Cw Economy

6 replies to this topic

Poll: topic poll (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you the player think this would be a good thing

1. yes (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. no (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hellsoutcast777

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

Ive been talking about how this game has no economy at all and how it really needs one. well i have decided to put an ideal down that i feel is balanced would help new players and would help ne units start, be effective, and established themselves in the game.

1) planets earn income for the controlling unit. How much is based off how far away the planet is from a capital or home planet. this would mean be for the controlling unit and would apply to faction loyal units. Merc units would generate less from planets but would not be restricted on how far that planet is. they would get the same amount always.

2) units would have to "pay" their members to attack/defend a planet. not sure exactly how to set this up at the time of writing but i was thinking something along the lines of each rank would pay set amount controlled by the unit leaders with a minimum amount each rank. every after every drop the player get that amount including the c bills earned ingame. This would mean that altho a bigger unit can attack a large number of planets they would also have to defend planet to be able to keep hiring the members for war but a small unit can still do well because a:they have fewer player thus pay less and attack more b: have fewer planets making it easier to defend and can easier focus on attacking or defending.

3) merc units can pay their members less then loyal units can be hired by other units and factions to fulfill contracts they do not need to have the c bills in hand first to capture planets but to be hired by another unit to be able to. this allows lone wolves to be able to play without joining a unit or while they are looking for a unit to join. this would also limit how often they could drop encouraging them to join a unit

#2 RolfS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:55 AM

I honestly didn't read your post, simply too long. I remember an 8bit game called annals of Rome that a very simple economic model where troops were produced on certain places on the map and depending on time and who was in control of a certain part of of the map. This was good enough to simulate the rise and fall of the Roman empire.

Adding some economy could improve CW but your suggestion isn't helping. I am voting yes to make CW something more than a fancy queue system.

#3 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostHellsoutcast777, on 10 July 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Ive been talking about how this game has no economy at all and how it really needs one. well i have decided to put an ideal down that i feel is balanced would help new players and would help ne units start, be effective, and established themselves in the game.

Obviously we need an economy in CW. :P ;)

1) planets earn income for the controlling unit.

This is just a no brainer, PGI needs to do this ASAP. Income, discounts on equipment, etc.

2) units would have to "pay" their members to attack/defend a planet.

No, if you join a unit you get whatever benefits and rewards that unit so desires. I see where you are going, giving an extra income source but who pays the solo's? No, if a unit wants to pay their pilots either as a participation salary or by stats that's up to them (and up to PGI to allow the transfer of cbills from unit coffers to members LOL).

3) merc units can pay their members less then loyal units can be hired by other units and factions to fulfill contracts they do not need to have the c bills in hand first to capture planets but to be hired by another unit to be able to. this allows lone wolves to be able to play without joining a unit or while they are looking for a unit to join. this would also limit how often they could drop encouraging them to join a unit

Merc units and solo unattached players are different animals. And I am a big opponent to punishing people for how they play the game. The benefit's of joining a unit should be more than enough incentive to encourage people to do so without punishing them for not doing so.

View PostRolfS, on 10 July 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

I honestly didn't read your post, simply too long.

WTF?

It was a well thought out and organized post, took me less than 2 minutes to re-read, re-read and process.

#4 UberStuka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 277 posts
  • LocationBRANDON, MISSISSIPPI

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

The loyalist need to earn all of the planetary income as stated in the suggestion above.

The mercs would make all of their money form loyalist units hiring the mercs into contracts. For example House marik wants to hire a l33t merc unit (228, -MS-, Kcom or whatever) to take 10 planets. Leader of said merc unit says we could do that for Xmillion cbills.....

Then you would have an econemy. Now onto what the Merc units actualy spend their unit coffers on. Ummmm... Lets see...

Extended range dropships (drop behind frontline planets)
Turret upgrades (would be more of a Loyalist purchase)
Disperse amongst player who participated.

Just a start...

#5 Hellsoutcast777

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

Yeah after i posted and was taking a shower i got to thinking about pugs and thought what if they where consider merc or in they join a faction the solders of those factions.

#6 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

I don't like any sort of economy that not equal for any player.

#7 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

Some of the original post sounds good. Mostly point 1. I went with yes.

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 July 2015 - 09:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users