hasn't been dominated by Stormcrows for months.
The assault queue hasn't been dominated by Dire wolves for months.

Nope, never happened. Nope.

Pretty much.
The only weight class that was not completely dominated by the clans, were the light mechs, and only because of the Firestarters and Huginns.

Once Arctic Cheater comes out, say goodbye to IS mechs for a long time...

#10 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 26 June 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Pretty much.
The only weight class that was not completely dominated by the clans, were the light mechs, and only because of the Firestarters and Huginns.

Once Arctic Cheater comes out, say goodbye to IS mechs for a long time...

I'm sure that had nothing to do with people testing the nerfs to the SCR/TBR and absolutely nothing to do with the clan UAC changes.

#11 Grommen

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

Does not hurt that 3 of the hardest things to kill are Clans mechs.

If'en a Dire Whale looks at you, your dead.

And the amount of damage Timberwolves and Stormcrows can take is mind boggling. O ya and those two are faster than what ever I'm driving so were I to actually hurt one, they simply run away.

I'm not crying here, I could always go get one and defect to the dark side. In fact I often wonder why I don't. Most likely because the moment I purchase one of them PGI will come down so hard with the nerf bat I'll cry a lake.

#12 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostGrommen, on 26 June 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

And the amount of damage Timberwolves and Stormcrows can take is mind boggling. O ya and those two are faster than what ever I'm driving so were I to actually hurt one, they simply run away.

I'm not crying here, I could always go get one and defect to the dark side. In fact I often wonder why I don't. Most likely because the moment I purchase one of them PGI will come down so hard with the nerf bat I'll cry a lake.

Don't let the whale look at you. Use your mobility to get around behind him. He cores out well if everyone focuses him as well.

I yearn to experience this indestructibility you are describing for the TBR and the SCR, because again they melt like no ones business.

And yes the mobility is on the TBR/SCR side, you COULD have similiar mobility if were willing to sacrifice some firepower to get a bigger engine.

#13 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Stop the qqing IS bra....

As merc, we switch side, and IS is much fun and overquirked. A lot of good mechs and builds.

Not so for clans.

Outside cw drops, I regularly use any is mechs and I do average the same k and dmg than clan mech.
Which fact makes me think is and clan are quite balanced, atm.

#14 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

Lugh, you're starting to look like an [redacted] at this point.

IS + XL engine = mobile = less tanky than Clan by a long shot.

But you knew that as you were typing it, right?

Edited by Rhazien, 26 June 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#15 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostGrommen, on 26 June 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

The toughest mechs in the game to take down are the stalker and thunderbolt. The stalker isn't just tough, it has those high hardpoints so you start fighting the top 10% of the chassis, if it turns it's really hard to hit the CT, and if it turns even more you end up having to go through the arms. The thunderbolt, you end up having to go through both arms and both side torsos.

The TBR is a 75 ton mech with better-than-average torso twist range/speed. It's arms aren't good for shielding, and if it fit missiles it's STs are comically easy to hit.

Same as above, superb twist range/speed. With the shape of the SCR, if you aren't careful your shots can pass between it's arms and STs. Much like the stalker it has some high weapon mounts and doesn't have to expose as much as most mechs to fire.

Stalker/thunderbolt are tough because of the way they are shaped, the TBR/SCR are tough because they twist quickly/far.

#16 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostPiney, on 26 June 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Yeah - 2 new Clan mechs released and 2 more coming.

July 21st gives us another pair of Clan mechs.

#17 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

View Postlordtzar, on 26 June 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

I'm sure that had nothing to do with people testing the nerfs to the SCR/TBR and absolutely nothing to do with the clan UAC changes.

Considering that the percentages were just as high before the "nerf" you're probably right even though you made a poor attempt at sarcasm..........Heavy and Medium class has been dominated by TBR and SCR pretty much since they were introduced......only reason you aren't seeing as many TBR's now is because of the EBJ.

#18 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

Don't forget the gigantic sale on all clan mechs a month ago...

#19 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 June 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

Stop the qqing IS bra....

As merc, we switch side, and IS is much fun and overquirked. A lot of good mechs and builds.

Not so for clans.

Outside cw drops, I regularly use any is mechs and I do average the same k and dmg than clan mech.
Which fact makes me think is and clan are quite balanced, atm.

what people forget is that clan XL engines over a 250 rating all have LOCKED heat sinks...making them heavier than their IS XL counterparts. THough not as heavy as STD engines its still a weight penalty to the cXL that cannot be avoided, and seems like a fair trade off for the ability to survive 1 ST loss....

#20 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostYanlowen Cage, on 26 June 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

Because: NEW SHINY

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users