#1 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

OK bear with me,

If Bob has worked at PGI for 10 years, is loyal, and does good work, he should be rewarded for his work and dedication. If a faction has been loyal to a house/clan for a while, they should get something for it, right? Lets be honest, until PGI makes planets in CW into something worth fighting for people have no reason to really stay. That being said...

Loyalist units should get more Loyalty Points. This makes sense right? Cut down on C-Bills if you want to because we are just the regular military. Mercenaries like $$$$ and it is basically the whole reason for their existence (mainly). When the chips are down why lower loyalty points?

Loyalist units should get SOMETHING for their dedication like a UNIQUE mech or cammo, just something besides a useless item that you put on your dash that no one ever sees. Wouldn't people want to show their dedication to their faction? Joe Shmo is stomping around in a badass FRR rewarded Panther or something because he was with the FRR for a year, how do you like that? Or the clans etc etc.

The thing is, and PGI KNOWS THIS, is that people LOVE premium stuff. Now, ANYONE can swipe a credit card and buy anything whether it is a hero mech, convert XP, a fudging gold mech what have you. What you CANNOT buy is time and no matter how much money you have, there is no getting around it and you must put your time in. THAT would make the CW a little bit better and loyal units would feel important and proud to be part of the faction.

Thoughts? (Lets not get into mercenaries here, that is a whole different issue.)

Edited by Alec Braca, 23 June 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#2 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:17 AM

I like the idea of the special camo. For example: You stay over a year as a FRR loyalist and fight your ass off against the clans and you see the number of big units leave the sinking ship of FRR.
BUT your unit decides to stay and keep fighting and this for a big amount of time meanwhile the other units grind mechbays and other stuff while they tour trough the clans and is.
This decision to stay loyal needs to have incentives like loyalist camo pattern (1 for a mechchassis per year for example).

#3 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

I like this idea.

#4 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostSwagpanda89, on 23 June 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

I like the idea of the special camo. For example: You stay over a year as a FRR loyalist and fight your ass off against the clans and you see the number of big units leave the sinking ship of FRR.
BUT your unit decides to stay and keep fighting and this for a big amount of time meanwhile the other units grind mechbays and other stuff while they tour trough the clans and is.
This decision to stay loyal needs to have incentives like loyalist camo pattern (1 for a mechchassis per year for example).

Right? It doesn't matter what faction you are, if you put that much time and effort, you would deserve something. These units is what help stabilize CW. When mercs move, especially big ones, bad things happen and the theater shifts dramatically. (At least in the north) Providing incentives to stay put for a while could help bring communities together and actually keep pilots.

#5 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:46 AM

I would love to see Loyalists getting access to unique mech variants, reach Davion Level 10 and unlock a variant of the Enforcer that can only be used while you stay above level 10, Jager at level 15 etc. These Mechs shouldnt require a mech bay and can only be owned while at or above that loyalty level and a member of that Faction. Swap Factions and that Mech is greyed out and unable to be used until its criteria is met again. Give people a reason to stay loyal and you may see less movement between factions.

Though I can already hear the qq at 'Kuritas Grand Dragon is so much more Meta than Purple Birds Orion!!! FML!!! PGI sux!! I'm out !!!'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users