13 replies to this topic

#1 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

for the love of god, can we please have a 'full reverse' key? there's a '100% throttle' key, and i highly doubt most people use any of the other throttle keys. who uses the '20% throttle' key? and if there's a '60% throttle' key, then why isn't there a '60% reverse throttle' key"?

inverse works, but in order to KNOW i'm going to go in reverse in the heat of battle i need to press '100% throttle', then 'inverse' - why can't i just press 1 key to do the same thing? in the heat of battle sometimes i want to press a key several times to desperately make sure my mech is going to perform the action i REALLY need it to do. that course of action doesn't work if i use 'inverse' lol

'full reverse' key please.

Edited by JagdFlanker, 02 July 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#2 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

i personally have no problems using throttle decay, it makes you control your mech more precisely anyway and removes all the need in those 100% throttle keys unless you want to type on a march

also let's see your view counter (see http://mwomercs.com/...he-recycle-bin/)

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 23 July 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#3 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Yep a full reverse would be a great addition. Along with TAG toggle and Gauss auto fire option!!

Edited by Johnny Z, 23 July 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#4 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:38 AM

Aaaaaam.... I thought that kind of key allready exists? (reverse throttle). When you on 100% throttle, reverse it, and it goes 100% speed backwards? :unsure:

#5 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:03 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 24 July 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

Aaaaaam.... I thought that kind of key allready exists? (reverse throttle). When you on 100% throttle, reverse it, and it goes 100% speed backwards? :unsure:

No. I want one single button that is 100% negative throttle. I completely support the OPs sentiment here.

#6 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:44 AM

inverse works on fast mechs, but when i'm leveling a slow assault it takes sooooo long for the mech to do the switch (during basic'ing especially) i can never tell in the heat of battle whether the mech is going to be moving forwards or backwards when i REALLY want it to go backwards - i'm much more interested at looking at my crosshair and the enemy mech than the throttle indicator. in these panic instances i like to press the button i NEED several times to make sure my mech is going to do what i want it to do. that method does NOT work with inverse throttle and on many occasions i'v ended up going forward when i wanted to reverse and have ended up dying

small detail, but throttle is a pretty basic yet very important part of mech maneuvering and the fact PGI implemented a full throttle button without a full reverse button is puzzling to me since i'd think they'd go hand in hand

Edited by JagdFlanker, 24 July 2015 - 03:44 AM.

#7 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

Full reverse would be nice

Rear view cameras even as a module that could be destroyed would be nice too

Rear Firing Auto-Weapons that shoot your team mate who is hugging your backside preventing you from backing up even better :)

#8 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 24 July 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

Full reverse would be nice

Rear view cameras even as a module that could be destroyed would be nice too

Rear Firing Auto-Weapons that shoot your team mate who is hugging your backside preventing you from backing up even better :)

Rear Firing Weapons....Its in the lore.

#9 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 02 July 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

for the love of god, can we please have a 'full reverse' key? there's a '100% throttle' key, and i highly doubt most people use any of the other throttle keys. who uses the '20% throttle' key? and if there's a '60% throttle' key, then why isn't there a '60% reverse throttle' key"?

inverse works, but in order to KNOW i'm going to go in reverse in the heat of battle i need to press '100% throttle', then 'inverse' - why can't i just press 1 key to do the same thing? in the heat of battle sometimes i want to press a key several times to desperately make sure my mech is going to perform the action i REALLY need it to do. that course of action doesn't work if i use 'inverse' lol

'full reverse' key please.

my current problem is, that this is happening to me whenever i open the battlegrid or player stats. My throttle also drops do 0% when i open a chat. I have throttle decay turned off, i can't figure it out...

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

There's already a full reverse key. On mine it is the down cursor by default.

#11 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 04 December 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

There's already a full reverse key. On mine it is the down cursor by default.

the cursor keys are supposed to let you scroll through your weapons groups so you can assign them manually in-game

i just looked in the key bindings again and there's only 3 ways of getting to full reverse throttle i can see:
inverse
(gradual) throttle down
(gradual) step throttle down

so you are saying you can press down and immediately release the arrow key once, and your mech will then go to full reverse throttle?

Edited by JagdFlanker, 04 December 2015 - 07:20 PM.

#12 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

That was a typo on my part. Full reverse is "S".

#13 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:25 AM

Would be nice to have double W as full forward, and double S as full reverse.
Can't really play with throttle decay, to much used to original controls. Besides, good when you type in chat or looking at map.
X key works fine, but on light mechs i noticed i'm slower at reverse than with throttle decay

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 05 December 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#14 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:49 AM

I believe that he wants to be able to boogie out of a kill zone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users