Hey Hey Hey!

20 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

River city looks F&%kin amazing!! You forum warriors need to be nicer to PGI. These guys are putting in a good effort. I really think this game will be something amazing in the next 6 months. Keep it up PGI!

Dev Vlog #12: Watch!

https://www.youtube....uk#action=share

Edited by DjPush, 01 July 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#2 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

I'm wondering if the New River City would be a good arena for brawler, striker, or light 'Mechs. You still have to cross the open river to get across though.

#3 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

Personally I have no problem giving PGI props when they do something good or calling them out when I think they screwed something up. RC redux does indeed look great so far, can't wait to play it.

Also, is Ryan drinking whiskey at work in that video?

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Ya the last couple Devlogs have been good.

#5 ilikerice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 01 July 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

Also, is Ryan drinking whiskey at work in that video?

I saw that too. Definitely a boss move right there.

#6 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:15 AM

It's no wonder these guys get nothing done. I'd be worthless in an office environment with the cute chickies running around.

#7 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

View Postlordtzar, on 01 July 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

It's no wonder these guys get nothing done. I'd be worthless in an office environment with the cute chickies running around.

Or would you be motivated to be even MORE productive to show how good you are at your job....

Ryan is probably not drinking whiskey, if he was, the landscapes would be a LOT more fun!

Edited by Kristov Kerensky, 01 July 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#8 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Indeed. Can't wait to play the map!

PGI has done a huge learning process and are willing to improve their work and pricing (judging by the new mech pack) and with the upcoming EU and Oz servers I'm willing to put more money on this. Good job!

Now if we get some of the weapons fixed things would be awesome ;)

#9 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 01 July 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Or would you be motivated to be even MORE productive to show how good you are at your job....

Ryan is probably not drinking whiskey, if he was, the landscapes would be a LOT more fun!

Actually whiskey at the PGI offices would explain a lot, lol.

#10 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 01 July 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

I'm wondering if the New River City would be a good arena for brawler, striker, or light 'Mechs. You still have to cross the open river to get across though.

Yeah, but it looks like there are more defensive and offensive options than "ring around the rosie" or... ring around the big thing in the middle, got stuck on the statues and blown to bits... well, I can't rhyme, but the point is, there look to be more tactical options in this one. Maybe you can steer a group towards an area that suits your playstyle if you offer very clear and concise orders at the start, backed up by map commands and an oddly compelling mech dance like bees do.

Plus, not starting in weapons range of each other is always a bonus.

#11 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 01 July 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

They said they were adding some boulders to the river near where they Citadel area bridge crosses over.

View PostLostdragon, on 01 July 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Actually whiskey at the PGI offices would explain a lot, lol.

I've said before that PGI makes promises like a happy drunk, and then the next day when they sober up they're like, "Wait, I said I'd do WHAT?!"

#12 Aim64C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostDjPush, on 01 July 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

River city looks F&%kin amazing!! You forum warriors need to be nicer to PGI. These guys are putting in a good effort. I really think this game will be something amazing in the next 6 months. Keep it up PGI!

PGI has always been a very good subcontracting art studio.

They've been very consistent in their ability to develop shiny things.

Frankly, someone who knows how to build a functioning environment for those shiny things to be played with should be contacted and brought in.

As for the actual design of the map...

None of the maps, so far, have offered much in the way of tactical diversity. Engagements tend to happen in pretty much the same place consistently - unless teams go out of their way to do something completely off the walls or just plays "rally around rambo" to end up somewhere different than where they'd normally go.

Strangely enough, rallying around rambo seems to be more effective than what normally happens. Though that's not any kind of serious study on my part.

Unless drop points are made to be considerably more random, or some bonus objectives are thrown into some of the maps to make it more important to deviate from forming a single mass of metal... there's a lot of completely irrelevant real-estate in most of the maps, today.

It's hard to believe that will be any different in a new map, as part of it is inherent to the design of the game that rewards teams for forming an overwhelming stomping party as opposed to working as a concerted but distributed force (a reason to have the distinction of lances).

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,908 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

i have nothing against the graphics team. programming staff's performance on the other hand leaves something to be desired.

#14 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Definitely looks like a huge improvement. I guess my overly critical side is worried they still haven't worked out how to make believable maps at this scale (those buildings and obstacles still look conveniently scaled to act as cover for 'mechs), but ultimately it looks like a massive step up and promises good things for the future.

#15 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostAim64C, on 01 July 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

PGI has always been a very good subcontracting art studio.

They've been very consistent in their ability to develop shiny things.

Frankly, someone who knows how to build a functioning environment for those shiny things to be played with should be contacted and brought in.

As for the actual design of the map...

None of the maps, so far, have offered much in the way of tactical diversity. Engagements tend to happen in pretty much the same place consistently - unless teams go out of their way to do something completely off the walls or just plays "rally around rambo" to end up somewhere different than where they'd normally go.

Strangely enough, rallying around rambo seems to be more effective than what normally happens. Though that's not any kind of serious study on my part.

Unless drop points are made to be considerably more random, or some bonus objectives are thrown into some of the maps to make it more important to deviate from forming a single mass of metal... there's a lot of completely irrelevant real-estate in most of the maps, today.

It's hard to believe that will be any different in a new map, as part of it is inherent to the design of the game that rewards teams for forming an overwhelming stomping party as opposed to working as a concerted but distributed force (a reason to have the distinction of lances).

That is what I see on Forest Colony a few times, people rush water on either side and they can flank the hell out of the back line assaults.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:40 AM

Please please please dont FOG the map up! I have pretty damn good eyesight for being 49... MW:O makes me feel frigging blind!

#17 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:53 AM

"No, I'm not drinking booze here. Are you nuts? I'm at work!"

"Now, please look at this straight road I just made"
Posted Image

#18 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:02 AM

Insert typical nerdy gamer response about how gorgeous Tina is :wub:

River City II looks pretty nice too :lol:

#19 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:08 AM

"For sure, for sure!" (just a little dig at Viona, it can be hard to mix up the phrases you use, especially when English is not your first language) ;)

#20 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...-with-the-devs/

Nuff said..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users