Make The Clan Packs Cheaper ..... Please

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kinpachi the Gun

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:07 AM

Hey there PGI, will you please make the packs cheaper or put the older one's on sale every so often. As a married gentleman with 4 kids and all the other adult goodness it's hard to throw down $60 bucks just for some mechs. Heck you can go to gamestop and buy a brand new game for that. Just trying to negotiate here. I and others are not asking for a deal on your new stuff just to discount the older stuff. I have no problem pulling the trigger for $40 every other week but $60 is too steep imo. And if this is a rich person's game I understand and you can just tell me to shuttap lol. Oh and before some of you who possible live at home with your parents and have no bills chime in, think of others feelings please.

Edited by Kinpachi the Gun, 09 July 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#2 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

Mech packs are a huge chunk of their income. However, I could see them doing a sale IF the sales of those packs dropped off.

#3 Kinpachi the Gun

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

Right on that's what I am saying as well. I do not want them to give away their newer packs as I understand they need to make money to support the game and to pay their people. But I would like to see them put the older stuff on sale as to simulate how the economy works in the real world. They seam to be basing their mechs and game currency to real world currency so why not put the older items on sale as is the norm for the real world economies? This in turn would enable the more cash strapped individual's (myself included, no prideful boasting here) to be more productive in actually chunking down hard earned cash money (I work in a foundry as a welder).

#4 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

It has always struck me as odd that PGI claims equality for Clan vs IS yet charges $30 per Clan mech and $20 per IS mech.

#5 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostKinpachi the Gun, on 09 July 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Oh and before some of you who possible live at home with your parents and have no bills chime in, think of others feelings please.

LOL I think the general demographic of this game excludes perpetual children in their parents basements.

But I will say, 4 kids? Put them to work with paper routes to get Mech money, I mean, why have so many if you're not going to get something out of it. LOL

I agree it would be nice to see some sales on the packs and not just hero's and regular mechs. And I say that as owner of ALL the packs (except the gold mechs, that was just stupid LOL). Buying the older packs now you obviously miss out on the rewards for the early buyers, so none of the early buyers should be upset at the price drop as you are getting less content than the original price. Even if it's just dropping the price on one or two of the ala carte packages at a time.

I guess PGI has the info on how many accounts have the mechs, if enough of the population doesn't, they could generate a quick cash influx by doing a short weekend sale on Timbers.

View PostTheSilken, on 09 July 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

It has always struck me as odd that PGI claims equality for Clan vs IS yet charges $30 per Clan mech and $20 per IS mech.

Well, Clan come with XLs and ENDO/Ferro, so technically they are charging the same per MECH, but charging more for the upgrades pre-fitted. LOL

Edited by Thumper3, 09 July 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#6 Kinpachi the Gun

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:05 AM

It seems weird to charge more to me too now that I think about it. I guess you do get the upgrades you would normally have to pay the extra CBills for, but that would mean they were saying that the CBills were like real world money.

#7 Dire Angel

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

I would definitely go for sales on older items. As said above, though I think some items should go from MC to Cbill, like cockpit items and special colors. 'Cause we all know those are overpriced.

I have Clan wave I and III.

#8 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 09 July 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

They claim equality since first clan release, still believe in their BS?

#9 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

Reason why clan mech packs are more expensive=

Clan tech typically is more expensive and they use more expensive things...

large pulse lasers, gauss rifles, UAC's, Streaks, ER lasers, ER PPC's, XL engine, ferro, endo, etc. And a omnimech chassis cost more then battlemech.

HOWEVER this sounds all good on paper until you see the extra content.

IS = 6 faction content (12 in colors for resistance 2) ,
Clan = 4 faction content (8 in origins... not non of the clan waves)

On paper, this already puts IS at an economic advantage.

Because there pack already has a leveler in the comparison on packs vs clan but clan costs more.

On top of that clan warhorns cost more for some odd reason in game...

#10 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

MC are real $. but for packs, i think, we wont see cheaper prices, till steam release.

#11 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

I used to think that the mech packs were overpriced, but then I realized how expensive (whether c-bills or MC) it would be to buy 3 variants of certain mechs. It's a pretty solid deal if you think you will like a chassis. I've spent about 15 hours already in my Cauldron Borns which is at least double the length of most $60 FPS games. Add in the time I'll spend in the Cheetah and Shadow Hawk and it's pretty worth the $90 I spent.

Edited by ScreamingSkull, 14 July 2015 - 12:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users