Yo - Big Boy!

11 replies to this topic

#1 moq

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:56 AM

Yo - big boy ...
Mind those big old feet of yours!

As a 25 tonne battlemech most heavy - assault battlemechs have more leg armor than I have on the whole of my mist lynx .

PLEASE . . . PLEASE . . . PLEASE . . .
be a little more cautious at start off, I'l take care of my self during the rest of the match.

Many thanks . . .

#2 oneproduct

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

Bumping into a bigger mech probably takes off a fraction of a single point of armor. It's really nothing to be concerned about except for the OCD of seeing damage on your paperdoll.

Of course it doesn't hurt to avoid bumping, but it's hardly anything to worry about.

#3 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:04 AM

Yo small guy! It's bad enough my cat runs around and through my feet when I try to walk IRL, I don't need 25 ton lights doing the same in this game. Don't be my cat :).

In all seriousness, I don't pilot an assault too often, but when I do, there are times I can't see a light that has spawned in front of me due to the huge disparity in size. A light often and easily disappears below the cockpit sight line.

I'm also sure lights like to run through the pack of spawned mechs also blindly cutting off other mechs and occasionally running into them as well. I know, I have done it a couple times on accident as well.

Ideally, mechs wouldn't be spawned as tightly grouped together as they are on dome maps. If things were spread out a bit, these accidents would happen a lot less.

So, in the mean time, all mechs of all sizes should be a bit more observant to try and avoid accidents. However, because of the tight spawning, we also need to be a bit more forgiving too.

#4 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:04 AM

knockouts, are still disabled or ?

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:50 AM

lol, hey small guy! Please be aware that my assault mechs handle like they're carrying a bus full of anvils pregnant with baby anvils to a pregnant anvil support group, through molasses.

As I register that you're hurtling towards me, my mech may have committed a stunning 3° turn before the *plink* of our contact even makes it's way to my ponderous brain.

#6 moq

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 01 July 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

So, in the mean time, all mechs of all sizes should be a bit more observant to try and avoid accidents. However, because of the tight spawning, we also need to be a bit more forgiving too.

Sign me up . . .

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:56 AM

View Postmoq, on 01 July 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

Yo - big boy ...
Mind those big old feet of yours!

As a 25 tonne battlemech most heavy - assault battlemechs have more leg armor than I have on the whole of my mist lynx .

PLEASE . . . PLEASE . . . PLEASE . . .
be a little more cautious at start off, I'l take care of my self during the rest of the match.

Many thanks . . .

Also be mindful that you ARE tiny and hard to see, So be as good as you can be at getting away from my slow plodding hippo feet as your fast ride can.

#8 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

Direwolves have the right of way.

#9 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 01 July 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

Direwolves have the right of way.

#10 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

I find the real problem to be 'Mechs walking up behind me when I'm trying to ridge or corner hump. It's like, "WTF, mate? DO you not see me shooting from this spot and trying to not get shot?"

This isn't even a smalls vs. bigs thing, but it is a lot worse when you are a small because then you get stuck having to tank incoming fire that you can't sustain. :(

#11 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 July 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

I find the real problem to be 'Mechs walking up behind me when I'm trying to ridge or corner hump. It's like, "WTF, mate? DO you not see me shooting from this spot and trying to not get shot?"

This isn't even a smalls vs. bigs thing, but it is a lot worse when you are a small because then you get stuck having to tank incoming fire that you can't sustain. :(

Mech etiquette 101: never stand behind someone who is backing up. I hope they put this in a tutorial some day.

#12 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 July 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

ye, dw buldozer and atlas, stay behind you, in tiny place. Then you are toast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users