Hunchback Iic Official Art..... Schwing! And A Homerun!

69 replies to this topic

#61 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostScratx, on 26 June 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

To everyone drooling thinking of the Hunchback IIC ... you are now obligated to play your first match with it STOCK. Kill someone with it, then die gloriously!

Then you can go make your dual gauss babies with it. :P

( PS : I am probably doing this too, for the lulz )

View PostPowerOfNapes, on 27 June 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

On board with this.

Ain't Skeered.

I basic'd all my Urbies stock.

#62 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

I can't wait for this!!!

#63 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 26 June 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

Forward view is this way, through that hall!! lol

But damn is that exclusive to clanner?

Yes.

Little Lore for you;

IIC ("two-C", for "second generation, Clan technology") is an Inner Sphere designation for various items of Clan equipment that evolved out of certain classic designs or items, built with superior Clan technology. Originally coined for certain BattleMech designs, IIC was later also used for superior (Clan-level) technology rebuilds of Aerospace, fighters, vehicles, and other equipment that evolved out of an earlier namesake in a similar fashion, and is now used for a broad range of advanced items.
The IIC designation originated with the Inner Sphere and is not a Clan term, even though it describes their technology as opposed to Inner Sphere technology. As such, the Clans themselves did not use the IIC description initially, referring to IIC units and items by their traditional Star League-era name (without the "IIC" appendix) instead. Later on, around the Jihad era past the year 3067, the Clans seem to use it as well to differentiate IIC designs from their classic ancestors which are sometimes still in use in the Inner Sphere.
Although superior to Inner Sphere technology, IIC 'Mechs and fighters do not make use of Omni technology and were thus already considered obsolete by the Clans by the time of the Clan Invasion. They were absent from frontline formations, but were used in second-line and garrison units.
Many IIC designs have altered the parent design's mass and some actually bear little resemblance to the earlier design or item of the same name.

There are some 23 IS 'mechs captured and retrofitted by the Clans. Going to be a lot of fun to pilot some of them!

Edited by TWIAFU, 28 June 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#64 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 28 June 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

Yes.

Little Lore for you;

IIC ("two-C", for "second generation, Clan technology") is an Inner Sphere designation for various items of Clan equipment that evolved out of certain classic designs or items, built with superior Clan technology. Originally coined for certain BattleMech designs, IIC was later also used for superior (Clan-level) technology rebuilds of Aerospace, fighters, vehicles, and other equipment that evolved out of an earlier namesake in a similar fashion, and is now used for a broad range of advanced items.
The IIC designation originated with the Inner Sphere and is not a Clan term, even though it describes their technology as opposed to Inner Sphere technology. As such, the Clans themselves did not use the IIC description initially, referring to IIC units and items by their traditional Star League-era name (without the "IIC" appendix) instead. Later on, around the Jihad era past the year 3067, the Clans seem to use it as well to differentiate IIC designs from their classic ancestors which are sometimes still in use in the Inner Sphere.
Although superior to Inner Sphere technology, IIC 'Mechs and fighters do not make use of Omni technology and were thus already considered obsolete by the Clans by the time of the Clan Invasion. They were absent from frontline formations, but were used in second-line and garrison units.
Many IIC designs have altered the parent design's mass and some actually bear little resemblance to the earlier design or item of the same name.

There are some 23 IS 'mechs captured and retrofitted by the Clans. Going to be a lot of fun to pilot some of them!

and to further muddy things, there are also simply "C" models. As in Rifleman RFL-3N-C, Warhammer WHM-6R-C, which are the original Inner Sphere Models, often the SLDF Royal Versions, upgraded with Clan Technology. These were actually the first "Second Line" type Clan Mechs the IS encountered, according to lore. So they essentially LOOK identical to the IS version, but with Clan Weapons, Ferro, DHS, etc.

The IIC is for those models that the Clans engineered themselves based off of these and produced in the Pentagon Worlds to bridge between the old tech and Omnis.

Basically, it went (without exact dates listed) SLDF Inner Sphere Mechs, Those Mechs with Clan Tech updates, IIC Mechs and original designs like Corvis and Supernova, then OmniMechs. They also refit captured Inner Sphere mechs to (C) standards to garrison planets during Operation Revival.

#65 Bleary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:00 AM

God, what is up with the IIC promo color scheme? They look like U of M cheerleaders.

#66 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:11 AM

I like the model but hate the paint job. It looks like it needs to be shot out of a circus cannon.

#67 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:42 AM

Colors and camo do not bother me, as I can change them. -_-

#68 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

Reminds me of Wolverine's costume from the 80s...

Posted Image

Edited by Triordinant, 29 June 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#69 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:54 AM

It looks awesome! The walking coffin lives!

It's funny that Bishop said the dual ultra 20 wouldn't be viable in MWO. Was it really viable in anything? They called it a deathtrap and a place to send old MechWarriors to die for a reason. It only holds enough ammo for 7 bursts I think.

Then again with double armor and burst mechanics, even less so in MWO I suppose.

I think it has 2 ballistics per torso anyway, so I'm thinking quad Ultra 5s might be popular.

#70 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:01 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 26 June 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah, when Russ said this, I sort of needed some private time.

I know, in the Forum Warrior Way, there are many things to be concerned with re: IIC mechs... but still.

I don't care.

I'm so buying these.

I would be more afraid if the Ultra20s were front loaded like they should be.

I bought a Cauldron Born a la Carte for my Clanner (Marduk Moreau) and the Prime I set up with UAC10, UAC5 & a LRM10. It does not over heat even on Mordor and DAKKAS like a champ. But on the battlefiled... it feels impotent. The UAC20 is the same. :(

View PostTriordinant, on 29 June 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

Reminds me of Wolverine's costume from the 80s...

Posted Image

John Byrne one of my favorite Artists from Marvel. Heck I even bought Superman comics once he switched to DC!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 29 June 2015 - 02:02 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users