Another Catapult K2 Thread

6 replies to this topic

#1 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Rather than try to hijack the previous K2 build opinion thread, I thought I'd just make another one. Got the mastery pack a little back and only just started using the K2. Present build uses 2 UAC/5 and 4 medium lasers, and so far it's going quite well CPLT-K2

Not sure whether to change to pulse lasers or not, also toying with changing to a pair of LB10-X for ripping up internals. Penny for your thoughts?

Double LB10-X and 4 MPL
Double UAC5 and 4 MPL

#2 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:08 AM

i had the best results with 2 uacs and 2 large lasers,11DHS,endo and XL280,frontloaded armor,8 points shy of the maximum.

AC10:s are good now since the ammo count is 20 per ton,basically makes LB-10:s obsolete

#3 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

I'm still looking for a 2x AC/10 build.

#4 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 15 July 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

I'm still looking for a 2x AC/10 build.

2 ac10 4 ML XL 300

Lower armor to half in arms as they only have 2 lasers and then its up to you how to balance AC10 ammo and heatsinks. Generally best to favor the AC10s and only fire lasers when you have plenty of heat to spare.

Edited by Arkbird Phoenix Kell, 15 July 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#5 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

This is probably how I'd end up running a 2xAC/10 build. If you needed more ammo you could shave armor off of the arms.

My K2 has been running a nearly stock loadout for a while and does decent at sniping, I'm thinking of mixing it up though for a change of pace so I may be swapping to a ballistic build sometime soon.

Edited by Alekzander Smirnoff, 15 July 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#6 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

Warning- Badwrongfun mech incoming

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...da4bedd85db5b26

Fragile legs, but, in my CLPT experience, no one shoots for em anyway. 2PPCs + 2 AC2's give a lot of long range fire support, but produce a LOT of excess heat, offset by the ton of heat sinks I have loaded in it. 2 sl are from a habit of mine, where I like to make sure I always have a laser on my torso to deal with being out of ammo and disarmed, and technically does help if someones in the minimum range. I have tried a pair of ERPPC's on this, but felt it over-heated way too quickly to be effective in my opinon.

(I honestly built this mech cause I like the look of big arm cannons AND the extra cannons sticking out of the nose, and it's one of the most fun mechs I own)

#7 YGSLlewLP

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

I am no master, but I found this one here to be much fun.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...09d61d98191dd52

Two LPL for mid range fun, if things come close, blast them with the shotgun :D

You can fire quite some time before running too hot and if you are in LB-X range, this thing packs a good punch, and the Alpha isn't that bad.

Edited by YGSLlewLP, 02 October 2015 - 04:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users