Tdr-9S And Tdr-9Se Builds

8 replies to this topic

#1 Project Purification

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

I am going after mastery in the TDR's but I have been having trouble finding effective bulids, anyone have recommendations?

I already have a brawler, I wouldn't mind having another two but I'd like to have at least one distance fighter

#2 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:26 AM

Well I personally use this build with 4LPL > with modules you get 475m range:

TDR-9SE

I have it in 2 weapon groups, right arm for pesky lights and torso, use the left arm as a shield arm. You effectively avoid the ghost heat by firing two and two once the first two end because duration is 0.6 sec. In case you do need to alpha with ghost heat you only get 40% and with some timing you can fire 3 alphas without overheating under 10 sec (giving you an effective 13 DPS under 475m).

Now... why XL 280 and 4 LPL and not STD 300 with 3LPL?

Most people know that you fire your 3 lasers which are located in your left torso and now they have around 3 seconds to give you a taste of what they carry. Like this you fire two, they turn and you fire 2 wherever you want to, and then the first two are reloaded, enemy fired their salvo and you have 2 lasers to shoot, and later 2 more... it's an ongoing wubmachine!

Take into account that you have 475m optimal range!!! On 400 meters it's not so easy to pinpoint a TDR. In case you need to brawl 280 still provides enough mobility for a brawl.

I had more then enough success in this build and prefer it over the 7MPL one for a simple reason of better range. Best part is that in some cases you can outbrawl the 5SS even with XL engine, but that greatly depends on your status of the mechs and skill of both pilots.

Try it out, you won't be dissapointed and XL280 can be used in a lot of different builds so it will not go to waste if you don't like it.

#3 Project Purification

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:55 AM

Ok, just tried this build, and without modules I liked it. Good stuff, thanks

Edited by Project Purification, 12 August 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:20 PM

9S: 2x ERPPC + 4x slas + 2x mg + 2x AMS, endo, 275 STD
9SE: 2x Lplas, 3x mlas, endo, 285 STD, 19 DHS

Edited by Spheroid, 13 August 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#5 Wattila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:58 AM

Didn't find the ERPPCs too useful in PUGs so swapped them for LPLs.

TDR-9S: 2x LPL, 3x MPL, Endo, Ferro, 300 STD, 16 DHS.

TDR-9S

#6 Dimitry Matveyev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:37 AM

This TDR-9S works great for me. It's hot, but in the right hands a deadly machine :).
ERPPC for a long range, 5 meds for a medium range and 2 ASRMs for close. Double AMS will give a great protection for you and your teammates.

#7 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

For the TDR-9S, been going with the standard 2X ER PPC and 3X Medium lasers, 290 SFE build. It runs hot but as long you have proper trigger dicipline and use the range to your avantage, you end up doing as much damage as a assault. I honestly have more fun with the 9S than my TDR-5SS Thunderwub.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f391deca544ff75

For the TDR-9SE, I've been running the 3X LPS before it became a champion build. It's a bit boring but it's tough but has good speed and chain firing 3X LPL does decent damage. Boring but I can't argue with the results at the end of each game
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3a7a0556960f2c2

#8 Blue Frog

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWhere You Least Expect...

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

My 9S has 2 ERPPCs and 3MLs; max out the engine and DHS. Make sure you put the ERPPCs in the right shoulder for hill humping.

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

TDR-9SE: XL315 with 3x LPL + 2x ML. This thing is a beast. Was my first mech above 2.0 K/D ratio.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4a5c45f75605f2e

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users