4 replies to this topic

#1 Rolan26

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 36 posts
  • LocationA tiny dot in SEA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Okay, i did a search in the suggestion forum and i think i didn't see anyone made a thread for this.

A while back I saw some ppl complaining about the unfairness of the Founders' program, cause PGI is making ppl buy into the game before they even had a chance to try it in demo/beta.

So why not have an alternative pre-order program for ppl to buy during open beta till launch? It could be something like Elite and Veteran package (w/o the founders' tags and mechs), and ppl who buy it still get value for it because of the additional in-game currency and premium account costs.

And if ppl really want the cbill bonus for their favourite mechs, perhaps PGI can sell a different set of 4 mechs for in game currency. That way, founders and non-founders can get them. And nobody will complain...

... I think.

#2 Deadguy

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

In order to have a pre-order... Wouldn't they have to charge for the game? This game is F2P... Anyone who wanted to pre-order a free game would just sign up.
It seems to me that you are asking for the founders program during open beta... Anyway you look at it, you could just dump some cash into your account and get c-bills and premium status. You might not get the founders 'mech but, you can outfit a mean 'mech to combat the founders with a little investment.

Edited by Deadguy, 06 July 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#3 Rolan26

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 36 posts
  • LocationA tiny dot in SEA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

I meant pre-order as in a typical game, you pre-order to get bonuses. In this case, you preorder MWO to get some extra value than what you would have receive after the game is launched. And my suggestion was this preorder is between open beta and launch, and where ppl can play the game and judge for themselves. The founders' program offer would have ended on Aug 6 before open beta even starts

#4 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

For people that do not want to buy a founders pack they can use the in game store to buy stuff once the game goes live at regular cost. The founders are getting a bonus for supporting the creation of the game. You know giving it its seed money to get off the ground. If you do not have faith in spending before you have access wait tell live to buy anything. The only things people that buy founders packs get that no one else are, is the early access and the cbill bonus on founders mechs.

#5 Bansheedragon75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Rolan26.

You seem to be missing one very important part of information about the release of this game.
As Deadguy stated, in order to be able to pre-order a game it would mean that you would have to pay for the game.
This is not like a traditional MMO where you need to buy the game to play it, here you dont need to pay anything to play the game which is why there is no pre-order.

This game is Free to Play, which means all you have to do is sign up and then you can download the game and play absolutely free.
There is no pre-order as there are nothing to buy, you dont have to pay a single cent/penny to play the game ever if you dont want to.

The founder package are for those who want to pay something up front to support the game and its development, and the ingame items and bonuses they get are a bonus for supporting the game in this way.
Anyone can get the founders package, though I think the main target group was the long time MW/BT players and fans who are willing to pay up front for the creation of the game they love.

Edited by Dragonlord, 06 July 2012 - 03:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users