#1 Shaio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:29 AM

Posted Image

Why not introduce an asymmetric game mode which pits one side having an advantage over the other in the event that ELO matches a weaker team against a stronger team? We have all been there when you drop into a match with a mixed group of average players and you look to your opponent and and you see that you are up against a Comp team of veteran players. What can you do but Buck-up and hope that you at least manage to pull one of their players down before the end of the match.

So when ELO fails to match a teams within an acceptable margin it launches an match selecting the Asymmetric Game Mode (i.e. Drop Ship Defend), placing the weaker team in the stronger position. This way the game presents a greater challenge for the stronger player and the weaker player is not abusively stomped in under 4 minutes.

#2 Vegalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAt the screen. On my seat too.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:57 AM

Interesting idea but do you have any ideas how to implement the feature your proposing? How would it be possible to do the things you brought up without having a system tracking a players skill similar to the system that MWO has now? I could imagine the weaker team getting the easier part of the map asa starting position or having more turrets defending the base but those are quite marginal things but not easy to accomplish. There are other ways to balance teams you know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users