#61 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

View Postice trey, on 10 July 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

I could totally get behind a Javelin. We've got a lot of light laser boats and machine gunners, but not a whole lot in SRM-boats, where the Javelin would shine (Save for the Fire Javelin. Though that mech is fantastic on the board, I don't know how well it would fare here). On the mediums side of things, I'd really like to see the Hermes II and Whitworth get included into the game, I don't think we've seen the either since Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries, if even that. they might even be a throwback all the way to Crescent hawks revenge, even though they're staple box set mechs. I'd also be glad to see the Assassin, though.

Also agreeing with the Flashman, but I'd also be happy with other rarely represented star league heavies. I'd far prefer to see the Guillotine make an appearance. Lancelots, Exterminators, and Bombardiers would be welcome additions. The Champion made it to Mechwarrior 3, which is still relatively modern feeling, but I wouldn't snub it.

On the Assaults side, all people tend to clamor for is the next thing to one-up the latest meta mech, and frankly, I hate that. "Bigger, and slower, and more guns" is just escalation. It's to the point now that all but one or two assaults are laughable. I want to see the Charger make it into the mix. Yes, stock chargers are crap, but tell me the last time anyone rode a stock anything on the field. I imagine a lot of scooty, heavily armored flashbulbs made from the 1A1, and some spooky AC20 builds on some of the other variants. The charger has not been seen since the Crescent Hawks games, even though it's supposed to be a more commonly seen (If loathed in it's stock variant) design.

I can't get behind the Annihilator or the Imp for the same reason I can't get behind the Flea as MWO mechs: They're meant to be Wolfs' Dragoons exclusive designs. Star league designs have been put in limited production as low-tech variants, and ComStar has been clinging to their old Star League mechs for centuries, doling them out to a few powers in exchange for favors, but wolfs' dragoons stuff doesn't get around the block for a while yet.

I could be happy on this way! But don't forget the flashman! Hahahahaha

#62 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 10 July 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Problem with the Atlas II is they were a very limited production Mech and all of them were removed from the Inner Sphere when the Exodus happened. Until 3070ish, they won't return as that design wasn't used again until that time and it was rebuilt using Mixed Tech. There isn't even an Altas IIC, even though the Atlas II was Nicolas Kerensky's personal Mech, go figure.

#63 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

The all stuff about mech's II and IIc is not very interesting to me... it doesnt add new stuff! There is a huge amount of stuff that can enrich the game much more!

#64 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

There is also a inner sphere copy of the timber wolf... i forgot the name... the mech is very good yo inner sphere standards!

#65 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 July 2015 - 05:48 AM, said:

Feast your eyes on THIS beauty!

Posted Image

I'm sure Alex can do even better job.

Hahahha that is the bad ass level I am talking about!

#66 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rakshasa

here is the timber wolf copy...

#67 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

http://www.sarna.net...ech_Master_List
Here people... pick yours...

#68 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostDettmam, on 10 July 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Dude, I dont like to see it like this... we against them!

We are the client, we ask and they comply... we just need to ask properly, and politely... :-)

People have asked politely. Quite a few times in fact, only to be shouted down by the people that own them and don't want them resold, because reasons.

#69 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:46 PM

Why the Flashman? The BK has a high engine cap with (probably) good hitboxes. The flashman would likely need a standard engine in MWO, which would defeat the point of it being fast.

#70 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

So according to Russ, the Warhammer is not off the table. That's good news. Now we just need to press him on it. :)

You know you want it. Support the Wubhammer and get a free cookie while making Mechwarrior history! The return of the face of BattleTech. ;)

Posted Image

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 10 July 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#71 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 10 July 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Why the Flashman? The BK has a high engine cap with (probably) good hitboxes. The flashman would likely need a standard engine in MWO, which would defeat the point of it being fast.

Because the flashman is cool! And to a long range laser vomit, maybe a xl engine is not that crazy, if speed make it worthy!

#72 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Some folks like Veridian Bog and some folks hate it. Why not play it in style?

Posted Image

Bring back the face of BattleTech!

#73 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 11 July 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

Oh, what a day! What a lovely day!

it would be. Sadly it'll likely never come.

Edited by stjobe, 11 July 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#74 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Jenners snubbing you because your PPC is too small?

Want to blind people using night vision with your spotlight?

Looking for an IS chassis that can run dual PPC/Gauss?

Want respect because you're not a walking trashcan in the heavy class?

Want a mech with more Hero versions than most have variants for?

Look no further! We here at StarCorps Industries have been working on solutions for over 500 years.

Posted Image

Warhammer - Bring back the face of BattleTech.

#75 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

I'd give both of your legs for the Warhammer ShadowWolf Kell, but it's just not likely to happen, sadly, due to HG being HG. And with them licensing out the Robotech IP for a movie, you can bet that they will NOT be willing to let anyone use any of the Unseen in a commercial property, and probably will raise hell with anyone using them in non-commercial uses! Lots of money to be made with the merchandise off a RoboTech movie, no way in hell they'll let anyone pollute the market. It's HG, come on, they wouldn't let anyone pollute the market when there was NO market!

Now, if a microscopic blackhole would happen to hit HG's headquarters, we MIGHT have a chance of seeing the Unseen again...maybe...

#76 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 11 July 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

I'd give both of your legs for the Warhammer ShadowWolf Kell, but it's just not likely to happen, sadly, due to HG being HG. And with them licensing out the Robotech IP for a movie, you can bet that they will NOT be willing to let anyone use any of the Unseen in a commercial property, and probably will raise hell with anyone using them in non-commercial uses! Lots of money to be made with the merchandise off a RoboTech movie, no way in hell they'll let anyone pollute the market. It's HG, come on, they wouldn't let anyone pollute the market when there was NO market!

Now, if a microscopic blackhole would happen to hit HG's headquarters, we MIGHT have a chance of seeing the Unseen again...maybe...

Russ said the possibility is there. He simply hasn't gotten around to actually trying. I'm just trying to give him a little nudge. ;)

Besides, Alex would work his voodoo magic.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 11 July 2015 - 05:57 PM.

#77 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 11 July 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Some folks like Veridian Bog and some folks hate it. Why not play it in style?

Posted Image

Bring back the face of BattleTech!

So beautiful. Where's this from btw?

#78 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 10 July 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Problem with the Atlas II is they were a very limited production Mech and all of them were removed from the Inner Sphere when the Exodus happened. Until 3070ish, they won't return as that design wasn't used again until that time and it was rebuilt using Mixed Tech. There isn't even an Altas IIC, even though the Atlas II was Nicolas Kerensky's personal Mech, go figure.

Yes, but the timberwolf isn't used by any IS faction in 3050 either.

What's up with that obvious statement if like you didn't know the timberwolf was a clan mech?

Well, this kinda stems from the fact that the Atlas II was still in heavy use between Clan vs Clan combat WHICH the clans do in CW, do not forget that. and they did it in lore (mainly in trails however). So the atlas II has as much right being in game as the ebon jaguar, shadowcat, or the direwolf/ kitfox/ timberwolf S.

The atlas II is also as 'rare' as the kingcrab, but has much more heavy service and maintenance, so it has more reason to be in game then the kingcrab.

The reason there is no IIC mech is that they feared to 'taint' the original mech design, same how the orion IIC was very rare, as the orion was sacred. The Atlas II did have clan weapons on it though on some variants. It is possible PGI can pass it off as a "IIC" mech but I would like to see both IS and Clan variants in game.

#79 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

Javelin is kind of iconic! in all mechwarrior games I played before, the javelin was kind of the first u buy! I was very happy running a javeling in Mechwarrior II mercenaries!! :-D

The flashman is kind of my prefered one... I like the lamp shape, hahahaha, and it is god damn fast and powerfull!

I imagine a Flashman with some good ER Large Laser quirks!

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users