• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

<<<RESOLVED!! - Thanks Bobby Jubraj and Team for the help>>>

-----------------previously----------------------

Happens every time, same thing.
- I log in, I can play one game, then as soon as the round is over and I try to return to the UI area, the game crashes.

- I've tried running in 32 and 64 bit modes.
- I've tried running as administrator, and not.
- I've given the game top privelege through my router
- I've excluded it from Anti-virus, Defender, and Firewall.
- I've tried DX9 and DX11
- I've tried the repair tool with everything checked for a total restore.
- I've tried un-installing and re-installing.
- Damn, I've tried so many things... it's frustrating.

- I've got the latest Direct-X that I can run, current .NET-framework, Visual C++, Video drivers etc. (But I'll re-check versions if someone has an idea?).

- If anyone has any ideas of what else to try, or something I am overlooking, not thinking about, etc. please let me know.

Kindly,

Freebrth

Edited by Freebrth, 21 December 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#2 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

Try turning vsync on, humour me. Just for one round and let us know if you crash.

#3 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

Other games crash or just MWO?

Might be overheating? Cleaned your PC out recently? (physicially, with a can of air or w/e)

#4 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostAxeface, on 03 July 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Try turning vsync on, humour me. Just for one round and let us know if you crash.

~ Gave it a try, same thing ~ Login, play 1 round, crash on exit... (But TY for the Idea).

View PostcSand, on 03 July 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Other games crash or just MWO?

Might be overheating? Cleaned your PC out recently? (physicially, with a can of air or w/e)

~ Just MWO. I also play Fallout-3 and it runs just fine.
~ Liquid Cooled, kept fairly clean on a regular basis... (But TY, i know many peeps let their systems get dusty).

Edited by Freebrth, 03 July 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#5 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

Yeh I suggested vsync because it lowers temps. It crashes only when a game ends? Odd.

#6 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

Are you running in Window or Full Screen mode? This is often an issue for some people, so whichever you are in, switch to the other and see what happens.

If that doesn't fix it, and it's ONLY MWO that does this, I honestly don't know what to tell you, drivers updated and all like you say, then this is a job for PGI's tech support probably, they'll want some indepth diag info, check the Support forums for more info.

#7 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:58 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 03 July 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Are you running in Window or Full Screen mode? This is often an issue for some people, so whichever you are in, switch to the other and see what happens.

If that doesn't fix it, and it's ONLY MWO that does this, I honestly don't know what to tell you, drivers updated and all like you say, then this is a job for PGI's tech support probably, they'll want some indepth diag info, check the Support forums for more info.

~ I've tried all three window setting before I even started the thread: Windowed, Full Window, Full Screen ... Same, Same, Same ..... :(

But TY just the same, apreciate the ideas.

#8 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

Flash Player maybe?
Hardware Acceleration enabled or disable?
You can turn it on and of when you rightclick on a Twitch-Video for example - there does pop up a little menu where you can do it.

Did you make a fresh and clean install of your OS?

Do you use exotic DriverSettings?

Use exotic Hardware?

Is some PC-Hardware overclocked?

Do you have checked if your RAM is well and not faulty?

Did you take out, dust off an put back into the respective slots all discrete Hardware like GPU and Soundcards?

Did you the same with all cables that be attached somewhere in and to your PC and maybe change cables that look faulty?

And 1000 things more... ;)

Edited by Thorqemada, 04 July 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#9 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

My past experience with my own machine despite being well beyond recommended requirements and able to handle MW:O with ease it does NOT like anything on very high settings and crashes or freezes.

Being that (like me) it is only MW:O that is crashing it more than likely has to do with the game and not your machine. So don't go crashing your system or swapping memory just yet. I would recommend putting all video settings on low, and turning things like damage glow: off and try it. DX 9 etc..

If it survives, increase them gradually until you get to the one that is causing the crash. For me it was Textures.

I know there are 100's of reasons a game can crash, but commonly it is memory or video related and MW:O can considerably drain both. High settings tax them...a lot. Low ones do not so I'd start there.

Though I do find it odd that it only crashes at the END of the game but you have nothing to lose.

#10 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

I'd contact support, probably at : technical@mwomercs.com

Tell them what you told us, they will likely ask for logs, DXDiag and a few other things in the process. They may know or be able to isolate what the problem is by looking at the technical data. They might even have a work-around or be able to flag your issue as a bug to be corrected.

Remember, the one thing that any sort of technical support loves the most is 100% reproducibility. You apparently have that, therefore you stand a very good chance of being able to help fix that for yourself and potentially others.

Good luck.

#11 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

Under control panel -> System & Security -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

There might be a listing of the error that occurred when MWO crashed.

That could give you a better idea of what the issue is.

#12 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

Well, I'm working with Tech Support now... sadly I think they are as baffled as I am at the moment, but hopefully we will find a resolve. I'll keep everyone posted as things devolop, hopefully it'll help others as well :)

#13 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

YES!! I am back up and running ~ Finally.

- MY FIX: I broke down and upgraded to Windows 10, and BooM ~ It works just fine now. So what gives? Well, I used to run a pair of GTX260s, but then one died so I took it out. For a long time that worked fine for MWO. As the game progressed, it (at some point) decided that it did not like my Vista64, it's drivers + whatever hardware it was running. So I installed a GTX 580, and ran the 260 as phys-X. Vista handles both cards on the same driver no matter what I did. I even ran the 580 alone, same result.. crash crash crash ...

-YAY! After upgrading to Windows-10 (64bit) it started handling each card on separate drivers, so the GTX 580 has one, and the 260 has another. I am sure there are other factors at play, but MWO runs great now. So now I'm running the 580/260 combo, and it's stables, solid, and runs a little over 35 FPS average. I'm sure it's something to do with how MWO interacts with the drivers, the operating systems net management, and how those playout through the hardware. Win-10 combines it all quite well, smooth and simple, and Vista-64, being a lesser used OS seems to have way to many fixes and patches and this-n-that's to keep it propped up.

Huge shout out to Bobby Jubraj and team for many days of help with trying to fix and resolve this crazy issue. Those guys gave a lot of love, and I want peeps out there to know these guys do care ~ My Respect ^-^"

Freebrth

#14 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:05 PM

Well, that explains your recent reappearance on TS. Maybe support can figure out how to get you a new mic as well...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users