Any Mechwarrior Dark Age Mechs You Wish Would Somehow Find Their Way To Mw:o?

54 replies to this topic

#21 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

As far as looks go, I like the Jade Hawk, Malice, and Mangonel. I don't know the weapons layouts, as I've only ever used them in MW:DA, not in BT.

As far as performance goes, the Spirit Cat version of the Ghost was a Heat efficient monster for its point cost, whenever I played against it (my main frenemy had one, and I absolutely hated it). My main performer for my Team was the Steel Wolf Tundra Wolf. I loved that mech, especially when I Alpha Striked and nuked someone.

#22 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

Wake me up when we have Lava Cannons.

#23 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

Jupiter and the Zeus X also loved my Barry Bannson Raider Black Knight and the Battlemaster.
The nenderthal mechs to who does like a mech that has a repipped off Battlemaster arm in its hand.

The arblast mech to a light with some teeth.

#24 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 28 June 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Besides the obvious lack of variants the main thing is how PGI would introduce the new game mechanics in a way meaningful to MWO.

What is the downside to mechs that have small cockpits? What advantage are heavy duty gyros that can be used in MWO?

How would mechs like the Gotterdamerung work with a giant missile harpdoint where the head is? If the launcher was hittable the ability to aim would be a big problem for a body segment that only has a max of eighteen armor normally.

Back to you original question I would like to see:

Vulture Mk IV
Mad Cat Mk. IV
Hound
Gotterdamerung
Tian-Zong

Small cockpits lighten the tonnage of the cockpit by 1/2 ton (or was it 1/4 ton) so it would be meaningful to MWO in that way.

Heavy Gyro would mean more internal HP for your CT, meaning MG's wouldn't effect you as much and you would be able to take more of a beating in the CT before going down.

So those things would be easily translatable to MWO terms that affect things in a positive way.

Granted certain mechs can't be possible in MWO because of how they have the Crit System, aka NO split critting (sad face). If we did have proper split critting, you would be able to use an IS XL eng AND still take that AC20 in the side torso, or have an AC20 on a mech with lower arm actuators. Or be able to take a UAC or LBX 20 in the CT of a TImberwolf prime.
However they did not decide to code that in, and thus we are stuck with what we got. This is fine form a balance perspective, but it also limits certain mechs from never being able to exist in this game.

#25 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

MadDog mk IV
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.sarna.net...ulture_Mk_IV%29

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostBumbleBee, on 28 June 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Was one of my favorite dark age miniatures.

#27 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 June 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Any Mechwarrior Dark Age Mechs You Wish Would Somehow Find Their Way To Mw:o?

Can't be the Dark Age without a dose of AgroMech.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 28 June 2015 - 06:05 PM.

#28 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

hehe i have an aggro mech clix. hate that thing and love it at the same time.

#29 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

Damnit, you already hit the Lament and Hellstar. You've left me with no choice, prepare yourself for the OMEN!

Posted Image

Oh and the Wulfen too.

Posted Image

A very, very min-maxed mixtech light mech, able to rival the Arctic Cheetah even. The only weakness is that most of its stock builds have really crappy hardpoints (the Prime has 1B and 1M, for example, lulz).

#30 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

Gauntlet, the Omni-Bushwacker:

Posted Image

The Malice has a kindy derpy loadout (4 ERML + 4 LB 5-X, XL400, 100 ton assault mech), but it has a charm about it:

Posted Image

Honorable mention: Bring on the tripods!

Posted Image

Tenshi:

Posted Image

Tian-Zong:

Posted Image

Jupiter's gonna **** you up:

Posted Image

Uziel, the 50 ton poptart overlord:

Posted Image

Oh and the Night Wolf, because why not:

Posted Image

Gah I keep finding more, this time the Cygnus:

Posted Image

#31 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Uziel isn't Dark Age era though but yeah... bring it ! :)

#32 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:59 PM

The Malice would be awesome. Think of a 100 ton Jagermech.

And there is of course, the Mad Cat Mk. IV.

Posted Image

#33 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

Alot of great looking mechs. Not interested in timeline advance at all until this game has some depth, atmosphere and rock solid balanced game play.

Total respect for TT and I stick to the original TT balanced game play ideal, but seeing these mechs used somehow out of time line or as models somehow doesnt bother me a bit.

The way I see it, Mechwarrior Online has the ball now and I hope they make gains/improvements with it in all areas.(Story, gameplay etc.)

#34 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

http://www.sarna.net.../3c/Titanii.PNG

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Gauntlet, the Omni-Bushwacker:

The Malice has a kindy derpy loadout (4 ERML + 4 LB 5-X, XL400, 100 ton assault mech), but it has a charm about it:

Honorable mention: Bring on the tripods!

Tenshi:

Tian-Zong:

Jupiter's gonna **** you up:

Uziel, the 50 ton poptart overlord:

Oh and the Night Wolf, because why not:

Gah I keep finding more, this time the Cygnus:

careful, next you might find yourself saying good things about Mech Assaults designs! :P

#36 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 June 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

careful, next you might find yourself saying good things about Mech Assaults designs! :P

Wasn't the only Mechassault-specific mech the Ragnarok?

Spoiler

#37 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Wasn't the only Mechassault-specific mech the Ragnarok?

Spoiler

Specific, I believe so. But they had their "versions" of other mechs.

#38 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

I was only really exposed to the DA-era stuff by...y'know, actually playing the clix game, which I was actually remarkably good at. But while many of the 'Mechs from my old collection hold a special place in my heart, it's the toys I'd really slobber over more'n anything else.

The two tech bases are super distinct by this point, with big pools of weapons exclusive to either Sphere or Clan pilots, and a whole lot of secondary systems and extra utility stuff that could really be cool and make for some unique designs.

PPC Capacitors could help 'Mechs short on beam hardpoints make the most of their limited space - that anemic Ice Ferret or Summoner Prime might be a li'l less so with an extra five damage per shot. Heavy Lasers have some really interesting potential play - enormous damage for their weight, but could include, effectively, self-ECM drawbacks. Fire your heavy lasers? Your electronics are washed out for five seconds; no radar or advanced EW for you. Light PPCs for small 'Mechs. heavy PPCs for big 'Mechs, HAGs, rotaries, APGRs...yes I went there...and the real crazy stuff like TSEMP cannons or BattleMech Frickin' Tasers.

Not to mention all the delightfully bizarre equipment out there. Superchargers, for doing what M.A.S.C. originally did now that M.A.S.C. is an inertial dampener. So many EW options. Experimental technology out the wazoo, enough of it that I can't even remember the specific examples I used to use, outside of R.I.S.C. cards. You folks think beams are bad now? Get those R.I.S.C. Hyper Lasers out there - think cERLL with 1200 optimal before TC or modules and 16-damage burn, but with an Ultra-like fizzle chance. Make for some interesting moments, even though it's outrageously non-canonical and thus never going to happen.

We need more toys. I DEMAND MORE TOYS.

#39 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Give me a golden Omega

#40 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

Well, the Gunslinger has already been mentioned. Other than that, the ones I like the most are sadly probably not very popular, and/or we'll just plain never be able to see.

Gun:
This thing is a tiny little Argus-like Fire Support Light mech that runs around with a Plasma Rifle. What's not to love? Also, the design already has the "feel" of an MWO mech. Sadly, it probably wouldn't translate to MWO well because of the fact that it's a 20 ton omnimech running under 100kph. Maybe if it was unlocked as just a standard Battlemech w/o Omnipods? I could live with that.
Posted Image

Sarath:
I know we'll never see it in MWO, but I don't care. I can dream. It's a beastly, angry quad-mech that mauls you with withering firepower as it closes in, then rips mechs apart with it's monstrous melee capabilities. Also, it has the "B" configuration, which is a Pyro's dream with a Plasma Rifle and 4x ER Flamers (on top of other weapons). Sadly between the Quad Mech facets, the TSM, the Melee, and the Turret, it's a dead ringer to never be seen in MWO.
Posted Image

Lastly, I know it's not introduced in the Dark Ages, but it's still being mass produced and going strong, even into the latest eras of Battletech -
Wasp:
This glorious little bug is a quick, agile, JJ loaded SOB that eventually gets Stealth Technology and other advanced goodies to keep it relevant and receiving new variants all the way to the dark ages. Also, the Primitive variant's new artwork is just beautiful (so is the corresponding mini). This artwork could be used as a basis for a drop dead gorgeous MWO version of the mech. Who needs to copy the old unseen design when you've got artwork like this?
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users