• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostR Razor, on 27 June 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

Are your eyes brown by any chance?

yes, actually, they are, kinda a chestnut brown actually.

View PostAlan Davion, on 27 June 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

Are yours green by any chance?

Because Flash has a point. The venom thrown around by both sides during that Phoenix poll was ridiculous, but the owners who voted no really only showed they were doing so out of greed, especially when the "Too bad, so sad" comments started getting thrown around.

Here's a thought, did any of those Phoenix owners actually sign a real, physical contract when they bought those mechs? And did they sign it in blood by any chance? Because I'm pretty sure there was no physical contract to be signed, but the way some of these people have carried on you'd think there was.

I get people wanting their deal to be exclusive... but really the exclusives in that pack were the preordered bonuses, not the entirety of the pack itself... Frankly pgi should buck the poll and sell those mechs. [especially since, I'd frankly love to have that pack, as I was sadly without work during it's sale.]

#23 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:51 AM

You guys crying non-stop over the whole Phoenix thing is hilarious...............I voted no in it simply because I enjoy watching you hand wringers scream and cry over the fact that I voted no.

The fact that they were advertised and pushed as "Exclusive and never to be offered again" was just gravy.

Sadly, a lot of people on these forums have merely confirmed my suspicion that most people aren't capable of keeping their word. At the end of the day you're only as good as your word after all, and a lot of you are ready to give a free pass to an organization that would have had to have broken their word just because it would have given you or someone else a shiny. Sad indeed.

View PostFlash Frame, on 27 June 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Frankly pgi should buck the poll and sell those mechs. [especially since, I'd frankly love to have that pack, as I was sadly without work during it's sale.]

Well golly gee, I think I should be allowed to buy a Founders Package since I was in Iraq during its sale.............I mean fair is fair right? Screw all of those founders that bought in and helped pave the way for this game, I want my shiny and I want it now and I don't care if PGI has to break their word to give it to me!!!!!

View PostAlan Davion, on 27 June 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

I missed out on it as well, due to being a full-time college student, so I did not have the money required at the time. And I swear if anyone starts in with the "Too bad, so sad" BS again I will report them.

Report them for what? Insulting you like you did them by calling them greedy elitists?? Did college teach you NOTHING????

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostR Razor, on 27 June 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

You guys crying non-stop over the whole Phoenix thing is hilarious...............I voted no in it simply because I enjoy watching you hand wringers scream and cry over the fact that I voted no.

The fact that they were advertised and pushed as "Exclusive and never to be offered again" was just gravy.

Sadly, a lot of people on these forums have merely confirmed my suspicion that most people aren't capable of keeping their word. At the end of the day you're only as good as your word after all, and a lot of you are ready to give a free pass to an organization that would have had to have broken their word just because it would have given you or someone else a shiny. Sad indeed.

Well golly gee, I think I should be allowed to buy a Founders Package since I was in Iraq during its sale.............I mean fair is fair right? Screw all of those founders that bought in and helped pave the way for this game, I want my shiny and I want it now and I don't care if PGI has to break their word to give it to me!!!!!
Let's see, get the 4 (only 4) Founders Mechs and all that came with it. Do you want your name in the credits as well if you go the full $120?

BTW Thanks for your service in Iraq.

In the world "Never" ever happens. So expecting/forcing PGI to honor a stupid choice... Kinda crappy if you ask me.

As for Keeping our word. I agreed to PGI being able to change what every they deem necessary(ToS) in the game when every they feel its necessary.

So if I don't keep MY word, how can I expect Anyone else to? I gave my word before PGI ever changed anything in game that they can do so when ever they want.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 June 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#25 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 June 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

Let's see, get the 4 (only 4) Founders Mechs and all that came with it. Do you want your name in the credits as well if you go the full $120?

BTW Thanks for your service in Iraq.

In the world "Never" ever happens. So expecting/forcing PGI to honor a stupid choice... Kinda crappy if you ask me.

I was being facetious Joe, I no more have a right to demand that PGI sells me a Founders Pack than people have a right to demand a Phoenix Package.........both were advertised and sold as "limited edition" in a manner of speaking. The sale is over with, move along and wait on the next one, that's my point. Continually whining and crying because you weren't able to get one (not you in particular mind you, just in general) and then insulting people that did and voted to hold PGI to their word is just ignorant.

Never only never happens because too many people with too little backbone have too much of an entitlement complex.

And the service was my pleasure.

Edited by R Razor, 27 June 2015 - 05:00 AM.

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

View PostR Razor, on 27 June 2015 - 04:58 AM, said:

I was being facetious Joe, I no more have a right to demand that PGI sells me a Founders Pack than people have a right to demand a Phoenix Package.........both were advertised and sold as "limited edition" in a manner of speaking. The sale is over with, move along and wait on the next one, that's my point. Continually whining and crying because you weren't able to get one (not you in particular mind you, just in general) and then insulting people that did and voted to hold PGI to their word is just ignorant.

Never only never happens because too many people with too little backbone have too much of an entitlement complex.

And the service was my pleasure.

You have a right to ask for it. PGI has a right to say NO... or Yes.

Limited edition.

: a special book, picture, medal, etc., for which only a small number of copies are produced and sold
If PGI allows players to get teh Founders pack again for 3 months It fits the description of limited edition or limited time even.

Oh and Never ever happens until it does. Far as I'm concerned Never only truly means hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 June 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#27 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostR Razor, on 27 June 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

I'd be fine with that frankly. We got dicked on that entire sale anyway.

Remember, founders only got 4 mechs, literally just 4 mechs, Yeah we got premium time, and a special founders badge and all, but our pack literally only, for 120 bucks at the high end, got us 4 mechs with special camo patterns, and like 100usd worth of MC, that's really all we got value wise.

You guys, for that same pricepoint, got like 16 mechs at least. plus other goodies. not to mention whatever you got for the preorder bonus.

Yeah sure, I have my name in the credits, but if you want to pay 120 for 4 mechs, I wouldn't stop you man.

#28 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

it's always nice when some stuff is exclusive and never accessible again... but that stuff shouldn't be too good, just slightly different

phoenix pack is a good example of what's better to leave exclusive, nvidia fairy on the other hand.... -_- imo they could release its recolored variant keeping the original color for the original owners

#29 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:02 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 27 June 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

it's always nice when some stuff is exclusive and never accessible again... but that stuff shouldn't be too good, just slightly different

phoenix pack is a good example of what's better to leave exclusive, nvidia fairy on the other hand.... -_- imo they could release its recolored variant keeping the original color for the original owners

Okay, I have to ask, what is it about the Phoenix mechs that is 'too good' for them to be re-released? Or the Founders mechs for that matter?

I know next to nothing about the Founders mechs, so I'm honestly curious what makes them different from whatever mechs they're based on. That being said, the only things really different about the Phoenix mechs are the physical geometry, camo and colors, not counting the C-Bill bonus because there are plenty of mechs that have those.

#30 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

View Post1453 R, on 26 June 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

Jenner IIC, Hunchback IIC, Orion IIC, and Highlander IIC. The first of what we can assume, given Piranha’s apparently quite dismayingly successful business model, to be many IIC ‘Mech packs offered to Clan players. Clansman second-line tech is coming.

But what else could we potentially get as a IIC? A quick look through Sarna (and my own personal memory) shows…

Oh, let’s just cut right to the point.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rifleman_IIC
http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder_IIC

All designs whose originals are controlled by Harmony Cluckmothering Gold, and thus designs that will likely never see the light of day in MWO, sadly. That said…the IIC designs generally shift the art, and comprise entire new machines, often at different tonnages, with different enough looks they might well fit in under HG’s nose with a little massaging from Alex, and any significant deviations from the ‘iconic’ art can be forgiven by the IIC conversion, while the Phoenix holders’ overwhelmingly negative response to the possibility of future Phoenix content makes it almost impossible for Russ to justify wrasslin’ HG for some sort of agreement on the Macross Reseens.

Or, to put it in short-version format: it’s quite possible that Clan pilots will see Riflemen, Warhammers, and Marauders available for their use before Sphere pilots do, if Sphere pilots ever do.

Words cannot describe the size of the smack-eating grin on this Warden Clansman’s face right now. I’ve got such great toys to look forward to. Dat Marauder. ‘Course I’m more interested in the Shadow Hawk IIC…but that don’t mean I won’t tromp right out there in my shiny new Phoenix IICs, should Piranha decide to so grace Kerensky’s chosen.

#suckitfreebirths

Only the Rifleman, and the Marauder IIC look crap, and the Warhammer IIC is a Warhammer, with a few extra bumps, so close that if Harmony Gold do actively look over this game for Breeches in copyright, they will look at it and scream foul under the distinct likeness clause.

You can keep em..so #suckitVatbaby. ;)

#31 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 27 June 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

Okay, I have to ask, what is it about the Phoenix mechs that is 'too good' for them to be re-released? Or the Founders mechs for that matter?

I know next to nothing about the Founders mechs, so I'm honestly curious what makes them different from whatever mechs they're based on. That being said, the only things really different about the Phoenix mechs are the physical geometry, camo and colors, not counting the C-Bill bonus because there are plenty of mechs that have those.

The 4 Founders mechs have unique gemoetry and and used to have only a 25% bonus to cbill gain[which got upped to 30% to match the other hero's], outside of that, they are no different than the "standard" variants of the Atlas, Hunchback, Catapult, and Jenner. [the 7D, 4G, C1, and D respetively.] They also had default colors and all.

Posted Image

Outside of that, we got a forum badge, MC, and our names in the credits [at the top tier].

Phoenix came with 16+ mechs, with the prime variants of those having unqiue geometry, unique badges, hanging cockpit items, ect. 30% cbill bonus, and unique colors.

at the end of the day, I can buy those mechs without the geometry [which I've already done.] but many of us really wanted that geometry, and frankly, Phoenix was shut down before many of us could get it. It also has the honor of being the only other pack you cannot still buy outside of Founders.

#32 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:35 AM

I haven't got the Nvidia Fairy, frankly the only cockpit item worth having, but do I cry over having missed out on an exclusive.

Nope.

Did I complain about W.O.T taking the T-59 off the market, or missing out on the exclusive Beta Tanks.

Nope.

Should I scream and rant and make veiled threats, and call the people elitist trash, because I don't have them.

Nope, because I'd just look stupid and make myself look an cretinous dictator for wanting, a democratic vote, over thrown, because I didn't like the result.

I hear, North Korea, is a nice place and is probably better suited to those that think the vote should be over turned.

But don't worry as I'm sure that P.G.I will run this vote every year or so, until they get a yes vote, or just make the target so high it can't be achieved to have the vote, and it will just go down as yet another P.G.I exclusive.

#33 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 June 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

Nope, HG is not gonna let "IIC" get in their way of lawsuit.

Do their names include Marauder/Archer/Warhammer? Then it is based on the Macross ripoffs, and PGI is cashing in on the name of the classic mechs--which were ripoffs.

HG's logic--which means none of those mechs for all sides.

? you dumb or somthing ? They have no Copyrights to the names dumb dumb. They have Copyrights to the looks. And only the looks of the standart ones.

Edited by Jack Corban, 27 June 2015 - 06:39 AM.

#34 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostJack Corban, on 27 June 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

? you dumb or somthing ? They have no Copyrights to the names dumb dumb. They have Copyrights to the looks. And only the looks of the standart ones.

And you are blind. I specifically wrote that it as long as PGI uses the names of Marauder/Warhammer/Archer, HG is still gonna sue, designs be damned. PGI is never going to chance a lawsuit because they cannot afford to. The expense of a lawsuit simply outweighs any immediate benefits of selling those mechs.

In fact, PGI had previously shown them different reseen designs than original looks, but HG simply said no. There is no way PGI is going to do anything about the Macross unseen unless it is backed by MS or at least have some initial success in Steam release.

Edited by El Bandito, 27 June 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#35 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostCathy, on 27 June 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Should I scream and rant and make veiled threats, and call the people elitist trash, because I don't have them.

Nope, because I'd just look stupid and make myself look an cretinous dictator for wanting, a democratic vote, over thrown, because I didn't like the result.

I hear, North Korea, is a nice place and is probably better suited to those that think the vote should be over turned.

But don't worry as I'm sure that P.G.I will run this vote every year or so, until they get a yes vote, or just make the target so high it can't be achieved to have the vote, and it will just go down as yet another P.G.I exclusive.

When people vote when fueled on anger, or out of spite or greed, as some people did during the Phoenix poll over the TBR/SCR nerfs, then it is up to people who voted with a clear mind to call that vote into question, that is also part of the democratic process.

If those changes to the TBR/SCR had been pushed off until, say a week after, it's entirely possible that the poll could have ended in a tie, or a win.

If we blindly follow along with a decision, regardless of how that decision was made, we're no better than sheep. I'm not a sheep, are you?

For whatever reason, a good portion of the MWO community missed out on the Phoenix mechs the first time around, so when this poll came along, I'm willing to bet a lot of people thought that PGI was trying to do the right thing. Both sides were at fault when it came to the insults being thrown around, but the whole argument about 'holding PGI to its word' is the biggest load of bologna I've seen.

As I've said before, where was all this 'righteous indignation' over other decisions PGI has made that the players didn't agree with?

IGP was still running the show during the original Phoenix run, so they were the ones that cooked up the whole 'exclusive' 'never to be sold again' BS. Now that PGI has been free from them for what, more than a year, almost two years, they shouldn't have to abide by that anymore.

#36 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

View Post1453 R, on 26 June 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

OH, THE IRONY!

That really isn't irony.
Stop using song lyrics are your dictionary.
And maybe build a little fence around this 20+ year old legal issue, put a little stile in in, and then get over it.

#37 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 27 June 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

When people vote when fueled on anger, or out of spite or greed, as some people did during the Phoenix poll over the TBR/SCR nerfs, then it is up to people who voted with a clear mind to call that vote into question, that is also part of the democratic process.

If those changes to the TBR/SCR had been pushed off until, say a week after, it's entirely possible that the poll could have ended in a tie, or a win.

If we blindly follow along with a decision, regardless of how that decision was made, we're no better than sheep. I'm not a sheep, are you?

For whatever reason, a good portion of the MWO community missed out on the Phoenix mechs the first time around, so when this poll came along, I'm willing to bet a lot of people thought that PGI was trying to do the right thing. Both sides were at fault when it came to the insults being thrown around, but the whole argument about 'holding PGI to its word' is the biggest load of bologna I've seen.

As I've said before, where was all this 'righteous indignation' over other decisions PGI has made that the players didn't agree with?

Actually, there have been plenty of threads and posts by many people calling PGI out for stuff they've done, you just don't see it because it doesn't matter to you since you can't get something someone else has and you don't out of it by whining and crying about it.

You keep saying that insults were hurled by both sides, yet in this thread you are the only one calling people names, in almost every post in fact, so much for education equating to intelligence I suppose.

Nobody in here is to blame for you not having a job when the Phoenix pack was released except for you........Mc Donalds is ALWAYS hiring, if it mattered that much to you then you could have pulled a few shifts there. Stop whining, stop insulting people and grow the hell up.

#38 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostR Razor, on 27 June 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Actually, there have been plenty of threads and posts by many people calling PGI out for stuff they've done, you just don't see it because it doesn't matter to you since you can't get something someone else has and you don't out of it by whining and crying about it.

Or, more likely those particular threads are buried under thousands of threads and posts since that time. Check my forum profile join date, I've been here a year and a half, well after most of these incidents even occurred.

You keep saying that insults were hurled by both sides, yet in this thread you are the only one calling people names, in almost every post in fact, so much for education equating to intelligence I suppose.

I suggest you go back through this thread and look very, very carefully at all my posts. I've made a total of 8 posts in this thread, and in only 2 of them have I ever actually called anyone anything. And one of those posts was a comment about Harmony Gold, not the people on the forums here, so that brings it down to 1 post about the Phoenix owners who said no on the poll.

Nobody in here is to blame for you not having a job when the Phoenix pack was released except for you........Mc Donalds is ALWAYS hiring, if it mattered that much to you then you could have pulled a few shifts there. Stop whining, stop insulting people and grow the hell up.

I was in college in order to get a job that is frankly worlds apart from McD's. I did have a job at the time, however all, and I mean ALL my money was going towards college, and, as I've said before, I did not even know about it at the time, so I did not get a fair shot at it.

And, frankly, I've always believed that people who tell other people to 'grow up' over anything, oddly have a lot of growing up to do themselves.

#39 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

We won't see the Unseen, HG sues at the mere thought of them being used by someone else, doesn't matter if they can win or not, they sue and sue and sue.

MW3 and MW4, please notice the distinct LACK of anything Unseen in those games, both put out while MS owned and controlled the IP, even MICROSOFT didn't want to deal with the legal bs that HG pulls about this particular issue.

Now, if MicroSoft didn't want to do that back when they could ignore lawsuits by COUNTRIES, what makes you think it's even remotely a good idea for PGI to try it now?

#40 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

View Post1453 R, on 26 June 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

Phoenix Overlord here, Lyoto. Try again :P

'Course I've had that argument a hundred times already, no need to rehash it here. Especially with the possibility of superior IIC editions of those old Phoenix classics on the table.

Posted Image

Give me my Warhammer and Marauder and we'll forget this silly Phoenix pack thing ever happened.

View PostAlan Davion, on 26 June 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

Dude, you really need to read better. He didn't specify whether it was the original Phoenix mechs, or the Macross mechs.

He just said 'future' which could frankly mean either, and really, if holding PGI to its word was so bloody important, why weren't people burning down the forums over all the other decisions PGI has made that people didn't agree with?

3rd person mode for example. I hear there was quite a stink over that. Where were you all then to hold PGI to it's word then?

Honestly, you people who said no to the Phoenix mechs, you need to let it go just as much as you tell people like me to let it go. The more you get all huffed up about it, the more people are going to keep poking the subject.

1) There was a huge furor over 3rd person and they put it in anyways. Not sure what the playerbase could have done there but I'm open to suggestions.

2) Which mechs from Macross exactly were in the Phoenix pack?

View PostFlash Frame, on 27 June 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

I want to touch on the, well frankly stupidity of this for a second.

Outside of Founders, the Phoenix pack is the only pack not still being sold.

Founders mechs not being sold makes sense, as Founders pack was a pre-release pack for people involved, or wanting to be involved, with closed beta. then open beta after.

Phoenix, as a pack, were promised exclusive content for the sale [preorder bonus's like every other pack]... no where in the discussion was it said that the entirety of the pack would be limited time, only the preorder bonus content.

Where as Founder's were told flat out, that the founders event on the whole would last a limited time.

I find it funny how, absolutely hateful and spiteful the Phoenix owners have been over this entire thing, when the only "Exclusives" you guys got, were like, the warhorns and all. The rest of it was never really ment to be timed, and it just makes your pack look archaic when Clan wave 1 is still being sold.

So basically, you just want to keep PGI from making more money off the Phoenix pack... cute.

I don't see how there is any stupidity at all in reference to my post. I personally don't care if they re-release the Phoenix pack as a whole. Give the mechs a different designation (PR or something) and keep the custom geometry and badges off limits and I'd be fine with it...not exactly much work involved. Hell, give the Phoenix Rising pack a second set of badges and colors if you'd like. Not hard to do and would appease both groups but PGI hasn't done it.

I'd have no problem with PGI pulling all the packs from the store eventually, as you can still buy the mechs via MC or c-bills. Or they could release new packs with mechs shuffled around in the packs...or even a la carte packs by total tonnage or something. Think outside the box a little bit.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users