- - - - -

If You Leave, Do You Still Get Cbills/exp?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Trooper Chunks

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

just curious, in a pub drop, if your mech dies and you leave the game right away, not staying until the end, do you still get the cbills/exp?

#2 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

Yes you still get c-bills. You can look at how many you have when you leave the match while your mech is locked and then when your mech becomes unlocked you should have more c-bills.

#3 Trooper Chunks

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

Thanks Luigi! Was always curious why so many people disconnect after they die. I thought they were forfeiting their cbills. Now I know why.

#4 RED Smith

• Pip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

There is a downside of leaving early. You will only get credit for what you have earned up until you "Disco." If you get a kill and an assist and disco that is what you will earn the Cbills and XP for. If after you leave your team finishes those other 3 mechs you shot, you will not get the credit for those assists.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostTrooper Chunks, on 09 July 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Thanks Luigi! Was always curious why so many people disconnect after they die. I thought they were forfeiting their cbills. Now I know why.

They can be forfeiting some. Here's how you know.

Say you killed 1 enemy, then damaged 4 other enemies, died and finally quit immediately. Before you died, 2 of the 4 enemies were killed by other players.
Playing the match, you get paid for it.
The damage you've dealt you get paid for.
The enemy you killed you get paid for.
The enemies you damaged that were killed, you are paid for as kill assists.

The enemies you damaged that were not killed before you quit.... you lost potential money on.
That is more or less it.

Essentially you're "paid for what you did up until you quit."

If the enemies you damaged are killed after you quit...you lost money.
But if you were still there, you'd get that money for additional kill assists.

Edited by Koniving, 09 July 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#6 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

And Koniving has all the answers again. Yeah, sometimes it pays to quit out and drop in another mech, other matches it pays to sit and cheer for your team.

~Leone.

#7 SYKOJAK333

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationClan Invasion Frontlines

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

Hey guys first official post to these forums. I must say, great forums and even a better game!

It is good to know that if you get bored out at the start of the match, with little damage dealt on your part, you are probably better off, starting a new match immediately.

It is great having a awesome game like this, coming from a 25 year Classic TT Battle Tech veteran like myself. Especially so that my new computer can handle this game flawlessly.

#8 JonahGrimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:29 AM

If you're a newbie, you do lose something else as well: observation time.

Don't discount how useful and educational it can be to spend a little time watching how other people play and the tricks they use to both stay alive and dish damage. Watching how a similar mech plays can improve your own game.

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:18 AM

What Jonah said is probably even more worth then the additional c-bills from assists.

#10 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:27 AM

Well.......that is assuming that the observed player has good game habits. Otherwise it could screw you over in the long run.

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 10 July 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

Well.......that is assuming that the observed player has good game habits. Otherwise it could screw you over in the long run.

You also learn from the errors of other players. something you might not notice yourself while you're playing. Like UAVs getting ignored or seismic bleeps or positioning errors.

#12 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

Also, by observing different friendlies you can relay their intel to your team mates. Which is actually a pretty good way to potentially increase your team's chance of victory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users