48 replies to this topic

#41 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:57 PM

I've been running one in my first assault, a ZEU-9S.

It's a kind of a dedicated long-range build, so it's kind of nice to have. Ideally I'd fit in even more DHS, but that'd require removing Endo, which in itself costs 4 tons, so in a sense I feel I'm getting the CC "for free". And I'd have to stuff any extra DHS in that quickly lost shield arm, and maybe up-armour it, which is not ideal either.

(I'm not really an assault pilot, but I can see the appeal ... running a damage average of 550 in this beast after completing basics, and it's hilariously tanky.)

Edited by jss78, 12 September 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#42 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:19 AM

Definitely, they are worth 1.5M C-bills when you sell it.

#43 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostBrizna, on 15 September 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

Definitely, they are worth 1.5M C-bills when you sell it.

Ummm, no. You buy one for 1M, so it'll only sell for 500k (disclaimer: I haven't checked this in game, but if it actually sells for more than the purchase price, 'scuse me while I make some money).

#44 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostTorezu, on 15 September 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Ummm, no. You buy one for 1M, so it'll only sell for 500k (disclaimer: I haven't checked this in game, but if it actually sells for more than the purchase price, 'scuse me while I make some money).

Last I checked no item sells for more than 50% of the purchase price.

#45 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 September 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Last I checked no item sells for more than 50% of the purchase price.

Exactly. So a Command Console isn't worth 1.5M when you sell it, unless you bought it for 3M, to which I would ask, why (and how, actually) did you pay 3M for a 1M item?

#46 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

View Postjss78, on 05 July 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

(As a general point, how do they make what's essentially a targeting computer weigh 3 tons using 31st century tech? Has anything beyond vacuum tubes become lostech?)

command console it's basically the whole place for a second pilot, it's a lot of additional stuff except the electronics itself, the desk with a set of controls, even its chair, lol

A Command Console is a BattleMech component that can only be added to Heavy or Assault class 'Mechs; it is too large to fit into smaller 'Mechs. The Command Console adds a complete second set of controls for a second MechWarrior (pilot) with added command and control facilities. (It should not be mixed up with the much smaller Dual Cockpit, which can be installed on any 'Mech and splits 'Mech operation between two people, a pilot and a gunner, and therefore requires both to operate the 'Mech.)
http://www.sarna.net...Command_Console

targeting computers probably include some servomotors to improve the weapon aiming etc stuff too

#47 Ray Parks

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:55 AM

Hi, maybe you can help and confirm the following:

The command console does not decrease the lock on time (time from moving the crosshairs onto the target till it turns red and you can fire guided lrm salvoes).

I have to ask because the official description only mentions the faster target info gathering, but some posts suggest a shorter lock on time. e.g. "...it helps locking ecm targets..."

Thanky you!

#48 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

View PostRay Parks, on 02 June 2016 - 12:55 AM, said:

Hi, maybe you can help and confirm the following:

The command console does not decrease the lock on time (time from moving the crosshairs onto the target till it turns red and you can fire guided lrm salvoes).

I have to ask because the official description only mentions the faster target info gathering, but some posts suggest a shorter lock on time. e.g. "...it helps locking ecm targets..."

Thanky you!

No. It doesn't do anything to Missile Lock times.

However, it can, very situationally, help you lock on to ECM targets (actually getting the lock) by extending your max lock range, which in turn extends the "doughnut" range you can get a lock on. (Every ECM, as I knew and it could have changed, has an area where you are able to get a lock through ECM, but the target will still get some effects of ECM (delayed missile lock on times).

OR! Instead of taking the CC to get a tiny window you can try to get a lock on with missiles with a longer delay, you can take an Active Probe (Beagle or Clan) and shut down a single ECM within a relatively short range...

AKA: CC can "help" get an initial lock on an ECM mech. It does not do anything to missile lock times. AP does the "counter ECM" job better. Edit: AP does the counter ECM job better, because it actually counters ECM, unlike CC.

CC's greatest strength is for snipers and brawlers. It lets you see enemy damage displays faster, and for a brawler (and sniper) it means you can find weak spots and target it sooner. For Snipers, it extends the zoom ranges a little bit, which lets you see better at ranges and be a little more accurate.

Often times, even with those benefits, CC is just not overly worth it's weight.

Edited by Tesunie, 02 June 2016 - 05:45 AM.

#49 Ray Parks

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

Thank you! :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users