Should Omnimechs Gain A Jumpjet Upgrade? As Per Master Rules?

117 replies to this topic

#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 13 August 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

Of course it is obvious Battlemechs are better as one match 'Mechs.

Considering that there is also no down time for customizing those very same Battlemechs... :ph34r:

#22 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

Just Rewrote the whole Topic to Integrate Players ideas and Opinions,

#23 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

There are plenty of Clan mechs that need help, Mist Lynx arm size vs IS light mech arms and torso hardpoint in pods, Kit Fox size too big and needs Torso hardpoint other than mg's, Ice ferret oversized as big as a centurian, , Shadowcat needs a MASC boost to lore values and maybe another weapon hardpoint, Mr. Gargles needs armor or structure boosting is very fragile for the size of it. Summoner would be a great mech with 1 energy hardpoint per torso in a set of pods and a set of pods with less JJ's. The rest are pretty fun to play.

IS commando needs a JJ variant, Treb could use some structure boosting, Catapult, ( like the Nova ) needs a size reduction. Vindicator needs some structure boosting, Victor needs some agility restored, Awsome needs a redraw and thinned up a bit along the legs and waistline, more like the Mauler and Zeus, Atlas could use structure boosting for better tanking.

Bump the Timeline Add Bushwhacker, Mauler, Clint, and Hatamoto Chi.

Introduce some new weapon systems for both Factions and the 1st IS Omni mech.

#24 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostSaltBeef, on 13 August 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

Bump the Timeline Add...Mauler....

Resistance wave 2, Mauler is in it. Just an FYI.

#25 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Add the IMP.

#26 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

I'd love to see my beloved Crab that comes stock with two ERPPCs, an ERML and an ERSmL, with ECM and C3 Advanced.... (My favorite of the Crabs, in TT I might add.) I'll be changing one of my Crabs to that when I get them... (or as close as I can at least.)

#27 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostSaltBeef, on 13 August 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

There are plenty of Clan mechs that need help, Mist Lynx arm size vs IS light mech arms and torso hardpoint in pods, Kit Fox size too big and needs Torso hardpoint other than mg's, Ice ferret oversized as big as a centurian, , Shadowcat needs a MASC boost to lore values and maybe another weapon hardpoint, Mr. Gargles needs armor or structure boosting is very fragile for the size of it. Summoner would be a great mech with 1 energy hardpoint per torso in a set of pods and a set of pods with less JJ's. The rest are pretty fun to play.

IS commando needs a JJ variant, Treb could use some structure boosting, Catapult, ( like the Nova ) needs a size reduction. Vindicator needs some structure boosting, Victor needs some agility restored, Awsome needs a redraw and thinned up a bit along the legs and waistline, more like the Mauler and Zeus, Atlas could use structure boosting for better tanking.

Bump the Timeline Add Bushwhacker, Mauler, Clint, and Hatamoto Chi.

Introduce some new weapon systems for both Factions and the 1st IS Omni mech.

All This, but also mostly the IS OmniMechs, Understand that this isnt about ClanMechs, but All OmniMechs,
I dont want to see Any Locked weapons or Equipment(other than SHS/DHS) On Any OmniMech(IS or Clan),
Why? Because Many IS OmniMechs have Locked ML or Locked Case, thats Tonnage Players need,
This is also why i want this Upgrade for OmniMechs, it could GIve All OmniMechs an Advantage,

View PostTesunie, on 13 August 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

I'd love to see my beloved Crab that comes stock with two ERPPCs, an ERML and an ERSmL, with ECM and C3 Advanced.... (My favorite of the Crabs, in TT I might add.) I'll be changing one of my Crabs to that when I get them... (or as close as I can at least.)

That would be the CRB-30(3061), Sadly we wont get that for a wail,
but you could make that build with a normal Crab, well all but the ECM,

#28 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

This seems like a strange bizzarro world moment, most people have been complaing about removing JJ's from the underperforming mechs like the Summoner to gain additional tonnage (as well as unlocking endo) to give them the ability to mount more firepower and equipment. Now the new proposition is to instead unlock JJ's all together for all Clan mechs? So the better mechs like the Hellbringer or Stormcrow can gain jumping ability on top of what they already have going for them? I don't see how this would help the underperforming Clan chassis at all, and might be the final nail in the coffin to make them completely obsolete. With the S Timber pods you already gain JJ ability for the best heavy in the game, and now the EBJ and Hellbringer get to join the jumping party as well, which means the Summoner should just be deleted by PGI at that point.

#29 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

I just want my omnimechs to get their actual jumpjet distance since they cannot be removed.

#30 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 26 August 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

I just want my omnimechs to get their actual jumpjet distance since they cannot be removed.

i think JJ are in a good Place right now, my Nova can really Scale buildings now where before it was a Chore,
Edit-

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 26 August 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#31 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 04 July 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

I just want to Understand what type of game this is, are we folling TT? or Ignoring TT Rules?

Theyre doing both and badly

#32 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 04 July 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

No allowing all Clan mechs to jump would break the game. This is a PC game not the TT game so it tries to have the essence of battletech but tries to balance all mechs equally (IS & Clan)..

that makes no sense because currently mechs got JJ's if they had it in lore. No one ever checked this together with balance. And a MDD havign JJ's available woudl suddenly not become somehow imbalanced, especally given that the TBR and DWF already do have them.

#33 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:31 AM

The thing that is forgotten is that the clans were put in the game to revitalise the product, they were made deliberately over powered to get people buying the product again, because they wanted to play the stupidly over powered new shiny,and while it may have kept the franchise alive, it did bugger all to keep the game balanced.

The clans have been a thorn in the side of good game play ever since, causing endless exaggerated power creep, which is why as far as they go the TT is almost completely ignored, except in shape and name even with them hamstrung they are still clearly the better mechs.

#34 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostCathy, on 27 August 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

The thing that is forgotten is that the clans were put in the game to revitalise the product, they were made deliberately over powered to get people buying the product again, because they wanted to play the stupidly over powered new shiny,and while it may have kept the franchise alive, it did bugger all to keep the game balanced.

The clans have been a thorn in the side of good game play ever since, causing endless exaggerated power creep, which is why as far as they go the TT is almost completely ignored, except in shape and name even with them hamstrung they are still clearly the better mechs.

i still Feel if you take IS vs Clan out of the Equation,
BattleMech vs OmniMech, BattleMechs are better 9:10,

#35 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

Sure why not this game is going to be all clan by december anyhow so why not pimp out the omni mechs more.Besides I would love some jump jets on my storm crows or Ebon Jags. I should just sell off all my I.S. second class crap boxes for IIc versions anyhow.

#36 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

View PostLykaon, on 30 August 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Sure why not this game is going to be all clan by december anyhow so why not pimp out the omni mechs more.Besides I would love some jump jets on my storm crows or Ebon Jags. I should just sell off all my I.S. second class crap boxes for IIc versions anyhow.

Sigh, Lets not look at this as IS vs Clan, but BattleMech Vs OmniMech, Please
-
a Storm Crow with 6JJ will lose 3slots in each ST, so it can only mount 1DHS there,
also a SCR with +6JJ would have 20FreeTons, a NVA without the 4 locked DHS would have 20FreeTons,
so its no more broken than the Nova Could be if PGI allowed those 4 DHS on the NVA to be removed,
-
Now a EBJ with +5JJ & Max Armor would have 24FreeTons, a 5JJ TBR has 23FreeTons & better Armor/HitBoxes,
so i dont think a EBJ with JJ & +1Ton would be Any more Broken than a TBR-S is as it currently Stands,

#37 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

Andi, you understand that by allowing JJs on Omnimechs, it breaks all kinds of foundations for IS in their non-JJ capable mechs?

I don't see this as positive unless you are willing to address the IS portion of things in compensation.

The only "fair compensation" is to boost variants that naturally have JJs (but it would need a consequence like an increase in heat or something along those lines).

We don't need flying Stormcrows (although it was great in MW4, but it would be bad in MWO).

Hellbringers that have JJ would be a thing (although ironically there is a legit variant IIRC that has JJs for it).

Edited by Deathlike, 30 August 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#38 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 August 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Andi, you understand that by allowing JJs on Omnimechs, it breaks all kinds of foundations for IS in their non-JJ capable mechs?

I don't see this as positive unless you are willing to address the IS portion of things in compensation.

The only "fair compensation" is to boost variants that naturally have JJs (but it would need a consequence like an increase in heat or something along those lines).

We don't need flying Stormcrows (although it was great in MW4, but it would be bad in MWO).

Hellbringers that have JJ would be a thing (although ironically there is a legit variant IIRC that has JJs for it).

which is why i suggested Penalties for OmniMechs gaining JJ, and Bonuses for OMniMechs removing JJ,
if we Disregard Tech all together and Look at his in a Vacuum, BattleMech are almost Completely Superior,
-
Just because you have the option to Equip JJ doesnt mean you will, some may take them off(SMN/EXE),
-
ive already Said why a SCR wouldnt be that Much OverPowered Compared to an unlocked NVA,

if we look at it when IS gets their OmniMechs i think you will find them Inferior
Example= BJ-BattleMech vs BJ-OmniMech, Which is Better?
-
BJ BattleMech
Engines= Unlocked,
Upgrades= Unlocked,
BJ- 1=............4E,2B........8HardPoints
BJ- 1DC=.......6E,2B........8HardPoints
BJ- 1X=..........8E,0B........8HardPoints
BJ- 3=............6E,0B........6HardPoints
BJ- Arrow=.....3E,6B........9HardPoints
-
BJ OmniMech
FreeTonnage= 26.5
Speed= 64.8kph(200XL)
BJ- Prime= LA(1E 1B) ...LT(2B) ...................RT(2B) ...RA(1E 1B)
BJ- A= .......LA(1M) ........LT(1E) ...CT(1E) ...RT(1E) ...RA(1M)
BJ- B= .......LA(1B) .......................................RT(1E) ...RA(1M)
BJ- C= .......LA(1M) ........LT(1E) ...CT(1E) ...RT(1E) ...RA(1M)
BJ- D= .......LA(2E) .........LT(3E) ...CT(1E) ..................RA(2E)
-
ok this could seem pretty Balanced until you realize the Problem,
the BJ-Omni can only go 64.8Kph and only has a 200XL, so good luck with Survivability,
though it does have Enough hardpoints to compete with hardPoint inflation but not all OmniMechs do,
something has to give when it comes to OmniMechs and how their Construction is locked,

Edit-
Perhaps JJ arnt the Answer to giving OmniMechs something to help them over BattleMechs,
but what else can we change, Engine Rating? unlocking Upgrades for OmniMechs?

@Deathlike
so the Question What can we do? where can we Buff OmniMechs?

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 30 August 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#39 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

Flying Doomcrows, Ebon Slags, and Doombringers would break the game, full stop no questions.

#40 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 04 July 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

If we allowed this, then at least it should be all or nothing (people said MW4 does this but I've forgotten about it) to prevent people putting a single JJ on all of their Clan 'Mechs.

MW4 handled "equipment" very differently from how we do. MWO attempts to bridge MW4's equipment and weaponry hardpoint system, with Battletech's critical system, to mixed results.

In MW4, mechs had to worry about Tonnage and Hardpoint's [and the critical space within said hardpoints.] Hardpoints were sized... and weapons were sized, so a Large Laser, for instance, would fit in a size 4 hardpoint, but not a size 1 hardpoint. [4 crits, vs 1 crit] where as a medium or small laser would fit a size 1.

In the case of Equipment [BAP, JJ, ECM, AMS] these were check boxes you could select should that chassis have any of this equipment available, it cost tonnage, but no critical slots.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users