Speedy Wolvie

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bairloch

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

I noticed that the Wolverines can mount some fairly large engines and get up over 100kph. Does anyone run a speedy Wolvie setup and/or, as a theory excercise, does anyone think a speed based setup would have a place in PUG combat?

Edited by Bairloch, 03 July 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#2 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

This is a nice meta build for thr 6K that I roll that works beautifully at speed. Alternately you can downgrade the MPL to a regular ML and go with this for that extra bit of heat effiiency. Finally, you can go with this one if you just want stupid fast movement.

For the 7K, while it is about 3 kph short of 100, this build wrecks face. I actually roll mine with MPLs and do without artemis, but that's a personal choice. I would also point out that while the JJs seem like they are too numerous and that two should be removed for another heatsink or more ammo or whatever, this build is meant to literally leap into a group of enemy mechs and dance, pirouetting in mid-air to spread the damage all over the body and especially the legs. I realize the potential danger of leg-tanking with the ammo in there, which is another reason I run mine without artemis, so I can spread the ammo around the body a bit more; the legs are fully armored to keep that ammo as safe as is possible. So yeah, leap into a group of enemies, never stop moving, jump constantly, spin in mid-air, and lay down 18 points of SRM on everything that moves. MLs are meant for longer range, but can be used in such a brawl if you erally need to take that componenet out with more precision than SRMs provide. When the heat creeps up too high, chainfire and continue the dance.

Try them out, both variants are killer, and these builds work very nicely. I really don't click with the 6R, but that's just me, so I can't recommend a build for you there. Give them a try, and have fun!

#3 Bairloch

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

Thanks much Grendeldog. Anybody pilot a fast 6R? Or see a need to?

#4 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

I like the 6k with an XL345 and 3xLL 2xML.

#5 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

If you want to be a light hunter, try this one:
WVR-6K(C)

About a ton and a half short of max armor, Max Speed 121.5 kph, 5 MPL, 47% heat efficiency

If you want more range and firepower try this:
WVR-6K(C)

5 ML, 1 ASRM6 w/1t ammo. 44% heat efficiency.

Or if you want to take the most advantage of the quirks:
WVR-6K(C)

2 LL, 1 ML, 60% heat efficiency (with 1 less HS as well)

If you're happy with 103.7 kph you can do the above and zombie with your ML
WVR-6K(C)

You have a much lower heat efficiency at 51% but it's a standard engine.

#6 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

the 6K is the fastest 55 ton mech in the game with an available XL375. It also has plenty of tonnage for weaponry after the XL 375 also (16 tons I believe)
I use
4 ML (RA)
1 MPL (head)
1 ASRM6 (1-2 tons ammo)
+4 DHS and it works extremely well. Really fun to go 121 KPH with 38 Firepower in an i.s. mech, with that much armor.

Edited by DONTOR, 07 July 2015 - 10:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users