10 replies to this topic

#1 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

Hi all, I've been laying MWO for about 7 weeks and bought and mastered the resistance pack. I have also used C-bills to buy 2 KCG's so far and love them! I am about to buy my third so I can master them (I already have 42k xp on the first 2 waiting).
Anyway I am thinking of trying clan mech out but don't know what t go for and I do not know how the omnipod system works. Do you buy a chasis and then have to buy omnipods and/or weapons t customize them?

Any help appreciated.

PS this with C-bills

#2 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

If you like King Crabs, you may also like Dire Wolves. Otherwise I would recommend Timber Wolf, Hellbringer, or Storm Crow.

Good Luck, and good hunting mate. ;)

#3 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostPetard, on 06 July 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

If you like King Crabs, you may also like Dire Wolves. Otherwise I would recommend Timber Wolf, Hellbringer, or Storm Crow.

Good Luck, and good hunting mate. ;)

I agree with this also Brawler mode only way to go.

#4 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

>A GOOD FIRST CLAN MECH CHASIS?

there is only one answer

Posted Image

#5 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

Dakka Whales.... uh, I mean, DIREWOLVES, are the Clan equivalent of the King Crab, but with less maneuverability.
Stormcrows are basicly the go to Medium for Clans, as nothing else can match up to them.
Hellbies have ECM.
Timberwolves are a good versatile chassis, though I personally have a very bad relationship with them.
Ebon Jaguars can basically do everything the T-wolf does bar Jumpjets, in a smaller package. A bit lighter on the tonnage though.

#6 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

Well, you obviously enjoy piloting the assault mechs, but if I may, try your hand at mastering a few mediums, even though a lot of people say they are bad, medium mechs (even Clans) pack a mean punch and can take quite a lot of punishment, as ong as you do not rush in alone and stick with your team mates at all times.
And if you decide on a medium, if yoou can, for Clan, try and go for one with ecm - it really means the difference between wvictory and defeat as long as you know how to use it properly.

#7 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

View PostThunder Child, on 06 July 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Stormcrows are basicly the go to Medium for Clans, as nothing else can match up to them.

no, they are not that strong as, say, timbers
they are go to because they are the easiest to use effectively

actually the most meta hound clan mech nowadays it's probably hellbringer (not because it's the strongest again, but one of the most useful especially in cw), but with this patch when they reverted some tbr and scr nerfs it may change again

#8 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:29 AM

View PostValkyrie73, on 06 July 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Hi all, I've been laying MWO for about 7 weeks and bought and mastered the resistance pack. I have also used C-bills to buy 2 KCG's so far and love them! I am about to buy my third so I can master them (I already have 42k xp on the first 2 waiting).
Anyway I am thinking of trying clan mech out but don't know what t go for and I do not know how the omnipod system works. Do you buy a chasis and then have to buy omnipods and/or weapons t customize them?

the Clan Mechs come with there own set of omnipods, e.g. if you buy the Adder Prime for example you would get the complete set of Adder Prime omnipods, if you want to use pods from the Adder A you can buy those pods separately in the Mechlab, just go to the omnipod tab and drag the pod you want onto the Mech, the bigger the Mech the more expensive the omnipods are, so an Adders pods are relatively cheep but a Dire Wolfs pods cost over a million cbills each.

you can leave a Mech with missing pods but you cannot use it until you have all pods fitted.

if you want to get a Clan Mech, and have worked out which omnipods you ultimately want the best bet would be to work out which one which has the most omnipods you like and buy that first, then play it with the stock pods until you can afford a second, repeat getting the one with the next "best" set of pods, and transfer your favorite pods from the first to the second, when you can afford the third do the same, this way you are not paying for the pods twice, you cannot swop the CT but any other part can be swopped out.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 07 July 2015 - 01:30 AM.

#9 Smargl

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

Stormcrow.

#10 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:22 AM

If you've not done so already, you might benefit from a trip to Smurfy (http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/), which is an online mechlab simulator (and which inspired, to a degree, the most recent ingame mechlab makeover).

Spend a few minutes making builds for the mechs you own first, so you know how it works (won't take long) then go have a play with some clan mechs. Rogue Jedi's suggestion that you buy variants based on the omnipods you think you'll use is a good one -- and you can preview the various different omnipods easily in Smurfy (although it doesn't list their cost).

One of the best and worst things about the omnipod system is that, unless you build somehow relies on centre torso hardpoints, you can make all variants of a given chassis the same. It's good, because if you find something you like, all that's stopping you is c-bills, but it can be a recipe for boredom.

#11 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostValkyrie73, on 06 July 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Any help appreciated.

PS this with C-bills

On omnipods - Each mech comes with all parts except the CT listed as an omnipod (they come as a whole "set"). The omnipods can be bought seperately as well. They work as swappable parts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users