#1 Bregan

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWaterloo, Ontario

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

I was discussing this with some people, new and veteran, about different roles and maybe some C-bill rewards.
Since there's rewards for defending other 'mech classes, Should there not be rewards for things like:

-Damage taken (in some sort of percentage based on total health) for Heavy/Assault
Ideally this would work in such a manner that if you get only your CT damaged, you wont get as much as someone who say loses both arms, a torso, and a leg before they are destroyed.

-%health remaining (higher the better) for light/medium

-Targeting specific components that are key to that 'mech, like say for the dragon 1N, taking off that ballistic arm should yield more experience than someone simply taking out its CT.

I'm just trying to think of ways to counter the obvious C-bill farming going on with some builds. If anyone's played a streak Stormcrow, or Mad dog, you will notice its extremely easy to get 300k+ c-bills because damage seems to be the most available way to rake in C-bills.

#2 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

Interesting concept, sounds good on the face of it. Although I can easily see farming opportunities here that would hurt gameplay. At least damage farming **** the team a little, but someone avoiding firing just to twist around and be sure to lose arms, especially shield arms. And would it be tied to actual damage taken not just limb loss? I see people taking all the armor off their arms and have them blown off quick.

As for the mech specific ones, I think coring the CT on a Dragon should be more important than encouraging people to take mechs apart piece by piece. Again, people already DO that because damage = CBills and you do more damage stripping a mech than just coring it's CT......but it takes longer which hurts the team objective.

I don't think there's anyway to counter farming, no matter what system is in place there will be gaps, and people will find them and farm them. Better to concentrate on gameplay encouraging elements so at least the farming is funneled toward the overall goal.

Rewards for taking a base (and for STOPPING the taking of a base) should be raised to the roof. Stepping on the cap to stop the enemy win should be 10k cbills easy and a chunk of XP. Winning by base cap should have a big boost as well. They are the primary objective, silly to have the primary objective reward you with pennies.

#3 Bregan

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWaterloo, Ontario

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:14 PM

I see what you mean, I guess I'm just trying to find a way to make those people who are the spearhead of pushes compensated for basically being the tank, and doing very little damage because of it.
I'm all for farming, i was Just trying to think up a way to get it more streamlined so that everyone can get C-bills regardless of builds.

I guess with the specific targeting i was more thinking of, is something like: taking the arm of the 1N severely limits its combat ability, and in a lot of cases, it eliminates it from combat entirely, thus it should be roughly the same as getting the kill. and by that standard, the actual kill should be reduced in value if the 'mech is already weaponless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users