BattleMechs

229 replies to this topic

#121 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

To be fair, the Owens is basically a glorified TAG carrier. Strider has no excuse.

I just want the ones I mentioned, plus the Clan knock-offs. The knock-offs, purely for trolling purposes.

#122 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

There is only one Mech I want, and have always wanted.

Bushwacker.

-ST

#123 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 01 July 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

There is only one Mech I want, and have always wanted.

Bushwacker.

-ST

I might be opening Pandora's box but, if you look at the Bushwhacker in MWO, it probably won't be very good.

#124 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:02 PM

Ok, if I were to dream, and dream BIG, then the very first mech I want to see in the next pack is the Wasp. Granted, I know it's "unseen", but have you seen the new "reseen" artwork for the primitive variant? Not to mention the fact that it has enough variants to make it an amazingly versatile little light mech. MWO could make an exceptionally gorgeous and functional mech off of this:

The "Primitive" Wasp
Posted Image
Screw Harmony Gold's artwork . . . this thing is one sweet looking mech.

-The 1A gives us a very solid starting variant with energies in the arm and missiles in the torso.
-The 1D or 1S (upgrade of the 1D) gives us a nice energy carrying version with the hardpoints in good locations.
-The 1K gives us a ballistic carrying variant.
-The 1W gives us a massive energy boat.
-The 3S, while technically out of timeline, is buildable and gives us an ECM variant.
-The 3A, while also out of timeline, is buildable (you literally just plug in 2 standard jump jets per "improved" TT version . . . they're double weight and crits, so it converts perfectly) and gives us another mech capable of jumping like the Spider 5V.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, seeing as though that mech is probably not going to happen, my wishlist for the next IS mech pack would look something like this:

Light: Mongoose - An energy toting, electronic warfare carrying, extremely fast scout mech. The 66 or 66b, 69, and 70 variants all add unique facets to the mech; and they are available in timeline. If you want to stretch the timeline a little bit you could add the 76 to carry MASC and ECM.

Medium: Clint - A mech for the 40 ton weight bracket that is the antithesis of the Cicada. While the "standard" 2-3T gives us a well rounded ballistic mech, the 2-3U gives us a heavy hitting energy punch, and other variants either exemplify more energy versatility or heavier hitting ballistic power. I'd also love to see the eventual inclusion of the 2-3UL, which carries a Plasma Rifle as a primary weapon.

Heavy: Crossbow - This mech does what the Quickdraw and Dragon aren't able to do. The Crossbow actually dedicates itself to missile-support, while still carrying respectable amounts of other weapons. The hardpoints and various configurations also allow for the mech to also be a close range missile-brawler that still has respectable backup weapons. The 6B and X supply good variants to start with, and the 9A (not available due to IS SSRM6's) can be used to make an apocryphal SRM Brawling Mech by PGI.

Assault: Thug - The Thug is just a flat out solid assault mech. Granted, between the available variants there is very little differentiation. However, they are all solid performers, the mech has a relatively unique look, the hardpoint locations allow for great flexibility to create more unique feeling variants, and the chassis is eventually opened up for ECM, so it wouldn't be beyond reasoning that one current variant could be given ECM to help differentiate them (especially since the ECM variant only gives up armor and ammunition to sneak it into the chassis).

Edited by Sereglach, 01 July 2015 - 09:03 PM.

#125 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

Warhammer. Was in the trailer, looked Awesome great (sorry, terrible pun, i know). Has the benefits of having many availible variants and being a possible IIC candidate for the future.

#126 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

View Postgloowa, on 01 July 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

Warhammer. Was in the trailer, looked Awesome great (sorry, terrible pun, i know). Has the benefits of having many availible variants and being a possible IIC candidate for the future.

Unless you're willing to accept reseen, the Hammerhands or Battleaxe are the closest you'll get to the Warhammer.

#127 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostSereglach, on 01 July 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

Ok, if I were to dream, and dream BIG, then the very first mech I want to see in the next pack is the Wasp. Granted, I know it's "unseen", but have you seen the new "reseen" artwork for the primitive variant? Not to mention the fact that it has enough variants to make it an amazingly versatile little light mech. MWO could make an exceptionally gorgeous and functional mech off of this:

The "Primitive" Wasp
Posted Image
Screw Harmony Gold's artwork . . . this thing is one sweet looking mech.

-The 1A gives us a very solid starting variant with energies in the arm and missiles in the torso.
-The 1D or 1S (upgrade of the 1D) gives us a nice energy carrying version with the hardpoints in good locations.
-The 1K gives us a ballistic carrying variant.
-The 1W gives us a massive energy boat.
-The 3S, while technically out of timeline, is buildable and gives us an ECM variant.
-The 3A, while also out of timeline, is buildable (you literally just plug in 2 standard jump jets per "improved" TT version . . . they're double weight and crits, so it converts perfectly) and gives us another mech capable of jumping like the Spider 5V.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, seeing as though that mech is probably not going to happen, my wishlist for the next IS mech pack would look something like this:

Light: Mongoose - An energy toting, electronic warfare carrying, extremely fast scout mech. The 66 or 66b, 69, and 70 variants all add unique facets to the mech; and they are available in timeline. If you want to stretch the timeline a little bit you could add the 76 to carry MASC and ECM.

Medium: Clint - A mech for the 40 ton weight bracket that is the antithesis of the Cicada. While the "standard" 2-3T gives us a well rounded ballistic mech, the 2-3U gives us a heavy hitting energy punch, and other variants either exemplify more energy versatility or heavier hitting ballistic power. I'd also love to see the eventual inclusion of the 2-3UL, which carries a Plasma Rifle as a primary weapon.

Heavy: Crossbow - This mech does what the Quickdraw and Dragon aren't able to do. The Crossbow actually dedicates itself to missile-support, while still carrying respectable amounts of other weapons. The hardpoints and various configurations also allow for the mech to also be a close range missile-brawler that still has respectable backup weapons. The 6B and X supply good variants to start with, and the 9A (not available due to IS SSRM6's) can be used to make an apocryphal SRM Brawling Mech by PGI.

Assault: Thug - The Thug is just a flat out solid assault mech. Granted, between the available variants there is very little differentiation. However, they are all solid performers, the mech has a relatively unique look, the hardpoint locations allow for great flexibility to create more unique feeling variants, and the chassis is eventually opened up for ECM, so it wouldn't be beyond reasoning that one current variant could be given ECM to help differentiate them (especially since the ECM variant only gives up armor and ammunition to sneak it into the chassis).

The Crossbow looks interesting.

New pack! Javelin, Assassin, Crossbow & the Longbow so we can BRING ALL THE MISSILES!!!!!

Okay... I'm tired, I'll stop.

#128 Prototype11

Rookie

• Senior Sergeant Major
  • Senior Sergeant Major
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

Don't know why you want the annihilator. It would suffer worse mobility problems than the dire wolf. It's literally a walking turret.

#129 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostCrisco1176, on 02 July 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Don't know why you want the annihilator. It would suffer worse mobility problems than the dire wolf. It's literally a walking turret.

A *BARELY* walking turret.
With a max engine size of 240 and top speed of 42.7 (with speed-tweak).

Direwolf could literally run circles around it.

Eh, i'd still want it though.
Not as much as i want the Vulcan, though.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 02 July 2015 - 03:40 AM.

#130 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:43 AM

I mainly want it for the hilarity of hitting some poor light with all that dakka. But I do agree, there are better options.

#131 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

I'd be remiss if I didn't further my personal crusade for the Hammerhands...

Yes, I know I'm beating a horse. :P

#132 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostDaZur, on 02 July 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

I'd be remiss if I didn't further my personal crusade for the Hammerhands...

Yes, I know I'm beating a horse. :P

Haha, I want the HMH as well. It's one of those mechs Pgi would make a bunch of money off of.

#133 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 02 July 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Haha, I want the HMH as well. It's one of those mechs Pgi would make a bunch of money off of.

Though, it would need a max engine limit increase, because i think with the current MWO engine size rules, its limit would be 270. Which would lead to a pathetic speed limit of 58 kph (64 when speed-tweaked).
I'd still love it though. I think it's a nice design.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 02 July 2015 - 07:18 AM.

#134 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 02 July 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

Though, it would need a max engine limit increase, because i think with the current MWO engine size rules, its limit would be 270. Which would lead to a pathetic speed limit of 58 kph (64 when speed-tweaked).

Quite true, it'd need the UM treatment. Plus if you added a Wham variant (280 stock) that'd also help.

#135 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:06 AM

Give me the damn RAKSHASA

#136 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 02 July 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

Meh... If I looked that good stomping around at 58/64 kph... I'd learn to live with it. :P

#137 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostcSand, on 02 July 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

Give me the damn RAKSHASA

If it does come on board with PGI I can only hope Alex can do something better with the TRO representation... To me it looks like a bad Lego version of the TImber. ^_^

#138 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

http://i290.photobuc...b2.jpg~originalif PGI makes a Thug I hope it looks like this!

Edited by SgtMagor, 02 July 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#139 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

We need the Hammer and the Anvil.

#140 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostCrisco1176, on 02 July 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

You mean like the Urbanmech? Oh, wait, it can go over 100kph in MWO, hmmm...

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users