Would You Be Upset If Mwo Had More Advanced Jumpjets?

45 replies to this topic

#41 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 July 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

What? We get the correct for tabletop jump distances? Really? I always thought TT jump distances where much further than ours laterally.

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 11 July 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

They are a bit longer on the horizontal in TT, but the vertical in MWO is actually a little more than it should be, so it's close enough that I'm willing to call it good. Most people don't actually go for that horizontal distance, they want the vertical distance.

Considering that the number of JJs is equal to the walking speed according to the rules, the horizontal distance you can cover with the running speed (e.g. 6 or 64.8 kph running speed with 4 JJs) is less in MWO compared to TT. But when you use MASC or big engines (IS) in MWO, you can leap much farther because the horizontal distance depends on your speed in our game.

Vertical distance is a bit different that different Classes produce different results with the same number of JJs. Of 3 classes that I've tested (Class I, III, and IV), all of them overperform (can jump higher than in TT), though class III not so much.

Suffice to say that JJs in MWO perform differently than in TT but more often than not, in the game you can match or surpass JJ's performance as dictated by TT rules.

EDIT: the amount of thrust, which is apparently the players' contention, is a different matter entirely.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 11 July 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#42 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

I've been wanting vectored JJ since I started playing MWO. Maybe one day...

#43 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 11 July 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Considering that the number of JJs is equal to the walking speed according to the rules, the horizontal distance you can cover with the running speed (e.g. 6 or 64.8 kph running speed with 4 JJs) is less in MWO compared to TT. But when you use MASC or big engines (IS) in MWO, you can leap much farther because the horizontal distance depends on your speed in our game.

Vertical distance is a bit different that different Classes produce different results with the same number of JJs. Of 3 classes that I've tested (Class I, III, and IV), all of them overperform (can jump higher than in TT), though class III not so much.

Suffice to say that JJs in MWO perform differently than in TT but more often than not, in the game you can match or surpass JJ's performance as dictated by TT rules.
yeah, I didn't know. Interesting to hear that it's in the ball park at least.

EDIT: the amount of thrust, which is apparently the players' contention, is a different matter entirely.
yeah, that's my angle. I want to see JJ's be more horizontal and much faster. If they always push you forward (or backwards) more than they do now, they'd have no hang time to speak of where you're effectively motionless,so they'd be hard to use for poptarting. But they'd be a great asset for manoeuvrability and actually good at getting you out of sticky situations.

#44 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

Jump Jets are actually pretty good at present & i wouldn't really be for changing them, especially not this easy mechanic where you can jump all over the place without much thought. Your mech should have to be put into action by you to make JJ work much like they currently are.

Edited by Ace Selin, 11 July 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#45 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:36 PM

No thanks, I don't want use 6 additional buttons just for jump jetting. The only thing really missing with the the current implementation would be forward facing strafing. Which I'd rather not see in MW:O, best left to <insert generic first person shooter here>.

Edited by Grey Ghost, 11 July 2015 - 11:37 PM.

#46 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 July 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Jump stuttering is annoying and abusive.

Ah, now I know what you mean. I agree.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users