Ring of Red

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kyuzo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

has anyone played this besides me? it came out back in 2001 in NA 2000 in Japan for the PS2 (on PSN now)

it's a turn based 3-D Mech game where they call their Mechs AFW's and for it's time i'd have to say the graphics were awesome.

Posted Image

1:39 to see battle.

you could damage the enemy's weapon and legs. later on you get troops with all kinds of ability's ranging from taking out other troops or targeting the mech itself or targeting it's legs to stop it from escaping or getting into CQC range

Edited by Kyuzo, 04 July 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#2 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hell yeah i played this game. And laughed at the name, i was 11 at the time. I'd really enjoyed Front Mission 3 before this and the isometric 2d character on a 3d map reminded me of it.

I really liked the vanguard element to it, used to pretty much always miss with the main gun. From what i remember it's like a north south divide of japan? I seem to think there's a lot of mechs superimposed into world war two videos, which i thought was awesome at the time. The only other thing i remember is that you can move forwards and backwards to put yourself at optimal range. Cool game.

I'd heard rumours they were going to release it on the PSN, but I've not seen anything on it lately, would be ace to pick up and play again.

#3 Kodiak Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationRuhr-Area, NRW, Germany

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Yeah, I played that too...great game!

#4 Kyuzo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostSears, on 05 July 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Hell yeah i played this game. And laughed at the name, i was 11 at the time. I'd really enjoyed Front Mission 3 before this and the isometric 2d character on a 3d map reminded me of it.

I really liked the vanguard element to it, used to pretty much always miss with the main gun. From what i remember it's like a north south divide of japan? I seem to think there's a lot of mechs superimposed into world war two videos, which i thought was awesome at the time. The only other thing i remember is that you can move forwards and backwards to put yourself at optimal range. Cool game.

I'd heard rumours they were going to release it on the PSN, but I've not seen anything on it lately, would be ace to pick up and play again.

i still own it for the PS2 resting on my PS2 atm i remember being jealous of not being able to use that stolen mech that guy had because his melee attack he would punch you multy times then his arms would convert to their cannons and he would shoot you point blank. but yes Japan had Split to north and south and they never surrendered after WW2. Front Mission was another great series too.

it should be on PSN now other wise that would be lame not to include it.

Type 3 was the mech im referring to.

the cannons were built into it's arms as seen in this video.

at 8:17+

Edited by Kyuzo, 05 July 2012 - 12:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users