- - - - -

Advice: Agile Lrm Platform?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

A lot of these 'Mechs and their variants are good choices, but the thing that most people forget is that with every LRM boat 'Mech, it is always always wise to have at LEAST 1 laser weapon, even if it is just a small laser. Do you remember the last time you were in an LRM boat 'Mech only to do nothing but die when an enemy gets right in your face?

#22 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:55 AM

@ Leif Tanner: I don't know,the only reason for lrm mechs is more or less getting dmg points in those horrible weekend events.
If you actually want to be a usefull asset you use either Dakka, Gauss and PPC or SRM and heavy AC for brawling.

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:05 AM

My first highly mobile LRM platform... was a Jenner.
A few medium lasers (sometimes small pulse lasers) and twin LRM-5s or an LRM-10.

This was waaaaaaay back in the day though. There's likely far better ones out there. (Mind you this build uses a standard engine and was made before XL engines were put into MWO; that or when XL engines were far too cost ineffective from a then repair-and-rearm standpoint to be a good investment on a light mech. No R&R currently.)

Edited by Koniving, 01 July 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#24 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

TBT-3C if you want speed. It is extremely agile. I run mine with a 340XL engine.

#25 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 01 July 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

@ Leif Tanner: I don't know,the only reason for lrm mechs is more or less getting dmg points in those horrible weekend events.
If you actually want to be a usefull asset you use either Dakka, Gauss and PPC or SRM and heavy AC for brawling.

You can be a useful asset with just a pair of LRMs plus other weapons on the right Mech.

#26 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

1.) Hunchback HBK-4J. Quite fast and very deadly. Dual LRM/10 with weapon modifiers make wonders. Enough space for decent secondary weapons. Best choice in current meta.
2.) Trebuchet TBT-3M. Decent mobility, has jump-jets, but uses larger launchers, thus lack both hardpoints and tonnage for anything above a pair of mediums. Requires risky armor reduction to allocate sufficient amount of ammo. So in the end you'll have to choose between armor, secondary weapons and LRM ammunition, which is up to you.
3.) Griffin GRF-1N. Great mobility, has jump-jets. LRM20+NARC and handful of Medium lasers for support. Quite powerful, but benefits the most when used against Assaults due to LRM/20 accuracy. Structurually perfect for the brawling, thus you can do some serious work even when your LRM ammo is depleted.

Everything lighter than those three is not an LRM boat. Everything heavier is not "agile", and in most cases barely pays off the tonnage it occupies.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users