24 replies to this topic

#1 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

The 275th Legionary Knights are issuing a call to arms for our fellow pilots to join up while the getting's good.

So, here's some basic info. The 275th is going to be operating completely freelance, going where the good fighting is, which is naturally where the good pay is. We'll be starting on hired with the Lyran Commonwealth until there are some good and clear lines drawn as to which faction needs mercenary support the most, and then we will be moving to them.

We'll be moving on a monthly basis, again depending on where we're needed and how many operations we can keep active at any given time, as well as other factors such as standing Alliances and Corp member input. We have a ranking system in the works so there will be opportunities for advancement and even having your own Command.

This Merc Corp is mostly casual, but more serious combatants are welcome to join. More serious players will be put into teams with other more serious players, unless there is a specific reason (such as training) to do otherwise.

We would also like to invite Roleplayers into the Corp. It's not mandatory, but it is highly encouraged.

This is a brand new Corp with a few members, and so new members have a good chance of early advancement and Lance command, should they want it. We're all playing it by ear at the moment, so questions are welcome and encouraged if your interest is at all piqued.

We now have a website! It's not much to look at but it has all of the necessities. Feedback is welcome for improvement.
http://275lk.forumotion.com/

Also, we will have a Teamspeak server! So look forward to that.

Edited by Aderas Keegan, 11 July 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#2 Riino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLhasa

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Goodluck!
Like the intro!

#3 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Thanks, mate! I was afraid it might be a bit bland, but I got most of the important info in there.

#4 Riino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationLhasa

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

I was wondering wetter there was some option as communication over skype/teamspeak/ventrillo?
This would be, in my opinion, a nice thing to offer new members.

#5 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

So far I've been using Skype, but I know it's not particularly good for large groups. Ideally, I'd go for Ventrillo, but then there's the matter of upkeep that I don't have the resources for, at the moment. That IS the goal though, and not a particularly lofty one at that. I've never particularly looked into Teamspeak, but if the public consensus is that TS is preferred then we'll go for that avenue instead. In your professional opinion, which do you think would be better?

#6 Riino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationLhasa

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Ive used all of the programms, what I notice is that skype indeed gives lag issues ingame the more people join a group convo.
Ontop of that the new version of skype is giving troubles when it comes to group-calls. Limit numbers etc.

This would leave you with the choice between Teamspeak and Ventrillo.The last time I used Ventrillo was 10 years ago,
so I have no idea how the latest versions are like.

Teamspeak is something I have always used, its easy to set up and the server costs arent that big neither.
Also 90% of the gamers that I have ever spoken to has used or is using TS.
In the end its just a matter of preference. I'd recommen to just check out both sites, look for a nice deal and go for it.

#7 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

After doing a bit of research I've decided on a Teamspeak server. Thanks for the suggestion mate!

#8 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

And we now have a website online. Feedback on the site is welcome.

#9 Niunsintel

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

we currently have enough for 4 Lances but we still need more so we can run Training exercises! come on people!! :D

#10 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

Just posting an update. We're currently running at just short of a full Company (Three Lances, minus one pilot). Some of our members did not have suitable equipment to handle the game, unfortunately. As such, we're still very much recruiting! The website has been fleshed out considerably, and I'm TRYING to get our standing members to be more active both there and here (pot calling kettle black, but you know.)

We also still have need of pilots willing and able to lead our Lances. We have two standing Lance leads, but once we get our third Lance (and future Lances) active we'll need more.

#11 Kohnas

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPortland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

This seem like a well orginized corp, escially like the role play request. Just curious about what timezones most of the copr is in. Dont want to try to join if I wont be able to be on when everyone else is.

#12 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Most of us are around US Central time (-6:00) between the hours of noon and two in the morning, varying from person to person. I'll have to figure out when exactly most of the company is available, but as an estimate I'd say something around 6+ in the afternoon. I myself am usually awake and active between the hours of 8:00 pm and noon-ish, these days. So for the most part the plan is to always have a representative around.

Edited by Aderas Keegan, 17 July 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#13 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

Another update! We now have our official logo, made by our very own HellBorn. We've also officially got over a Company's worth of MechWarriors!

Edited by Aderas Keegan, 19 July 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#14 Niunsintel

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

We have over a companys worth of mechs and are just shy of getting two companies going. So far the community seems very friendly as well!

#15 FaustianBargain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Looking to drop an app later, though I don't have a sponsor (Is that especially important?). I've been looking for a more casual, CST based merc corp for a while now.

#16 Panther0

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Greetings.
I'm looking for some Merc Corp, to hire me, and I'm very interested in Yours..
As Mech Warrior Online player I'm a new one, but I think I can ofer much to Yours Corp, not only my Atlas, but also many years of experience in other online games, and ofcourse Mech Warrior RPG..
I belive, You will find me a very promise member of Yours Comopany..
Best to all of You!
Panther0

#17 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hello, gentlemen! Faustian, sponsorship isn't important; that's just a way of saying if anyone on the site brought you into the fold. So welcome aboard!

Panther, thanks for the interest mate. If you'd like to make an application on the website, we can get you situated. Thanks to both of you for the interest, indeed! And again, welcome to the Legionary Knights.

#18 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Alright With 2 more people we`ll have two complete company`s. So join up. I did and now i`m a lance leader. So come on and join us. Also for those who enjoy a good rp then this is especially great, cuz we rp our mech pilots, and the battles they have.

#19 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

I'd just like to give the topic a little bump; we're still looking for people to finish filling out our ranks! Anyone interested just throw a message in here, or check out the forum in the OP.

#20 Cain von Lithium

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

BUMP BUMP BUMP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users